Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
andersoj

COULD IT BE?!!

hey guys i have a good update. i recently upped my fish oil intake to about 4 grams a day, and i have no breakouts, execpt for like one white head. but my skin is the best its been since this website, and i really think the omega 3 balance has alot to do with it after reading some articles. but one thing is my skin is more dry than ussual. also i think the fish oil is what helping you guys much more than the borage oil. i tried borage oil before and it didnt keep me clear like this.

Sweeet dude!

I'm trying like a million things right now (ACV, aczone, uh thats about it, but it seems like a million lol) but I'm gonna try and up my fish oil intake. My skin is kind of meh right now, have two rather annoying pimples on my chin that luckily I was able to pop and some crap on my forehead. These pimples on my chin were the first of there kind since starting resveratrol, so I attribute them to either the acv or aczone hopefully purging me of late bloomers. Well see...

hows everyone doing so far. im doing ok i recently got a cyst on my chin and im starting to seriously dought that diet has an effect on me. the only thing that hurt me in the past was protein shakes which gave me severe cystic acne all over my face, but after accutane it was gone. now i only get patchy red irritations on my chin and jawline and an occasional cyst. i think i might have hormonal acne problems but i dont know what to do anymore. maybe il up the res v dosage and hope for the best.

hows everyone doing so far. im doing ok i recently got a cyst on my chin and im starting to seriously dought that diet has an effect on me. the only thing that hurt me in the past was protein shakes which gave me severe cystic acne all over my face, but after accutane it was gone. now i only get patchy red irritations on my chin and jawline and an occasional cyst. i think i might have hormonal acne problems but i dont know what to do anymore. maybe il up the res v dosage and hope for the best.

I'm still doing ok, not 100%, but life must go on. Sorry to hear about the cyst.

Taking 3- Borage Oil, 2-EPO, 2 Resveratrol, Zinc, Vitamin C, Vitamin D and Aczone and it seems to be doing well.

what do you think is helping you the most out of everything?? im currently using 4 res v pills, and 4 fish oil which comes out to a total of 2.4 grams of omega 3, and im doing good. im upping my dose to 6 res v pills, and 6 fish oil now, i might add the borage oil to see if that helps also. i was reading that resveratrol has a very short half life in some of the imminst forums and other articles, so it doesnt stay in your blood stream for very long. i figured if i up my dose a little mayb i can reap more benefits.

im upping my dose to 6 res v pills, and 6 fish oil now, i might add the borage oil to see if that helps also. i was reading that resveratrol has a very short half life in some of the imminst forums and other articles, so it doesnt stay in your blood stream for very long. i figured if i up my dose a little mayb i can reap more benefits.

Interested in hearing how the increased dose goes. I'm considering it myself, but I might try 3 in the morning and 3 at night, even-though I remember reading that its beneficial to take it all at once to get it into your blood stream.

ALso this drug SRT2104, which should be out in a couple years is very exciting. Supposed to be thousands of times more potent that res and works directly on the expression of the sirt-1 gene, which is responsible for all of resveratrols benefits. They are looking into it as a diabetes treatment, which is why I think res is helping our skin, in that it increases insulin resistance and tricks the body into thinking its fasting. Just not quiet enough yet unfortunately, but I feel like this could be it.

hmm, im not quite sure that the resveratrol we take has too much of an effect on our insulin resistance. the study they did on the mice was in extremely high doses, much more than what we take as humans. and also i think the main reason for res v's action against acne comes down to its ablilty to regulate PPRs and inhibit Arachidonic Acid in our bodies. i also notice that res also works much better when used with fish oil supplements. whenever i eat to much fatty foods, or fatty meats, with vegetable oils and hydrogenated fats i usually tend to break out more. i noticed when i went to visit my buddy in boulder coloardo, i was drinking hard with sugary drinks eating pretty much ony carbs the entire trip with little to no meat and fats. i had absolutely no breakouts. the day i csme back i ate oily bratwurst and other stuff and the next day i had small breakouts forming. i have started to come to the conclusion that my acne is related mostly to the omega 6 to3 imbalance. now i just want to see how borage oil would work for me and if its worth using. it seems like just fish oil would be better than borage oil for its direct effects on PPRs etc. but who knows. any thoughts?

Boulder huh? Small world as that's where I'm currently going to school. Very fun place and I hope you enjoyed yourself, as I'm sure you did considering your skin was good.

Ive been going out too much lately and have been smoking a lot of cigs, which is my new favorite (well second favorite;)) drunken past time and I'm breaking out, worse then in a long time, still not very bad mind you, but there's a potential cyst coming in on my chin which is my absolute least favorite place to get acne. My skin there doesn't heel worth shit and I've got quite a few faded, but noticeable red marks from over the years.. Very frustrating.

The fatty foods theory is interesting, but yeah that leads me to believe that the borrage abd EPO could do nothing but damage, but that doesn't seem to be the case for most. I bought some EPO a few weeks ago, but have been hesitant to take it based on your passed experience.

