Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tth1990

My Weekly Photo Updated Acne.org Regimen Log

Okay, so I'm going to try to keep this fairly short since I know nobody wants to hear my life story.

I just turned 18 and I have very persistent acne, what I would call moderate severe. I have VERY oily skin and my acne almost always forms whiteheads, but I also experience some without whiteheads. Once in a while I get cysts deep down in, and I've noticed I've been getting more of those lately now that my face is all messed up (as you will read below). Often I will have a pimple go down only to have it come back in the same exact spot a week later.

I've tried EVERYTHING in the past! Proactiv (which made my face EXTREMELY greasy), clindamycin, AcneFree, baking soda, vinegar, Oxy, antibiotics, a lot of basic cleansers, and other methods, etc.

My last product was Carley's Clear and Smooth. Started out amazing, then huge, huge breakouts that left my face completely ruined, as you are about to see in the pictures. My face hasn't been this bad since I was 13! I stuck with it for many months thinking it was my skin purging, not at all the case. My pores were just getting progressively clogged and my acne was turning more cystic, so I quit it for good. Now I have a LONG road to recovery, especially since my red spots always last a very long time...in fact a lot of marks in the pictures are just red spots. Should I wait to deal with those AFTER (of IF) I get completely clear?

I just ordered Dan's regimen today. I will post updated pictures every week of my progress, starting 1 week after I receive the kit and do my first treatment. Please keep your fingers crossed for me and feel free to share any experiences that you've had with the regimen that you think I should be aware of.

Skin condition as of today:

Right Side:

post-87920-1226529113_thumb.jpg

Left Side:

post-87920-1226529359_thumb.jpg

Is there any hope for the regimen working for me with acne this severe? This is incredibly embarrassing for me since I'm very involved at school and such and have to be social.

post-87920-1226529113_thumb.jpg

post-87920-1226529359_thumb.jpg

hel yea theres still hope man i was just like u my face was just like that

and then i tried dans regimen but i got the alternative products like neutrogena on the spot purpose cleanser and some good moisturizer.This didnt really clear me up but it took care of some spots for 2 weeks, and at the beggining some parts of my face would flake and dry but your face will get used to it

im tellin u right now dont freak out if it dries u up.just use moisturizer and jojoba oil.it works

so after those 2 weeks i tried acne. org products and my face started clearin up overall, and theres a day where i would breakout but just lil breakouts. but after 2-3 days my breakouts would clear up.

and now its my second week on the acne org products but in reality its a month using dans regimen and my face is clearin up overall

im tellin u man my face was just like yours and i tried so many dam things i swear i thought there was nothin else.so i gave this a try and this is workin for me. this is real life man please try i couldnt picture myself sayin this but do the regimen dude.

and most importantly be consistent and dont give up

If you're persistent and have the determination to clear up your acne, you will. I've been on this regimen for 6-7 months and I started with pretty moderate acne. You'll see results but nothing is instant. In this day and age people are so use to getting things they want and getting them fast. That's not how it works for acne unfortunately. Dan's regimen will clear you up but it's going to take time. However, I can say that you'll appreciate the time and effort you put into it. Hope all goes well and best of luck buddy.

hel yea theres still hope man i was just like u my face was just like that

and then i tried dans regimen but i got the alternative products like neutrogena on the spot purpose cleanser and some good moisturizer.This didnt really clear me up but it took care of some spots for 2 weeks, and at the beggining some parts of my face would flake and dry but your face will get used to it

im tellin u right now dont freak out if it dries u up.just use moisturizer and jojoba oil.it works

so after those 2 weeks i tried acne. org products and my face started clearin up overall, and theres a day where i would breakout but just lil breakouts. but after 2-3 days my breakouts would clear up.

and now its my second week on the acne org products but in reality its a month using dans regimen and my face is clearin up overall

im tellin u man my face was just like yours and i tried so many dam things i swear i thought there was nothin else.so i gave this a try and this is workin for me. this is real life man please try i couldnt picture myself sayin this but do the regimen dude.

and most importantly be consistent and dont give up

Thanks so much! That really does put a lot of hope out there for me. I'm just so sick of this right now, like I said, my face hasn't been this bad in a very long time. I've always had persistent acne that bugged me, which is why I turned to Carley's...bad mistake as you see.

