Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
f4ll3n89

should i stop the regimen for awhile and see what happens?

my skin just is not getting better on the regimen. it has looked the same for alogn time now. the absolute worst part is the oiliness. if i stopped using bp and moisturizer would i stop getting so damn oily? its just not worth it. having oily skin is less socially acceptable then having acne. also. the places in which i dont use the BP such as my left cheek and my neck are the clearest. could bp actually be causing me to break out? is my skin wanting naturality?

You could always try going naturual for awhile, but before you do, can I ask you exactly how you are doing your skincare regimen and how long you've been doing it?

sure.

I have been using dans regimen for about a year consistently. Cleansing gently in the shower, patting dry, waiting 15 minutes, gently applying BP, waiting 15 minutes, gently applying moisturizer. My skin is just so oily. i have to use oil blotters all the time. before i used anythig other then showers my skin was not oily. and to be honest the acne was alot better. but this was also 2 years ago. idk if as ive got older my acne has just gotten worse.. i have had acne for 4 years though..

I just dont want all the annoyance of the regimen and oiliness from it and dryness to be for nothing. I would rather be natural like all my friends who have nice non oily skin.

sure.

I have been using dans regimen for about a year consistently. Cleansing gently in the shower, patting dry, waiting 15 minutes, gently applying BP, waiting 15 minutes, gently applying moisturizer. My skin is just so oily. i have to use oil blotters all the time. before i used anythig other then showers my skin was not oily. and to be honest the acne was alot better. but this was also 2 years ago. idk if as ive got older my acne has just gotten worse.. i have had acne for 4 years though..

I just dont want all the annoyance of the regimen and oiliness from it and dryness to be for nothing. I would rather be natural like all my friends who have nice non oily skin.

After a year, I would just stop...If you do, don't immediately switch to another regimen though. Try just water for a while.

i dont even want a regimen.

this is what i plan on doing.

Shower morning and night with dans gentle cleanser. Then out of shower. No moisturizer.

I am however a bit dry after coming out of the shower now so how long dpo you think it will be before my skin normals out after discontinuing use of drying benzyl peroxide? or in other words. how long will it be before my skin isnt dry after coming out of water?

i say fuck Dans regimen this guy is getting rich off all of us jus buy a simple dam face cleanser a toner some BP and a moisturizer thats all you need

whilst im admittedly not a fan of topicals anymore, i appreciate this site and dan's work. i think your comment is inappropriate.

i say fuck Dans regimen this guy is getting rich off all of us jus buy a simple dam face cleanser a toner some BP and a moisturizer thats all you need

That's unfortunate you feel that way. In case you didn't know, it takes money to run a business. Sure you could go out and find pretty much the exact supplies Dan uses, but how much is that going to cost you? I would imagine more. Dan is saving you money and in my opinion giving you a better quality product.

Would you rather Dan (someone who battles with acne and can identify with the ailment) get rich or some fat cat big wig CEO at Neutragena etc.. whos only concern is making his/her car payment?

Dan's BP actually costs less per ounce than over the counter BP. (Neutrogena on the Spot, which is the best 2.5% OTC BP you can buy, generally charges 5-6 dollars per .75 ounce (not even a full ounce), whereas Dan's BP costs you 16 for 8 ounces, or 32 dollars of 16 ounces.

Comparatively, to buy 16 ounces of a similar 2.5% BP product would cost you 80 dollars - before taxes, wheras Dan only charges 32.

That's hardly "ripping anyone off". That's a bargain is what it is.

Also, if Dan's only interest were making money, then he would hardly dedicate a majority of his money, time, and bandwith to a website wherin the majority of discussion about acne treatments have nothing to do with his personal products. Try going to the ProActiv website and asking about Cetaphil and see how far you'll get there.

Dan is not out to rip anyone off. The next time you accuse him of that, please take the time to compare how much his products costs v.s how much the OTC equivilants costs.

Ahh this sucks. I was worried about this, because I have extremely oily skin already as it is...how am I going to react to the regimen when I get it?

That's why I quit proactiv, it made me into a complete grease ball and didn't help at all.

i dont get it. When i use bp and hella moisturizer im still dry as the sun. Maybe you should try using a different moisturizer. For me ID rather be oily than have acne =P

I have to use jojoba oil to rid the flakes