Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fiddler

Eat everything that makes u break out while on accutane..

Well the problem is this,

Since i do some bodybuilding i have to eat pretty large amounts of food and especially food with proteine. Now this is also my problem, cuz these foods make me break out. I break out from eggs, wheyshakes, milk, virtually everything with proteins.

I am taking Roaccutane now for about 2 weeks and i stopped eating what i used to eat and things are clearing up pretty well, BUT i want to eat the stuff i used to eat again. Now my doc adviced me not to eat it (cause it was causing acne)

My way of looking at it is, i am going to eat all the things that are suppossed to give me acne and when i dont get acne from it anymore i know that the roaccutane is doing it's job, and i know the acne is probably not coming back. When i stop eating my diet while i'm on roaccutane and i start eating it after the roaccutane i probably end up with the same problems..

So what am i suppossed to do?

(i hope that i made myself clear cuz i'm not from the US so i might make some mistakes)

Well what's more important for you? Muscles or Nice-looking face? If you can answer that I guess the choice is pretty obvious.

if your doc told you not to eat what you were eating before for fear that it might interfere with roaccutane then i wouldnt eat. But if it was just on the assumption that what you ate made you break out, i think you should try, if nothing more to know roaccutane is doing its job.

once the accuatne kicks in, you can do anything you want fool.. you can eat a pound of chocalate and a tub of ice cream (two foods that particularly made me break out) right before you go to bed and be completely acne free in the morning..

once the accuatne kicks in, you can do anything you want fool.. you can eat a pound of chocalate and a tub of ice cream (two foods that particularly made me break out) right before you go to bed and be completely acne free in the morning..

That's downright stupid.

That's downright stupid.

whatever you say dog, i used to smoke weed and break out like hell couple days later, same with eating chocalate and going to bed extremely late.. after accutane ur like all the other non-acne prone people in the world, you can just live your life and do whatever you want with no worries...

That's downright stupid.

whatever you say dog, i used to smoke weed and break out like hell couple days later, same with eating chocalate and going to bed extremely late.. after accutane ur like all the other non-acne prone people in the world, you can just live your life and do whatever you want with no worries...

:rolleyes: Although Accutane can be very effective, it DOES NOT mean your skin is now indestructable. You should always try to eat healthy and still take care of yourself. Your acne can come back if you trigger it enough. I would say avoid the proteins at least for now... once you are a coupleof months into the accutane treatment and you are clearing up or already clear , than slowly start re - incorporating these things to your diet. Test how much of it you can have without stressing out your skin.