Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vince Is A Stud Muffin

Da Dragons Accutane Journal

Well I go to get my accutane on wednesday from my derm and I guess I will be starting it that same day. I don't really like my derm that much and the guy told me he is gonna put me on accutane for 8 months. Is that fucking weird of is it normal? I don't have the worse acne in the world but 8 months seems a fucking long time when everyone else is on 6 months. Does that mean this shit is gonna take longer to start workign or is my face just gonna look like crap longer? I don't know what my dosage is yet but I will definilty post it up when I find out. I am 17 and around 140 pounds and I had acne since 8th grade. My face has become tottally broken out lately and I hope it doesn't get nuked cause of the low dose, but if it does I will definitly be posting alot. Finally I will definitly post pictures every single week of how my face is progressing for others who are looking to go on accutane and see how it goes. Well I am hoping for the best and I hope my derm knows what he's doing. This is gonna be one long long long summer. If anyone wants to talk about accutane [email protected] is my e-mail, and well I am hoping for the best.

Well I went to my derm today and I got my accutane he put me on 20mg pill only once a day though. Is that weird or is he just trying to lessen the chance of a initial breakout. Well I have taken some before pics and I will post them up tonight and I will be updating every week and posting weekly pics of how my face is progressing. I really hope this stuff works becasue I have been so fuckign depressed lately. I'll probably get some higher doses in the cmong months but I only weigh 140 so I guess 20mg suites me well for my weight right now. Does anyone ever take there pill without food and just take it with water?

You should try taking the pills after a meal so the roaccutane doesn't actually dissolve on your stomach lining. If you can't eat beforehand for some reason, take it with milk or something equally thick. The idea is to make sure there is as much stuff as possible between your stomach and the powder in the pills.

If you just have water make sure you drink alot. In fact try to drink alot of water through out your course on roaccutane.

The dose you've been put on is exactly the same as mine. There's nothing weird going on there smile.gif Plus the longer you go on it the more time it has to work its magic, as well as the fact it will be a lighter dose spread over time meaning less harsh side effects. Which can only be a good thing.

I am fucking pissed off anyways cause in my area my doctor prescribed me for accutane but the pharmacy gave me some shit named claravis. I guess its hte exact same shit but now I feel like this isn't going to work. I feel like absolute shit right now, more than ever cause I feel liek this acne won't work with this stuff. Does anyone know is this is actually the same thing as accutane and just called a diff name? I am so frustrated right now cause I need this.

Don't feel bad!! Claravis is THE SAME THING AS ACCUTANE!! Just generic! It's the same active ingrediant and IS NO DIFFERENT!!! I am on this right now, and I feel the same side effects as I did the first time I did accutane when I had the brand name!! Don't worry about it!!!

Thanks princess I am just so depressed irght now as everyone will see when I post my pics that my face look slike absolute shit and they make me wanan puke all over the place. I hope this stuff works cause I am so embarassed and scared. Today is day 6 for me and my lips are dry and my nose mega. My face looks so greasy I can't even put it into words. This is fucking sick

drink lots and lots of water. drop the soda and junk anddon't stress! I'm going through the same thing. I take 40 mgs a day and I am on day 5. So far just small zits around my jaw line, one on my neck and a small one on my forehead. I refuse to let my mind take over and make this experience worse. Please try to keep a positive attitude.. just keep focusing on the positives, watch your diet, keep your pillow case clean and fresh at all times, and take some vitamin e.

God Bless...and hang in there!

definitly definitly, and to all those people who try and rip on me cause of my face. Well you have no idea what the fuck I am going through and I pray you never go through this. I love comign to this board and talkign to you guys people because if you never had acne you never understand it no matter how many books u read. Well I'll post some pics tm or wednesday whenever I get the chance to upload em, but be warmed they are very disgusting. Keep me updated buddy since we will be going through this at the same time for the next couple months. It will help knowing how someone at the same time as me is doing.

wow you're cute! your acne just looks like shaving irritation. I'm sure it'll be gone in no time smile.gif

even tho im not a doc, i think by the end of your course (probably even before that) you'll have cleared quite nicely biggrin.gif praying for ya man

Week 1

Well my first week is over and I have to say I feel very good about finally being on this drug. I still hate how my face looks after one week but it feels good to know you are on something that works. I haven't had any improvement and actually I have had all these little white head zits pop up all over my lip and sides of my face. I guess thats a good thing because the medicine is doing its job. My real problem area is my chin which has pretty much been drying out like crazy. Starting the week I had huge red bumps but now they have all seemed to turn in white heads, they look much more disgusting but it seems liek they are drying out which is a good thing. I have better looking days and fucking horrible lookign days, but I think my face won't improve until at least next month sad.gif which sucks but I believe this medicine will work. No change in the oil on my face, and it still looks like a oil pool after I eat food. I posted up week 1 pics in my gallery if you wanna see how its coming along.(warning pics are disgusting) Go Accutane go

Side Effects

- Lips starting to get dry towards end of week

- Mega dry nose the whole week

- A little more tired than usual bot not a lot

Hiya Dragon!

