Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
andersoj

COULD IT BE?!!

Ive been holding out on making this post for a while, because I wanted to be sure.

As some of you may have read, from my many posts on the subject I have been relying on accutane to keep my skin clear for the last 2.5-3years. First with two normal courses and up till recently micro dosing with less than 5mg/day. Before that Ive been dealing with acne since about 9th grade of high school and I have let it wreak havoc on my life in so many ways.

Ive been frantically looking for an alternative to my accutane addiction for a long time, which is why I check this board multiple times a day (very bad habit). Ive tried the gamut of suppliments from DIM to PGX and nothing has helped, I even tried the coffee enemas LOL! I know that I should probably be on a highly restrictive diet, Ive known this for a long time, but I simply don't have the discipline and love my food too much. I don't like the idea of having to revolve my life and diet around acne, even though I still do in a lot of ways. I even had a food allergy test done, because I thought that if I had doctor telling me not to eat the stuff I know I shouldn't it would be easier, but yeah, that worked for all of two weeks.

SO what Ive been doing lately is eating a regular diet, with way too many grains and large portions (not proud of this) drinking sugary alcohol drinks on weekends and getting some pretty irregular sleep (I'm a senior in architecture, give me a break). Now its been over a month since my last 10mg pill and normally by this time my Oil would be back, my nose would be prickled by huge blackheads and a couple cysts would be forming about a centimeter under my lip. But low and behold, I am staying clear. My skin is not oily, my blackheads are just a little worse then when I'm on tane (which is still pretty bad, but I can deal) and I have had no sign of a cyst. I still get the odd blemish, but nothing worth dwelling over, which doesn't take much for me.

How did I do it? Well I'm not a hundred percent sure, I'm not even sure if its safe to say I did it yet, but I will tell you what I'm doing.

The most important ingredient I believe is Resveratrol. I am taking the same dose, from the same company as the poster at the end of this thread and after two weeks of doing this I noticed my skin getting better. I really think this is the silverbullet, I'm not 100 percent sure why, but I'd recomend reading the wiki page on it as it supposedly has the ability to drastically lower the insulin response from food, which as we all seem to think has a great deal to do with acne. Besides this there are a great many other supposed health benefits so even if it doesn't help your skin it might help you in other ways.

I buy the 50% pills from mega resveratrol and take 4 a day, just like the other poster. This ends up being 2 grams of t-resveratrol and a little over a dollar a day. Don't try and take less than this, I did and it didn't work. I really recommend reading through the thread I linked to and I honestly want to kiss the kid who posted about his experience. I thought he was a shill at first and that his story was to be too good to be true, because that's how everything is when your dealing with acne. It really makes me want to cry just entertaining the idea that Ive come across a long term solution that doesn't require a drastic lifestyle change.

Another thing Ive been doing that I don't think has had as great of an impact as the resveratrol, although I can't be sure as I started the two at practically the same time, is water therapy. Even if this isn't helping my skin, it seems to just make my days better and makes me feel more healthy in general. It is supposed to aid in digestion, so that might be why.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Water-Therapy-t213671.html

Anyway, I hope that this can help some of you and I'm sorry about the bloated description but, hey, THIS IS AN EXTREMELY BIG DEAL TO ME. Hopefully my stay here is coming to an end and I can forget about this acne shit and this addictive and I hate to say poisonous, (albeit occasionally enlightening) website forever. :)

I've been on accutane for years at a time too my friend. I even did 50mg a day for over a year straight. I think accutane gets rid of most types of acne, but there is still that persistant, nasty type (which usually includes cysts) that comes back when off the tane. I've been off tane for about a month now this time and I'm clear too. I've been doing the coffee enemas. When did you do your? Maybe this has had a positive effect for you too?! Normally, I'd be fucked right now too with oily skin and zits everywhere. But since the enemas, I'm clear as a bell. I'm starting to wonder if accutane is what caused me to get cysts. I am not getting them anymore. Just little tiny bumps on occasion. I will look into this supplement though.

I've been on accutane for years at a time too my friend. I even did 50mg a day for over a year straight. I think accutane gets rid of most types of acne, but there is still that persistant, nasty type (which usually includes cysts) that comes back when off the tane. I've been off tane for about a month now this time and I'm clear too. I've been doing the coffee enemas. When did you do your? Maybe this has had a positive effect for you too?! Normally, I'd be fucked right now too with oily skin and zits everywhere. But since the enemas, I'm clear as a bell. I'm starting to wonder if accutane is what caused me to get cysts. I am not getting them anymore. Just little tiny bumps on occasion. I will look into this supplement though.

