Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
perkie

What is the best topical product for red marks??

I have TONS of red marks from picking at pimples. I would like to start treating it instead of covering it all with make up. What is the best topical product I can use? BTW, I still have active acne, so it has to be a product that won't cause breakouts.

Thanks!

Believe it or not, I've had good results with Clearasil Ultra face wash. It has 2% salicylic acid in it, and while it doesn't seem to prevent new acne, it is fading my red marks. They're still there, but they are smaller, flatter, and only the actual spot is red instead of the skin surrounding it. Before I started using the Clearasil wash, my red marks would get scabby and my makeup would cake on top of them or peel off altogether. Now I can cover the spots easily with a tiny bit of concealer and my face looks smooth again. I usually don't have good luck with any kind of drugstore product, but this one is working for me for the moment. *crosses fingers*

I'm light skin and red marks show really easy on my skin. I been using aloe vera gel everytime, its gone in a day if its just appearing. I love that gel.

oh and old red scars will stay for a few months before going away, its at its healing stage.

well, I use lemon juice...all of my red marks lightens just a bit.. :wacko:

Guest MarifreakinA

Aloe vera gel =)

Some people have had good results with AHA, others with ACV, others with lemon juice, others with extra virgin olive oil, and others with other treatments. What works for one person may not work for the next. You just need to figure out what works for you.