Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've had trouble sleeping lately because of the huge cystc on my right cheek, feels like they're trying to take over my eye and brain.. the pain is just unberable!! would describe it as a "left-face-headache". Smiling and talking makes it really bad, and have you ever tried crying without making any expression in your face?? I've taken panodil but it doesn't work, Ibuprofen is out of the question.

On the pic (the biggest shiny one to the left) is not the worst, had that one for months, but the red thing to the right is soooo bad, it is a bump and damn it hurts, it haven't touched it at all because it hurts sooo bad and the pain is not only in the cystc but also in the skin surrounding it, almost all the way to my eye, which is very scary.. and then there is that huuuge thing beside my ear, its not just a red area (pic really don't show) but a huge red bump. which is really bad to avoid when you want to sleep on the side:/

so anybody.. help would reeeeally be appreciated!!

Ice it; see last link in signature for details.

Go to a doctor for a cortisone injection; it sounds severe enough to merit such a drastic action. You should go anyway, you might need to have the cyst lanced and drained particularly if the infection is spreading as it does appear to be. You may need a short term course of prednisone since you're reacting so severely to the accutane.

Why is ibuprofen out of the question? It has more anti-inflammatory properties than Panodil.

I can't get a cortisone injection right now, because there are no dermatologist in the Faroe Islands, but one will be here in two weeks, I also have an appointment then.

I've already been on prednisone, which worked wonders for the pain, I also ask the nurse to forward my question about taking another course of prednisone, should get my answer on friday:/

My dose on accutane as alredy been reduced to 40mg about a month ago.

about the ibuprofen, although I'm 20 I still listen to my parents :shifty: but yeah, I probably should try it, but I kinda freaked out the first time I tried it, not for acne-pain, but I was about to start a competition and yeah, the best results through the entire year but I was soooo sick when I finished, fainted and was really weak. but of course that is not the propper use of ibuprofen or so I learned

Perhaps you're thinking of some other medication than the one I speak of when I say ibuprofen. Ibuprofen is an NSAID, or a non steroidal anti inflammatory. When taken as directed and one isn't allergic to it there should be minimal side effects, certainly not faintness and nausea.

Ice will help. :)

yeah that's very possible:p newbie and european:p but Ibuprofen, speld the same way, isn't it also for headaches and pain? or in the same category as panodil?

thanx:) gonna run to the freezer straight away:p

Umm... I very much doubt that is ibuprophen you are talking about. Maybe you got ibuprofen and heroin mixed up. Ibuprofen is very safe, does not have any side effects to speak of. After an accident I had, I was prescribed 800mg three times a day for a month, and here I still am :D Honestly, you should try ibuprofen both orally, and topically (go to my thread in the mild/moderate section about the night time moisturizer). Orally I recommend you take 400mg three times a day afterr every meal.

P.S. that looks very very painful :S

yeah that's very possible:p newbie and european:p but Ibuprofen, speld the same way, isn't it also for headaches and pain? or in the same category as panodil?

thanx:) gonna run to the freezer straight away:p

Ibuprofen is somewhat similar in pain relief to acetaminophen (panodil) but it has greater anti-inflammatory properties. If you have taken it in the past and experienced problems with ibuprofen definitely do not take it again.

Sometimes ibuprofen must be taken with food to minimize gastrointestinal upset.

okey thank you:) that's what I thought, but of course it may well be that I fainted because of the pain that I took the ibuprofen for in the first place. I'm definatly gonna give it a go since this is unbearable .. what is this otherwise called? this thiiiing growing on my face? really new at this bad acne kind..

You should go to a doctor if you haven't already. They should be able to suggest something.

A doctor might also be able to prescribe oral steroids, (but you can only use that for a short time, but it might tide you over till the derm gets there), and an antibiotic like minocycline or doxycycline.

Otherwise, talk to a chemist. If you can get hold of topical ibuprofen that could be quite good, it's less likely to cause any side-effects. It's available in the UK as a sports rub. Otherwise full strength oral ibuprofen or even aspirin could help it go down.