If you're persistent and have the determination to clear up your acne, you will. I've been on this regimen for 6-7 months and I started with pretty moderate acne. You'll see results but nothing is instant. In this day and age people are so use to getting things they want and getting them fast. That's not how it works for acne unfortunately. Dan's regimen will clear you up but it's going to take time. However, I can say that you'll appreciate the time and effort you put into it. Hope all goes well and best of luck buddy.

So are you clear now after all that time? I definitely have persistence and determination. It shows because even though my face was breaking out like hell while on Carley's, I still stuck with it for many months since the guy told me my face was just purging. Well...reality hit after such a long time frame and more and more cystic acne that I had to quit it. It's frustrating because it has worked for so many other people...oh well!

Yeah I'm 100% clear now with a pimple every now and then that usually goes away within the day it formed. The regimen is worth it, trust me.

^^ I second what the above posters have said. The regimen absolutely does work but you can't devaite from Dan's instructions in any way-he's done it every other way and the way it's written out is the best way to do the regimen.

If you want even more hope and encouragement :) have you checked out the regimen testimonials page where other members talk about how it worked for him? This method is proven to work for thousands and thousands of people and I know it will work for you too.

The only people it doesn't work for are those who make changes to it and don't follow through consistently. There are a small majority of people who follow the regimen and it takes longer for them to see results, but they always do see results and they are able to maintain those results as long as they stay on the regimen.

I've seen this one guy with acne so severe that he could walk into any derm's office and the derm would plead with him to go on Accutane. (You, fortuntely, are not one of those people...in a good way, believe me!) since your skin truly isn't 1/10th as bad as his. This guy couldn't go on Accutane for certain reasons and he had no other options, so he went on the Regimen. His face cleared up and is still clear today thanks to the regimen.

I'm very encouraged by the fact that your acne has not progressed to the point where you will likely have any scarring once the acne is gone.

I know for a fact that the regimen will work for you. We're all here to support you and will do anything we can to help you get and keep clear skin. I know that it won't be long before you, too, are able to post your own success story and will be here to encourage others :D

Please keep us updated and post ANY and all questions you may have!!!

^^ I second what the above posters have said. The regimen absolutely does work but you can't devaite from Dan's instructions in any way-he's done it every other way and the way it's written out is the best way to do the regimen.

If you want even more hope and encouragement :) have you checked out the regimen testimonials page where other members talk about how it worked for him? This method is proven to work for thousands and thousands of people and I know it will work for you too.

The only people it doesn't work for are those who make changes to it and don't follow through consistently. There are a small majority of people who follow the regimen and it takes longer for them to see results, but they always do see results and they are able to maintain those results as long as they stay on the regimen.

I've seen this one guy with acne so severe that he could walk into any derm's office and the derm would plead with him to go on Accutane. (You, fortuntely, are not one of those people...in a good way, believe me!) since your skin truly isn't 1/10th as bad as his. This guy couldn't go on Accutane for certain reasons and he had no other options, so he went on the Regimen. His face cleared up and is still clear today thanks to the regimen.

I'm very encouraged by the fact that your acne has not progressed to the point where you will likely have any scarring once the acne is gone.

I know for a fact that the regimen will work for you. We're all here to support you and will do anything we can to help you get and keep clear skin. I know that it won't be long before you, too, are able to post your own success story and will be here to encourage others :D

Please keep us updated and post ANY and all questions you may have!!!

Wow, those are some of the most encouraging words I've ever heard!

Thank you SO much for giving me this boost...and it came at the perfect time. I just got my kit in the mail today and the BP is drying on my face so I decided to check me e-mail and got a message saying somebody replied to my topic. :)

I am not going to alter his regimen, and I'm just hoping I don't have too bad of a reaction with the BP (and yes I'm starting small), or the moisturizer (since I have very oily skin and most seem to break me out and make me look greasy). I've yet to use it though to see how well it soaks into my skin. About to go do that now.

