Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Carol20

Roaccutane/accutane journey

Just started taking roaccutane after trying pretty much every thing u can to get rid of acne and nothing worked. this is the only thing i havn't tried so really hope it works. id say i probably have moderate acne, heading towards severe, n im so over it! my face is covered in so much scaring that i cant stand to look at myself in the mirror, and absolutely hating the way u look is no way to live your life. when people look at me i want them to see me and not a face full of pimples.

i would avoid going swimming because i didnt want people to see me without makeup on after the water washed it off. staying over at peoples houses was also avoided so people didnt see what i looked like in the morning. yea its rediculous what acne does to your self esteem. and im sick of missing out on activites because of it, im 20 and supposed to be living my life, not hiding my face.

so after being on the wait list for over a month to see a dermatologist privatly n paying $110 NZD, iv finally gotten the accutane. my doc has started me on a low dose of 20mg per day as here in New Zealand its the start of summer and this stuff might make my skin more photosensitive and my next appointment isnt for another 2 months due to the wait list. then hopefully il go on 40mg per day. iv been on it for 5 days now and havn't noticed any side effects, but definatly know that there is a huge chance il get dry skin, and my skin might even get worse before it gets better, but it'l be worth it in the end if this stuff works. il keep posting on my progress, and would love to hear from people who are on it to n hear how they are going.

Carol :surprised:

If possible, stick to 20mg for the entire course as this will reduce the chance of experiencing unwanted severe side effects.

thanx 4 the comment Max, il prob b on the low dose 4 a while seeing as its summer, my derm wil prob only increase it if my skin isn't getting better.

anyways its been 1 whole week!!!!! yaaay. so far, no side effects :). no dry skin, no sore joints, no headaches, dry eyes etc etc. the only thing is my lips r feeling slightly tight so they will prob start 2 crack at some stage if i dont keep the dryness under control but iv found a really great product called 'Calendula, wound healing' from the company Greenridge, its a balm/ointment and comes in a brown pottle. makes ur lips rediculously soft and stays on quite a while. i brought it from a pharmacy here and its made in australia so not sure if its sold in other countries. but have a look out cuz its amazing stuff. also elizabeth arden 8 hour cream is good.

breakouts wise, have had a few come up over the week, but not as many as the usual new bunch id get every day. my skin is still really oily though n hair gets greasy on the second day. but its only been a week so wasn't expecting to see anything anyway. what i have kind of noticed though is that the blemishes that were healing when i first started are taking their sweet time, so iv been putting a tiny tiny bit of Bio Oil on a couple of the big scars, kinda scared to use that stuff on my face so using it sparingly. glad my skin isn't dry, instead of a cleanser i use salt dissovled in warm water as i find this helps heal my blemishes faster and leaves my skin really soft surprisingly but i think if my skin starts getting dry itl make it worse. anyway, enough from me. still hopeing that my skin doesn't get worse before it gets better!!

accutane 20mg for first 2 months

i have a question for you guys, does anyone know of something that i can buy in new zealand thats good for getting rid of red acne scars?? iv got some bio oil but i dont really want to be putting more oil on my face :think: . something that wont make me break out. id really appreciate any suggestions as my face is covered in so much scarring. thanx guys

i have a question for you guys, does anyone know of something that i can buy in new zealand thats good for getting rid of red acne scars?? iv got some bio oil but i dont really want to be putting more oil on my face :think: . something that wont make me break out. id really appreciate any suggestions as my face is covered in so much scarring. thanx guys

I'm on my 5th day of accutane and I was looking for a solution to previous acne scarring that was safe to use while on accutane. Bioskincare sounds like a good way to go: