Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Packerfan785

Whey Protein

Is it harsh on your body? I understand it is not ideal to have it on an acne diet but it personally makes no difference if I stray off that path a little bit. I am fine as long as my insides will be able to process it effectively.

Is it harsh on your body? I understand it is not ideal to have it on an acne diet but it personally makes no difference if I stray off that path a little bit. I am fine as long as my insides will be able to process it effectively.

I take whey protein twice a day . EVERY day. I never miss a day

and i was SO CLEAR till my face got to dry now breaking out a bit , but is not whey protein fault :D

just saying hehe..

I've been taking whey protein, whenever i feel like i didnt get enough protein on that day, for some months now, and i can quite confidently say it has no impact on my skin, if not for the better, since protein is what's used by the body to regenerate tissues, cells, etc. It's basically our body's main material for construction.

So making sure you get the protein you need (but not more) is not harsh on the body at all.

My parents were freaked out when they learned I had been using Whey powder. They thought it was like steroids. They made me go see my physician. Basically, taking 2-3 servings of your whey a day will not hurt you. To make it easier on your body, drink a lot of water (shouldn't be hard for most of the people here who already drink something around a gallon a day).

As for the acne, I will agree with animus... if anything it improves my skin. Just mix it in water, and make sure you get a reputable brand. Look at the contents and make sure there is nothing in there that directly affects acne.

Good luck.

Whey concentrates (the cheap stuff) definitely impact my skin negatively. Whey isolates do not, though. An isolate is much higher quality and will have all the lactose and casein filtered out. WHey concentrates will not (this is why they contain lactase a lot of the time). Whey concentratesare cheaper because they use cheaper refining processes. Of course, you get more denatured (unusable) protein with a concentrate and more of the "junk" (lactose and casein), but it is cheaper. The only way to know is to try it yourself.

The only place I would ever order from is trueprotein.com. Everything is custom made so you choose your own sweeteners, flavors, additives or whatever. PLus, it is much cheaper than any name brands because you aren't paying for expensive packaging or paying the endorsement of some bodybuilder. If you get a sweetener, only get stevia. Most of the name brands will use aspartame or some other artificial sweetener and no one should be putting that stuff into h=their bodies.

My parents were freaked out when they learned I had been using Whey powder. They thought it was like steroids. They made me go see my physician. Basically, taking 2-3 servings of your whey a day will not hurt you. To make it easier on your body, drink a lot of water (shouldn't be hard for most of the people here who already drink something around a gallon a day).

As for the acne, I will agree with animus... if anything it improves my skin. Just mix it in water, and make sure you get a reputable brand. Look at the contents and make sure there is nothing in there that directly affects acne.

Good luck.

haha. so did my parents back in high school. they were like, "you dont know the long term effects of it". i was like are you serious its in meat and fish. "what you want me to stop eating tuna too?, a can of that has more protein than a scoop of the stuff i use".

Good luck.

haha. so did my parents back in high school. they were like, "you dont know the long term effects of it". i was like are you serious its in meat and fish. "what you want me to stop eating tuna too?, a can of that has more protein than a scoop of the stuff i use".

Yeah, I do not blame them. But had they just done some research, it would have saved me a trip to the doctors office.

Whey protein From Jay robb is the healthiest ::D:D:D

only 4-5 ingredient

I always buy vanilla

I should try chocolate , cause i think vanilla gives me gas... , not to sure.

I am Snow- I dont know how you drink it with water. I tried it once a couple yrs ago when i was out of milk and I wanted to throw up. I never understood what people on here's deal with milk is. i used to drink a gallon of milk every two days, i did it for like two months, and nothing happened at all to my face more than normal

bdonpowerlifter - i don't know how you drink it with milk! with water tastes pretty nice, but with milk i find it disgusting.

Whey Protein + Heavy cream works for me... Milk, not so much.

But yeah Isolates are fine. As mentioned above stay FAR away from the Concentrates, Dirty Protein is shit.

I usually dont try to take TOO much per day though... 2 servings of whey & I have quite a bit of Hemp Seeds w/ meals which is essentially the most complete protein, do a google search to learn more.

i think ive figured it out. but not quite sure. i used to break out bad with whey protein. so i tried using other types like egg, soy, whatever. anyways i think it has to do with undigested protein. so i wasnt digesting the whey protein right because its so processed and my body reads it as an enemy when its digested through my system which causes inflammation then acne. so ive been taking this supplement called BROMELAIN that supposedly helps digest proteins because its an enzyme that is very powerfull. well ive been seeing some good results from it and more frequent bowel movements. it acts as a blood cleanser also when taken in higher doses. does anyone have any expirience or info with this? :ninja:

tried accutane, all the diets, vitamins, and cleanses. this is working for me so far

acv 2 tablespoons morning and night

10,000 gdu of bromelain

multivitain

fish oil

bdonpowerlifter - i don't know how you drink it with milk! with water tastes pretty nice, but with milk i find it disgusting.