Anyway, I definitely plan on posting update pictures here exactly one week from today to show my progress, if any, and what I'm experiencing.

On a slight downside, my BP arrived leaking all over the place and made a huge mess in the box so I will have to contact customer service. I still had some to work with for my regimen though for a few days...hmm.

Oh, also I'm THRILLED to hear that you don't think I will have scars! I know my red marks will last a long time because they always do, even when I'm no on BP, but it's better than having pits for sure. I'm also looking into various methods to get rid of the red marks, but won't execute that until I'm clear from the regimen (which is almost impossible to fathom at this point).

Thanks again guys, you all ROCK!

Good luck man, your acne is similar to mine. I'm currently on Day 10 and this are starting to improve (slowly but surely, patience is key)!

Today is my 1st full week now on the regimen.

I'm seeing definite improvement and it halted my new pimples from forming completely until about 2 days ago I started getting a few more active ones here and there. It's really hard to tell how much better I'm doing from my pictures though because of all the darn red marks. I plan on doing a serious acid peel whenever I get a week of down time (maybe around Christmas).

Right Side:

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/15/1022104lt6.jpg

Left Side:

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/8003/1022108ou2.jpg

My left side is definitely much worse than my right (which is almost completely clear of new forming ones), and it MUST have something to do with me sleeping on my left side. I don't know how though, because I always lay a freshly cleaned t-shirt on my pillow everyday, which is like having a fresh clean pillow case. I'm a very fussy sleeper and I can't fall asleep on my other side, and when I finally do I wake up in the morning on my left side again. Any suggestions?

dude your acne is not severe...

I would classify it was moderate severe. I get a lot of inflammatory (whiteheads) and papules/cysts once in a while.

Hey, I just wanted to say goodluck! I think I'm gonna try the whole fresh t-shirt on the pillow everynight too, and I also have that same problem...like I'll fall asleep on my back(or I try!) and then I'll wake up and be on my stomach or my side with my face on the pillow and it makes me mad lol.

Well talk to you later!

Hey, I just wanted to say goodluck! I think I'm gonna try the whole fresh t-shirt on the pillow everynight too, and I also have that same problem...like I'll fall asleep on my back(or I try!) and then I'll wake up and be on my stomach or my side with my face on the pillow and it makes me mad lol.

Well talk to you later!

Make sure you use an OLD t-shirt that you don't care about, because the BP will bleach it. I just use plain white t's...."Hey there Delilah"...haha, j/k I feel very unfocused today.

I don't understand why I'm still breaking out despite using fresh covering like that every night...must be my acne is just caused mostly by irritation or something?

I've been told many many times that since your face isnt used to the BP you will still experience breakouts, Ive been on it for 3 weeks now and I'm going through a breakout at the moment =[. How much BP are you applying a day? I'm only using half a pump 2 times a day because my face is really sensitive.

Are you using any jojoba oil mixed with your moisturizer at all?

I've been told many many times that since your face isnt used to the BP you will still experience breakouts, Ive been on it for 3 weeks now and I'm going through a breakout at the moment =[. How much BP are you applying a day? I'm only using half a pump 2 times a day because my face is really sensitive.

I'm applying 1 full pump and using the regimen 2 times a day. At first my face was really red from it, but that only lasted a few days, luckily. Now I have no problem.

Yo, tth!! Once you get like a month into the regimen, you will be using more BP and that will be gone in no time.

Well, I already am using a full pump. I can't imagine using 2, because I only apply it on my cheeks and chin and not my nose, sides of my nose area, or my forehead since they don't need it.

I'm applying 1 full pump and using the regimen 2 times a day. At first my face was really red from it, but that only lasted a few days, luckily. Now I have no problem.

Yo, tth!! Once you get like a month into the regimen, you will be using more BP and that will be gone in no time.

