Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nate Dawg

Help Please!!

OK first of all my acne is, I think, horrible ( i believe its between moderate and severe, but it all looks the same to me) . I dont have any pictures sorry. Ive tried everything

from proactive to retin a or w/e its called and it just seems to not get any better at all. I was

googling acne one day and came across this site. I watched everything and read everything that

was on here and decided to try a "regimen" of my own. My mom didnt want me to buy anything from this site.

So i went to walmart and got neutrogena on the spot, basis gentle bar soap and an oil free

moisterizer. Ive been working on that for about 2 weeks now and nothing has improved. My skin

has become so sensitive I dont wanna do anything to it anymore. Ive almost given up hope. It

hurts to the touch, its dry as a bone and my skin just turns red and burns. If anyone has any

suggestions i would LOVE IT.

OK first of all my acne is, I think, horrible ( i believe its between moderate and severe, but it all looks the same to me) . I dont have any pictures sorry. Ive tried everything

from proactive to retin a or w/e its called and it just seems to not get any better at all. I was

googling acne one day and came across this site. I watched everything and read everything that

was on here and decided to try a "regimen" of my own. My mom didnt want me to buy anything from this site.

So i went to walmart and got neutrogena on the spot, basis gentle bar soap and an oil free

moisterizer. Ive been working on that for about 2 weeks now and nothing has improved. My skin

has become so sensitive I dont wanna do anything to it anymore. Ive almost given up hope. It

hurts to the touch, its dry as a bone and my skin just turns red and burns. If anyone has any

suggestions i would LOVE IT.

it sounds like your skin is VERY sensitive, or maybe u hav that skin condition, rosacea? http://www.medicinenet.com/rosacea/article.htm#1whatis

or

http://www.medicinenet.com/rosacea/page4.htm#4howis

But anyways, so u should go to a health food store and by cleansers and mosturizers there, they r good for sensitive skin and for helping your skin to repair it's self. They are a tiny tiny bit more expense than walmart stuff. $8 for a cleanser at a health food store compared to $6 at a regular one! But that's just because the ingrediants are pure.

Topic acne treatments are HORRIBLE for sensitive skin. I can totally sympathize with you... every time I've tried a topic treatment, my skin has gone crazy. I don't know if it's that I am allergic to topic treatments (like BP or salicylic acid) but every time I've used them, it's like my skin goes into this dormant stage....my acne doesn't change from day to day...and my skin just gets more red and painful and irritated. The only topical thing I'd suggest is - after splashing your face with water 10-15 times (don't use a washcloth, awful for sensitive skin), use some lemon juice on a cottonball as a toner, and then, after it dries, try a light oil-free moisturizer at night before you go to bed.

As far as what else might work.... two things:

First, (and this might sound crazy to you, but give it some thought - it really is amazing) -- go to CVS (or some other pharmacy, I went to CVS) and ask for an over-the-counter treatment for poison ivy -- it's just called, "Poison Ivy Pills" (they'll know what you're asking for). It's a homeopathic treatment that reduces infection, inflammation and general swelling and redness in poison ivy. It works WONDERS on acne - (even cystic acne)... you'll see results within a day or two... So, please please try that! (It costs somewhere around $10.)

Also...see if you can purchase some oil of oregano (the kind I found was on Ebay for $12 -- sold by a company called "Won With Nature")... they have a website too, but their ebay price was cheaper. Oregano oil is a natural, VERY strong, VERY effective antibiotic (and is very good for your immune system too, which is great for this time of year, especially!).... it will help kill the infection like no tomorrow.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you try it and what your results are!!!

no unfortunantly i dont have that rosacea its stupid acne -.- But i will try anything cept topical medicines cuz they just make my skin soo uncomfortable its almost unbearable. Oh my grandpa also gave my L-lysine cuz he said it help with his niess' skin but it hasnt done anything for mine. If anyone has heard of that working, should i keep taking it? And i have a really really really bad feeling im gunna have realy really bad scarring....... is there anything that i can use to help not get super bad scarring..

thanks so much for the suggestions i'll try anything. And if i go get some cleansers and moisterizers what should i get for super sensitive skin?

alrite i got some pics they are pretty bad to -.- ugh sorry for the horrible skin... its just gotten soo bad over the past year its almost pitiful to look at

my.php?image=leftsidecs6.jpg

my.php?image=rightsidegk7.jpg

sorry the pics dont work i kinda forgot how to work these sites so u may just have to copy/paste the link into ur browser.. sorry bout that