Really? I dont know we just have different tastes i guess. i've never heard of anyone, that i know at least, taking it with water unless they absolutely had to for some reason. i love it in milk but i drink it really slowly, over like 20 minutes, or else i have gas, plus its better for digestion. people on here seem to be so afraid of milk though, i never understood why. i drink tons of the stuff and i break out the same amount as when i dont drink it at all, like when i first got acne i didnt drink it at all and its better know then when i wasnt drinking it. idk.

i think ive figured it out. but not quite sure. i used to break out bad with whey protein. so i tried using other types like egg, soy, whatever. anyways i think it has to do with undigested protein. so i wasnt digesting the whey protein right because its so processed and my body reads it as an enemy when its digested through my system which causes inflammation then acne. so ive been taking this supplement called BROMELAIN that supposedly helps digest proteins because its an enzyme that is very powerfull. well ive been seeing some good results from it and more frequent bowel movements. it acts as a blood cleanser also when taken in higher doses. does anyone have any expirience or info with this? :ninja:

tried accutane, all the diets, vitamins, and cleanses. this is working for me so far

10,000 gdu of bromelain

multivitain

fish oil

did you use to drink the protein really fast, like chug it down, cause that way it can be really hard on your digestive system, which might explain your problems with it. also if you take too much at one time its hard to digest as well. or a crappy brand.

Really? I dont know we just have different tastes i guess. i've never heard of anyone, that i know at least, taking it with water unless they absolutely had to for some reason. i love it in milk but i drink it really slowly, over like 20 minutes, or else i have gas, plus its better for digestion. people on here seem to be so afraid of milk though, i never understood why. i drink tons of the stuff and i break out the same amount as when i dont drink it at all, like when i first got acne i didnt drink it at all and its better know then when i wasnt drinking it. idk.

10,000 gdu of bromelain

multivitain

fish oil

did you use to drink the protein really fast, like chug it down, cause that way it can be really hard on your digestive system, which might explain your problems with it. also if you take too much at one time its hard to digest as well. or a crappy brand.

yea i tried drinking it slow also becuase i know thats what your supposed to do anyways, and it didnt have much of an effect, also protein bars would make me break out even worse!

10,000 gdu of bromelain

multivitain

fish oil

yea i tried drinking it slow also becuase i know thats what your supposed to do anyways, and it didnt have much of an effect, also protein bars would make me break out even worse!

I ate protein Bar from jay robb and got break out. :(

:):)

but their whey protein doesn't break me out.

Whey protein is just such a highly processed food. By the time a food is pasteurized, homogenized, cooked, coagulated, repasteurized, powdered, there's not much value left. I don't think there's anything wrong with a serving of whey protein or other protein powders or other powdered caloric food every day, but I see some people who seriously drink 4-5 shakes a day.

I drink whey protein powder not necessarily because I think it's good for me but it helps me with cravings. :redface: I usually drink it with whole milk and before I went low-carb, low-sugar I took it with bananas, peanut butter, and blueberries and added cocoa powder if it wasn't chocolate protein powder. I agree with rakbs though and would only take a serving a day since it is still a processed food. Try looking for powders that don't have high fructose corn syrup, artificial sweeteners, etc. You'd be surprised how many of them do! I went to a "health food" store once and searched through rows upon rows of protein powder and finally asked the employee if they had any protein powder w/o corn syrup. She was like, "Why what's bad about corn syrup?" :eh: "Hmm I don't know I says... it must be good for us!" (Just making fun of the corn syrup commercials)

Can anyone recommend me a nice brand and/or type?

We only use Bioplex Pure WPI Whey Protein Isolate no sweeteners or flavors added.

Of course, we needed pure product with no gunk added, and that eliminates most of the products on our local store shelves. I guess they sell lots of flavored versions because people (boggles my mind) drink it right down. When I was researching it a few years back I couldn't figure out how people were getting it down, then I landed in a weightlifters forum where a guy was saying "just put it in water and choke it down like a man". So, since I can't figure out how choking down things is manly, we buy the pure stuff and just put it in the pancake mix so we can't even taste it at all. :D

It's expensive, but wheyabolic extreme 60 from GNC has been very forgiving on my face, and it is SO delicious (even w/ water).

whey means milk derived.

milk is hell for my face. I'll note that I am also asian, a large % of asians are lactose intolerant. I stay away from that and chocolate... everyone's different