I started on accutane the exact same day as you did, so I'm definitely interested in hearing about how you're progressing. Keep us updated! If you care (and you don't have to biggrin.gif) I also have a log on here for my accutane progress.

Thanks zha yeah it would be really great to talk to someone who is going through the same crap as I am on. How are you doin? Keep me updated and I'll keep checking your journal. I'll be hoping your acne is gone just like mine. NEW PICS UP

Besides being on accutane and another aniti biotic to help my face for something that I don't know, I just pop a pill my derm also put me on a regimen for 5 days. Here's how it goes if anyone wants to try it: I take gaws and soak them in mildy hot water, then I lay them on the affected area for 3 minutes. After every 3 minutes you squeeze them and remoisten and repeat until you go for 15 minutes. It is suppossed to shrink all the zits that you have in the affected area. When done I have this anti itch cream I put on that kills the redness and stops me from itching my face so I won't get dirty what I just cleaned.. I hope this helps me out and anyone should try this if nothing else worked.

Week 2

Well I popped my 15th pill and my 2 week of using accutane is complete right now. I have to say that I haven't really experienced much improvement except for a little decline in the size of the zits on my chin. I did get a huge massive zit on my face next to my nose that is massive last week and is still big as ever today. I have some little zits on the side of my face next to my sideburns but not to bad. I had the pimples on my chin dry up a little bit, and then come back some. I have to say my chin looks a little better while my cheeks look worse. I guess I am still going through my initial breakout. Hoping for the best still. If you are interested I have some new pics going up tonight. This stuff is going to work I know it.

Side Effects

- Dry lips still

- Woke up with a bloody nose

- Zits appearing in unusual places (arm, nipple)

- Becoming tired easier

hey,

sounds like your doing a little better...at least your not worse. well i just completed my 2nd week too. i started at 40mgs the first week and this past week i upped to 60mgs. the only thing i notice was my lips became much drier. my skin is about the same *knock on wood* i haven't had a severe breakout yet. all the zits i get are random ones and easy to hide with makeup. i haven't had a bunch of them just appear all at once, so i'm thankful for that. i know it won't last but i'm going to enjoy it while i can. right now i have a medium sized one on my left cheek, and one by my right eyebrow on the bridge of my nose, easy to cover with makeup and eyeshadow smile.gif . my back is completely smooth and clear, just a little splotchy so that is very good, cuz it's getting warm here and i don't want to have to worry about exposing my back in shirts. my chin has little bitty bumps but they scrape off easily when i wash. forehead is nice and clear. neck and jaw area are smooth, no zits...yay!

i'm still sleeping well, appetite is normal. my back is starting to get a little sore, only when i bend over and then try to stand up it aches a bit. other than that, i'm good. no nosebleeds, no flaky hair, and no rashes or anything. i'm drinking tons and tons of water and still taking vitamin e 2x's a day.

God Bless! biggrin.gif

hshshshshshshhahahahahahaha i am laughing because my face is getting fucked up and I don't think I can handle it ahahahahahahahah. This sucks ass, everytime I think its getting better it's like I am cursing myself and it breaks out again. PLEASE stop comign out you stupid zits. Sweet cyst started growing on the side of my head that will probably take 2 months to go away. ahahahahahahahahahah laughing ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha I am so depressed.

Da Dragon,

I don't know if you have read some of my posts, but anyways, I super really deeply suggest that you read this website:

www.freeacnebook.com

If you take the time to read it and read the "sample diet", it will give you the information to help yourself get rid of acne.

I hope you do, my brother had been on accutane, it worked, i guess, i mean his face was always dry as hell, itchy, red, inflammed, some cure....eh?

Anyways, I have tried this diet and can attest to it, however being in college makes doing the "sample diet" extremely freakin' hard, as you will see for yourself, when you read about it.

Anyways, I would just like to know your opinion on this site.

Thanks For Your Time!

Don't go psycho or anything Dragon--remember, this is only temporary! If you can last through the tough part, you'll soon be all clear, probably permanently! It sucks gigantic donkey balls (three of them!) right now, but at least you can be sure that in a little while, it'll be *gone*. You've just gotta make it through this next little bit.

hobo2alpha: IMO, spamming a depressed person's journal is the epitome of rudeness.

cry.gif Awww...hang in there! Please don't give up, you've come so far. I know these are just words but you really are gonna be fine you will get through this. We all will. Check out this girls website for inspiration, it really is a great journal and I think it will motivate you. http://www.geocities.com/licensedprincess33/

sad.gif

Dragon, it's official--you need to do something to get your mind off of stuff. Go do something you have fun with! Exercise, or read a good book, or draw a picture, or take a walk in the woods, or see a movie, or play a neat computer game, or listen to some music, or whatever. Seriously. You'll probably feel a lot better afterwards if you can truly get your mind off of stuff for just a little while.

Hang in there.