I tried the coffee enemas over the summer, but I don't think I was consistent enough with them to reap the benefits. My current clear skin is definitely not from them. I'm happy that there working for you though and would definitely give them another shot if this ends up falling through. It sounds like we have similar skin, although Iin my experience coming off 50 mg/day would keep me clear a lot longer than coming off 5, but it seems like you know how to gauge it. Isn't the idea that you won't have to eat that shit anymore, I don't know... liberating?

Ive been holding out on making this post for a while, because I wanted to be sure.

As some of you may have read, from my many posts on the subject I have been relying on accutane to keep my skin clear for the last 2.5-3years. First with two normal courses and up till recently micro dosing with less than 5mg/day. Before that Ive been dealing with acne since about 9th grade of high school and I have let it wreak havoc on my life in so many ways.

Ive been frantically looking for an alternative to my accutane addiction for a long time, which is why I check this board multiple times a day (very bad habit). Ive tried the gamut of suppliments from DIM to PGX and nothing has helped, I even tried the coffee enemas LOL! I know that I should probably be on a highly restrictive diet, Ive known this for a long time, but I simply don't have the discipline and love my food too much. I don't like the idea of having to revolve my life and diet around acne, even though I still do in a lot of ways. I even had a food allergy test done, because I thought that if I had doctor telling me not to eat the stuff I know I shouldn't it would be easier, but yeah, that worked for all of two weeks.

SO what Ive been doing lately is eating a regular diet, with way too many grains and large portions (not proud of this) drinking sugary alcohol drinks on weekends and getting some pretty irregular sleep (I'm a senior in architecture, give me a break). Now its been over a month since my last 10mg pill and normally by this time my Oil would be back, my nose would be prickled by huge blackheads and a couple cysts would be forming about a centimeter under my lip. But low and behold, I am staying clear. My skin is not oily, my blackheads are just a little worse then when I'm on tane (which is still pretty bad, but I can deal) and I have had no sign of a cyst. I still get the odd blemish, but nothing worth dwelling over, which doesn't take much for me.

How did I do it? Well I'm not a hundred percent sure, I'm not even sure if its safe to say I did it yet, but I will tell you what I'm doing.

The most important ingredient I believe is Resveratrol. I am taking the same dose, from the same company as the poster at the end of this thread and after two weeks of doing this I noticed my skin getting better. I really think this is the silverbullet, I'm not 100 percent sure why, but I'd recomend reading the wiki page on it as it supposedly has the ability to drastically lower the insulin response from food, which as we all seem to think has a great deal to do with acne. Besides this there are a great many other supposed health benefits so even if it doesn't help your skin it might help you in other ways.

I buy the 50% pills from mega resveratrol and take 4 a day, just like the other poster. This ends up being 2 grams of t-resveratrol and a little over a dollar a day. Don't try and take less than this, I did and it didn't work. I really recommend reading through the thread I linked to and I honestly want to kiss the kid who posted about his experience. I thought he was a shill at first and that his story was to be too good to be true, because that's how everything is when your dealing with acne. It really makes me want to cry just entertaining the idea that Ive come across a long term solution that doesn't require a drastic lifestyle change.

Another thing Ive been doing that I don't think has had as great of an impact as the resveratrol, although I can't be sure as I started the two at practically the same time, is water therapy. Even if this isn't helping my skin, it seems to just make my days better and makes me feel more healthy in general. It is supposed to aid in digestion, so that might be why.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Water-Therapy-t213671.html

Anyway, I hope that this can help some of you and I'm sorry about the bloated description but, hey, THIS IS AN EXTREMELY BIG DEAL TO ME. Hopefully my stay here is coming to an end and I can forget about this acne shit and this addictive and I hate to say poisonous, (albeit occasionally enlightening) website forever. :)

getting irregular sleep or lack of sleep messes up actions of many hormones, especially insulin. But dont take my word for it, look into it.

Hey it says that resveratrol can be an estrogen antogonist and an agonist or whatever the hell lol. It says it depends on the tissue. Could this promote higher estrogen levels?

ya, andersoj got any updates?? hopefully with good news! i just ordered me some resveratrol and was wondering if things were still going good for u

It is found in grapes/wine. If I remember correctly, it is an antioxidant, and a very very very powerful one at that. The only tests I know of with resveratrol involved giving lab rats high dosages of this and their life spans increased by an unbelievable amount

It is found in grapes/wine. If I remember correctly, it is an antioxidant, and a very very very powerful one at that. The only tests I know of with resveratrol involved giving lab rats high dosages of this and their life spans increased by an unbelievable amount

I know that it's a compound many different plants produce as a defense against pathogens, meaning that there's more resevratol in organic food that didn't rely on pesticies to kill the pathogens for them. It's surely beneficial, but how good it is for the common person's case of acne, I don't know.