Failing that, you can also mix up and apply an aspirin mask. Aspirin is unstable in water (breaks down after a few hours) and hence isn't available in gel form, but if you mix it up and apply it that might help maybe. You don't need much aspirin for that, maybe half a tablet- a lot of people use too much here. Half or at most one soluble aspirin is ideal for that.

The other thing is to touch it absolutely the minimum you possibly can. Sleep on your back if possible, keep the area clean. Don't try and pop it unless it forms a head; if it forms a head, remove the head once a day, don't squeeze it.

I get to talk to the nurse tomorrow:) so hopefully I can take prednisone again, which only tooone day to work last time :pray: and I should also get my answer back about the bloodtest so that I can start the antibiotic.

I'm not getting anyway near of these, the hurt so bad even when nothing is bothering them. and about the sleeping, every time I lay on my side I wake up, gets pretty annoying through the night..

I'm definitly going to buy Ibuprofen tomorrow:) and thanx for the advice:) there is still hope out there;)

I get to talk to the nurse tomorrow:) so hopefully I can take prednisone again, which only tooone day to work last time :pray: and I should also get my answer back about the bloodtest so that I can start the antibiotic.

I'm not getting anyway near of these, the hurt so bad even when nothing is bothering them. and about the sleeping, every time I lay on my side I wake up, gets pretty annoying through the night..

I'm definitly going to buy Ibuprofen tomorrow:) and thanx for the advice:) there is still hope out there;)

try not lssping on ur sides..cause it's probably irritating it more...sleep on ur back instead...

so I managed to sleep somewhat on my back last night.. and well, it isn't worse than yesterday but I'm keeping faaar away from it.

So I talked to the nurse, my blood-test came back fine, waited for that blood-test almost for a month, but when I went to pick up the antibiotic Dapson, guess what.. there isn't any Dapson in the Faroe Islands but the pharmacy will order it, and I should have it in about 2weeks:/ but fortunatly until then I could take a course of prednisone again.. and it did wonders for the pain last time:D

also that's why I didn't buy Ibuprofen.

other than that.. my nurse thinks it is weird that I'm still breaking out this bad, since I've been on accutane for more than a month and on such a low dose.. but apparently it isn't so unusual for many of the people here??

so I managed to sleep somewhat on my back last night.. and well, it isn't worse than yesterday but I'm keeping faaar away from it.

So I talked to the nurse, my blood-test came back fine, waited for that blood-test almost for a month, but when I went to pick up the antibiotic Dapson, guess what.. there isn't any Dapson in the Faroe Islands but the pharmacy will order it, and I should have it in about 2weeks:/ but fortunatly until then I could take a course of prednisone again.. and it did wonders for the pain last time:D

also that's why I didn't buy Ibuprofen.

other than that.. my nurse thinks it is weird that I'm still breaking out this bad, since I've been on accutane for more than a month and on such a low dose.. but apparently it isn't so unusual for many of the people here??

Hey! I tried ice on my cyst last week, and it didn't seem to work. So i tried heat instead and that seemed to do the trick. i've attached a pic of my face as of yesterday. I'm so sorry you're in so much pain. Have you talked to the doc about upping your tane? I start my first round next month. keep us updated.

Yeah I tried the icing but I don't think it did anything.. so I'm gonna try the the heat thing, just trying to annoy it too much.

wauw Irishgurl2009 yours really did go much down:o

about the accutane, the first week I was on 20mg then it went up to 60mg (which fits well with my weight) but after a month on accutane the derm put me down on 40mg again, because I got a pretty bad rash, which spread pretty fast from my fingers to almost halfway up my arms and because they did not see the progress they wanted in my face. Putting my does down from 60mg to 40mg helped much with the rash and my hands were soon back as usuall, but not after 5weeks on 40mg, the rash has started again..

Good luck with the accutane:) hopefully you don't have too bad breakouts and keep your spirits up:)

can you take Ibuprofen while on accutane?

otherwise a pic from now.. damn im looking forward to seeing the doctor in only 1week now.. He requested me to be the last of his patiens that day so that he would have good time for me..

post-85391-1226957824_thumb.jpg

post-85391-1226957824_thumb.jpg