Well, I already am using a full pump. I can't imagine using 2, because I only apply it on my cheeks and chin and not my nose, sides of my nose area, or my forehead since they don't need it.

Any updates?

I'm still getting new zits...I got more than 6 just yesterday, major bummer.

I'm going to do a TCA acid peel today to get rid of my many red marks (hopefully), because I'm starting Christmas break today and I won't have any other opportunities for downtime.

Will post some pictures after that period.

BP really isint worth it.. in my opinion.

I know.

I've noticed if I skip a treatment in the morning (only done maybe 3 times max), my face looks great! The BP really makes red marks stand out and look terrible...at least it for sure does on MY face! I really don't want to keep using 2 pumps of chemical nastiness on my face 2 times a day everyday either.

I can't wait to get rid of the red marks! I did about a 45% TCA peel or so, and will see results in about 6-7 days. I really hope it gets rid of most of them, although I feel that there will still be quite a few faint ones remaining- the ones that are old and deep.

I'm really thinking about going back to Carley's Clear and Smooth. It was all natural and did wonders for my skin at first...but it scares me because I can't figure out why I suddenly broke out so bad and I want to blame it on Carley's...just not sure; I'm almost positive diet definitely has a toll on my acne, and I can't remember what that breakout week was like as far as my diet goes. A LOT of people love Carley's and swear by it, plus it has a really high review rating here on the site, AND my sister is having great success with it - and I would like to think that my sister and I have close to the same skin type since we are siblings although she's about 10 years older than me and I'm still fairly young (18).

One thing I DO know for sure: Acne is extremely F*CKING frustrating!!! Grr.

Merry Christmas everybody!

I would personally get off all that chemical junk like BP and all the other stuff you use.. just wash your face one time a day, or 2 whatever, rinse your face with water in the morning and do your routinge in the shower using that carley's stuff or a good facial scrub (get at the store) and use some moisturizer when you goto bed, get a good moisturizer one that is noncomdomegenic (doesnt clog pores).. like me i use Aveeno's daily moisturizer (great stuff! healed my overly dry skin).

I personally think all the chemicals like BP makes peoples acne even worse, makes you break out because your skin is sensitive and maybe dry.. i personally used BP and my face couldnt stand it, it would turn deep red and dried out my skin like nothing i ever used before. good luck man, im 100% sure you will see a difference after you kick BP.

Are you still on Dan's regimen or did you go back? I noticed that this was updated a while ago, so I'm not sure...I want to start on Dan's regimen, but I am not using his products. I'm only 17, so obviously I can't buy it on the internet. My parents don't plan on helping me, so I'm trying to kick my acne by myself using products that he recommended in the store. I like your blog, so I was wondering on how yours is going.

Are you still on Dan's regimen or did you go back? I noticed that this was updated a while ago, so I'm not sure...I want to start on Dan's regimen, but I am not using his products. I'm only 17, so obviously I can't buy it on the internet. My parents don't plan on helping me, so I'm trying to kick my acne by myself using products that he recommended in the store. I like your blog, so I was wondering on how yours is going.

Well, I did almost a full 50% TCA peel on the 19th of December, and was pretty much completely peeled by the 4th day. During that time I of course didn't use any products, or for a few days after. I waited until my skin was no longer pink and sensitive until Christmas day. Then I started using the acne.org products again, and guess what? BREAK OUT! I'm so freaking frustrated. I think that all of these chemicals are just aggravating my skin. I don't think I can keep doing this.

Okay, so before I started using Carley's, I had success using just high % rubbing alcohol everyday, I only got a few SMALL pimples a week, and looking back at pictures, my acne was very minor. Then I wanted to be completely clear of course, so I started using Carley's and broke out with cystic acne and such. Then, I'm now on Dan's regimen and still getting a lot of zits.

I think I need to stay on a very strict diet without wheat, dairy, and sweets AND keep washing my face to a minimum. One dermatologist recommends not washing the face at all in the morning since the natural oils produced in your sleep form a natural protection and soothing to the skin, and your natural form of sunscreen and everything.

So I don't know what to do with myself...