Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
piniu

cetaphil cream or lotion?

Hi, I am wondering if anybody use cetaphil moisturizing lotion or cream here?

My skin is really dry in the winter, but breaks out often.

I am planning to buy the cream version.

Any suggestions?

i like cetaphil cream and have been using it consistently for almost two months. my only problem is that it doesn't absorb well. in the morning when i use it, i have to give my skin plenty of time between moisturizer and make-up application otherwise my make-up doesn't look right. the lotion isn't as emoilient as the cream, so if you have really dry skin, i would stick to the cream. i have really dry skin too, and the lotion just didn't cut it for me.

i've been experimenting the past few days with jojoba oil, and it seems to be a good addition. i've been using it as an undereye moisturizer and a few drops with a little cetaphil lotion in the morning, and it seems to absorb better. just someting worth noting....

I bought both because the lotion was just sticky and didn't absorb. I love the cream though, I've been using it for a few months and I don't think it breaks me out. The cream absorbs quick and takes care of the flakes, although on days where my skin isn't extremely dry it does get a little oily. The lotion is a good hand lotion, but there are cheaper alternatives for your hands ;)

I bought both because the lotion was just sticky and didn't absorb. I love the cream though, I've been using it for a few months and I don't think it breaks me out. The cream absorbs quick and takes care of the flakes, although on days where my skin isn't extremely dry it does get a little oily. The lotion is a good hand lotion, but there are cheaper alternatives for your hands ;)

thanks! I find that cetaphil has a product called DailyAdvanceTM Ultra Hydrating Lotion for the face. Is this good? It seems that its specially designed for face.

Hi, I am wondering if anybody use cetaphil moisturizing lotion or cream here?

My skin is really dry in the winter, but breaks out often.

I am planning to buy the cream version.

Any suggestions?

My skin was dry and I told my dermatologist I used Cetaphil moisturizing lotion. He said make sure it was the cream and not the lotion because the lotion could make the acne worse. I didn't know there was a difference between lotion and cream.

Then he suggested CeraVe moisturizer and then gave me a sample of CeraVe moisturizing lotion. Why would he say don't use cetaphil lotion then suggest CeraVe lotion?

I love the cream for the winter since my complex 15 just doesnt cut it in the -10 to 10 degree temps here. The lotion I use for my body cause I think it absorbs well, although if it were extra dry I'd use the cream. I didnt like how the lotion felt filmy on my face though. If you get the cream, try to get the one that has lactic acid as the end ingredient, thats how I know its not the one where the formula was changed, the walmart off-brand has it and works just as well (and cheaper)