So what I'm gonna do now after this last break/freak out is start taking b5 from this company in conjunction with the res-v, hoping soon I will be able to cut down on both. I was recommend this brands liquid formula by a member on here that I trust and it seems promising and far easier with just two tbsp a day rather than 20 pills. If this fails then I'm gonna take a long hard look at my diet and lifestyle (again), but I really don;t want to have to do that, I'm finnaly starting to have some fun.

hah thats awsome im actually considering transfering to boulder. but yea my skin is doing really good right now i have no new breakouts old one are healing, ive been avoiding oily foods and i upped my fish oil to 6 pills a day, and res v to 6 pills also (which still really isnt much of either considering res v only yeilds 500 mg per 2 pills, and fish oil is 600mg per cap so it come out to like 3.5 grams of fish oil) but im doing fine as far as that goes. i might gradually go to 8 resv and 8 fish oil in the future to be 100% hopefully, but thats why i was wondering about borage oil becuase i tried it a month ago and couldnt really tell if it helped or not. but i guess if i couldnt tell then its probably not worth it haha. i would try b5 but it seems a little to hardcore lol

fyi to anyone doing omega 3s and 6s (fish oil or CLO + EPO or borage): you might want to add sesame seeds to your diet or supplements, it will inhibit conversion of DGLA to arachidonic acid and thus more readily give an anti-inflammatory result instead of inflammation. research sesame and arachidonic acid or sesame and delta-6-desaturase.

hmm sesame seeds, well I know that resveratrol is a very potent AA inhibitor but I wonder how it compares to sesame seeds. Have you noticed any significant difference supplementing sesame into your diet?

has anyone tried Rev Genetics Resveratrol, megaresveratrol is currently out of stock with the 50% resv and im trying to decide if i should go with rev genetics or mega resveratrol's 99%, what do you guys think?

has anyone tried Rev Genetics Resveratrol, megaresveratrol is currently out of stock with the 50% resv and im trying to decide if i should go with rev genetics or mega resveratrol's 99%, what do you guys think?

Hey,

I started out on the revgen 50% and didn't see any improvements taking .9 grams for about three weeks. It wasn't till I started on the mega that I started seeing results. If I were you I would either try the 99% from mega, or the micronized tween 80 from rev genetics. I'd be very interested in hearing how either works for you as emodin would be taken out of the equation.

oh really, i just bought the rev genetics 500mg so i can only hope for the best. i also bought some borage oil and im gonna give that a try.

hey andersoj im kindof tempted to try the resveratrol cream that rev genetics sells. also beacuse when they did their studies on res v in regards to acne, and other skin problems it was with topical use of resveratrol. i wonder if the cream has them same ingredients or close...

I've been on resveratrol for a couple of months now and have noticed some beneficial effects (may be due to the bowel movement-inducing effect). I have also incorporated the use of Borage Oil into my regimen to see what that would do. I have been taking 6000 mg (about 1000mg GLA) per day with 2400 mg Lecithin split into two doses. The problem is that I have noticed a lot more breakouts around my mouth and on either side of my nose, hard bumps (on either side of nose)and white heads (around mouth). My diet is consistently acne friendly, so it's not that. I'm going down to 2000 mg Borage per day to see what that will do, since I read on another thread that too much Borage can have the opposite effect and cause inflammation. Any thoughts?

hmm yea i tried borage oil and it made my skin more oily and borken out, thats why i just stick with fish oil and res v. i also breakout mainly around my mouth chin and jawline. you should really try fish oil instead and see how it works for you.

hmm yea i tried borage oil and it made my skin more oily and borken out, thats why i just stick with fish oil and res v. i also breakout mainly around my mouth chin and jawline. you should really try fish oil instead and see how it works for you.

I tried fish oil a couple of months ago and it made me break out worse than the Borage Oil did. I don't remember what dosage I was taking, but it wasn't anything crazy and they were capsules. I think I'll try borage for a while longer at a low dose and stick with the resv. If I can maintain my diet well, I don't get much pimple activity.

hello boys,

iam drinking for 2 week grape juice. It helps with great agains acne. maybe because there are reservatol inside.

drink grape juice and not buy this expensive res-v

Hello everyone,

I know this is probably frowned upon on this forum but I don't know anyone elso who would be interested. I am selling 5 unused bottles of 50% Megaresveratrol brand res-v. The are sealed and only about a month old. I have been on Res-v for about 6 months and a month ago I ordered a large amount (6 bottles). I don't like going to the bathroom so often so I am discontinuing my Res-v treatment. I payed $180.00 plus shipping for it about a month ago and have used one bottle since. I am willing to sell the 5 bottles for $110.00 shipped to anywhere in the continental U.S. If anyone is interested, send me a private message. Thanks.

Still doing pretty good, but I'm a little worried as Mega Resveratrols new pills are different. Different smell, different colored bottle and most importantly there not making me diahrea 4 time a day, which is good, but not if that was what was keeping me clear. I'll update again in a couple weeks.