Can someone link me to where they're purchasing theirs from?

-Thanks

I think most people are getting theirs from RevGenetics (I am not affiliated with them and have not bought from them as of yet).

I have been reading about Resveratrol and heard it is supposed to be really good for lots of things. Google imminst and Resveratrol and you will find a great forum about Resveratrol.

I am going to order some later today if I can. Even if it doesn't help my skin, it is supposed to be good for me anyways. Too bad it is so expensive.

i got mine from megaresveratrol.com its second best next to rev genetics. only reason i got it is because rev gen ran out of the 50% one.

well this is my 3rd day on resveratrol and i havent notice any difference in my acne (it's still bad), the only thing that the resveratrol has been doing is making me go to the bathroom a lot, but i'm going to give it a fair 2 weeks try and ill keep updating if resveratrol does turning into the magical acne cure lol. it would be nice to hear how andersoj is still doing with resveratrol...

Hey sorry about my absence, but yes my skin is still doing great, minus the blackheads. I am excited that some of you are trying this and as I said before I am taking 4 of the 50% caps from megaresveratrol a day. This is the exact same dose that the original person was taking and as he said it is hard to take more, because it acts as a mild laxative. I would also like to reiterate that I was already clear when I transitioned from Tane to this so if you have a ton of active acne I would stick with it for longer than two weeks. Just finish your supply, which should last you 2 months and and if nothing happens than don't order any more.

Once again I'm sorry about not checking in, but I'm really trying to forget about this place. It has helped me in a lot of ways, but it also makes me think too much about my skin. Not to rub it in, but I also just started going out with my dream girl who is and will hopefully continue to be a giant distraction. On the other hand, I'm super interested in seeing how this works for you guys so I'll be back, keep us posted.

:)

does anyone else get really dark urine while on this res-v supplement? ive been taking the 50% from megaresveratrol and it makes my urine dark yellow, i think its from the emodin content or something but i dont wanna feel like im the only one here.

does anyone else get really dark urine while on this res-v supplement? ive been taking the 50% from megaresveratrol and it makes my urine dark yellow, i think its from the emodin content or something but i dont wanna feel like im the only one here.

Dark urine = drink more water.

Hi Mroth, I've also been on it for four days and I notice the same thing as you. It does not worry me much at all since taking Berocca (a powerful multivitamin) has the same effect. I'll try it for 3-4 weeks a see how it goes.

BTW, it has nothing to do with how much water you drink. I'm always drinking around 3 liters or more.

After researching on imminst for a bit last night I came across some interesting observations. Some people over there think that the emodin is responsible for some of the good and bad side effects people experience while taking the 50%. I'm personally getting fed up having to diarrhea upwards of 5 times a day, but would gladly continue doing so if this "side effect" is whats clearing my skin. I'm going to try the 99%, Ill let you all know how it goes.

yea ive been taking res-v for like 5 days now and the dark urine has started to go away and i dont have any more laxative side effects. but unfortunalty i just had a mild breakout on my left cheek and although its very irritating its only about 3 or 4 little inflammed extrusions. but yea im gonna up the dose to 2 grams a day(6 pills) and see if it really knocks out the acne. but for the most part my skin feels much softer and less oily, and not as red.

does anyone else have any updates??

il keep you guys posted with daily updates if i can.

Regime

DAY 5

3 grams fish oil

2 grams res-v

10,000gdu's bromelain and other enzymes

yea ive been taking res-v for like 5 days now and the dark urine has started to go away and i dont have any more laxative side effects. but unfortunalty i just had a mild breakout on my left cheek and although its very irritating its only about 3 or 4 little inflammed extrusions. but yea im gonna up the dose to 2 grams a day(6 pills) and see if it really knocks out the acne. but for the most part my skin feels much softer and less oily, and not as red.

does anyone else have any updates??

il keep you guys posted with daily updates if i can.

Regime

DAY 5

3 grams fish oil

2 grams res-v

10,000gdu's bromelain and other enzymes

6 pills? Which are you taking because as far as I know 4=2 grams from the 50% mega resveratrol. :think: Oh and I'm glad to hear that your skins responding.

well yes 2 pills of the 50% has 1000mg of reservatrol but it only yeilds 500mg. So basically you're only getting a gram of res v with 4 pills. And it hasn't really done anything for my acne yet but it's only been 5 days. Well see what happens. The only thing that seems to work so far is bromelain fish oil and avoiding high omega 6 foods but also I haven't quite narrowed down what breaks me out between fructose or omega 6. But today I had very irritating inflammed breakout and I had a very oily meal with low carb and low sugar so it's starting to piece together. Il keep u guys updated though. If you have any other advice or questions let me know. Il be checking in daily