Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blossom:D

Whats with videogames and acne?

the biggest reason it that gamers are teenagers and young adults. That age group gets acne. But it's also because people who play gaes alot tend to lead unhealthy lives. I know I did when I gamed a lot. And I was depressed because of my skin, but I didn't know what to do and used it as a sort of escape mechanism. For the few hours I played every day I was free from any judgement of other people.

LAWL. It's not the videogames, that's for sure. You must look beyond that.

A lot of gamers are teens and young adults; thus, they still have hormones a-rushing through them. Sometimes, videogamers only play videogames and they don't get enough exercise nor do they eat healthily; energy drinks or soft drinks plus easy snack meals can contribute to an unhealthy lifestyle and thus, could cause acne.

Also, if they tend to play games deep into the night, lack of sleep can cause stress and can cause breakouts.

Also, it could be that people that have acne due to some other reason don't want to go out because they feel self-conscious and so they will play videogames at home.