Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I just can't stand my life!! I'm 18, and i've had acne for 4 years. I literally feel like a cripple. I am extremely ashamed of going out anywhere, or even looking my own family in the eyes and usually try to avoid any social gatherings. sad.gif I'll admit that my acne isn't that bad, but it still bothers me extremely, especially since i have a boyfriend who has crystal clear skin. Next to him, i feel like a hedious monster. I always have to hide under makeup because i don't want people looking at him and me and asking themselves, what the hell is such a good looking guy doing with a pimple faced girl. There isn't a day that goes by whithout me wondering when is it that i'm finally going to die, and end my suffering.

Wow now i'm just being pathetic, pitying over myself.

Oh well, if i don't do it, who else will do it for me right?

Your saying life is unfair just because you have acne? Some, people have it worse, much worse. Life is not unfair, it's a gift, a gift that is what ever you make of it. Sitting around mopeing about how life is unfair is not gona make it any fairer. You have to get up and do something about it. Ance is one thing that no one should have to live with. And there are many thing you can do about it. I'm sure you already know that everybody is differnt, and everybody with acne has a diffrent way of getting rid of it. First and fore most one of the first thing you must do is learn to fell good about yourself instead of seeing what you don't wan't in the mirror see what you do. Your beautiful face with clear glowing skin. If you think you cannot get something then you will not get it. The first thing you must do is have desire and belife in yourself belive that one day you will achive your dream and that it is possiable. Seconly, you have to think are you taking as good a care of your body as you should. Are you eating well, exersising enough (0r at all), are you doing any thing that can cause harm to your body. You hav to start from the inside out. Then you have to look at are you taking care of your skin properley? Are you using to many products on it or products you don't agree with. It up to you to improve you life I can only give you advice. If no one is holding you back then it's only you that is making life so unfair, and it is only you that can make you life be as you want it to. You give some you get some."If you want something you have never had. You need to do something youve never done." So get to work. And ask me if you have any questions. Love.

I just can't stand my life!! I'm 18, and i've had acne for 4 years. I literally feel like a cripple. I am extremely ashamed of going out anywhere, or even looking my own family in the eyes and usually try to avoid any social gatherings.  sad.gif  I'll admit that my acne isn't that bad, but it still bothers me extremely, especially since i have a boyfriend who has crystal clear skin. Next to him, i feel like a hedious monster.  I always have to hide under makeup because i don't want people looking at him and me and asking themselves, what the hell is such a good looking guy doing with a pimple faced girl. There isn't a day that goes by whithout me wondering when is it that i'm finally going to die, and end my suffering.

Wow now i'm just being pathetic, pitying over myself.

Oh well, if i don't do it, who else will do it for me right?

Dont forget to laugh!!!!!^

biggrin.gif

Yes life is not fair. As my mum used to say....its not fair, its rabbit's wool.....

(yes, i never got it either)

You have a boyfriend???!!!!  Oh life is so unfair, boo hoo hoo!  (Yea I'm a hater, and what!?)

See, I'm 18 on April the 9th (woo hoo my bday is on the anniversary of Jesus's death) and I share your situation, to an extent; im a male and i dont have a gf. I have the same feeling toward myself, except along with selfpity I almost have an brooding anger inside of me. I get angry that I have acne and have to worry about it all the time. You know, everyone says "In life, everyone deals with adversity, no one is exempt." Yeah well, that may be true, but for people who have disorders/diseases that affect how they feel about themselves in public, and in society at large, it's a different story (at least I think). Others dealing with adversity, be it greater or less than having acne, can always go out with their game face on, hiding their problem from the world. For people with acne, their problem is their game face.

People with acne are completely reliant on self-confidence, but it's hard in a way that people who don't have it will never understand. The way light feels on your face...the way people make you feel uncomfortable when they look at you...always being cognisant of the goddam painful bumps on your face. It's hard to maintain your composure when in public when you have all these fucking things running through your mind.

However, my anger is exacerbated by the fact that I know everyone who's posted above me (with a few exceptions...I love the infamous Karl) is right when they say that acne doesn't really hold you back as much as you make yourself believe. Yes, undoubtedly there are certain things it holds you back from doing in life, which is unfair in itself, but overall it doesn't stop you. You can still be happy every day if you let yourself. (which is a good idea no matter which way you look at it, stress relief helps clear acne)

So, with everything being said above, it is an absolute must that you exude self-confidence, as hard as it may be. I found through observing social situations that people tend to gravitate towards individuals who are at an obvious disadvantage but refuse to let themselves be marked any lower than people with "flawless skin" or "a perfect body" -chicks especially.(chicks like guys who are confident, period.) And you always have to believe that life will get better because CHANGE is inevitable, high school is but a small stepping stone in life and probably one of the worst places to have something like acne. So please, don't get too down on yourself.

u know your life sucks, when you go outside you get hit by a car, you then get up than you get hit by a guy riding a bicycle, than a pigeon takes a dump on your face, while your knocked uncounsious <--spelling error

I'm sorry for my bad English because I'm from Sweden so..

I'm a girl, 18 yrs old.

I hate when I look myself in the mirror.

The acne problems really started this winter

( we got really cold winters here,

and it always get better in the summerime )

But this winter it was nothing like before.

I got all these red marks now,

but i don't have so many new ones

though.

Can anyone tell me how long it will take for those red marks to fade and dissapear?

Any good tips?

Because, i feel, when people look at me I try to avoid their eyes,

I don't want to have acne,

and I just imagine what they're thinking about me.

And things don't get better when everyone else here in Sweden looks like Barbie and Ken....

aaaaah....hope the regimen will help me anyway..

But I can not find the same products here though..

my cousin went to sweden for a yr....she came back i got her year book and holy shit...your right about the Barbie and Ken thing...^^ i aint ever going there, but ia m sure your prettier than 80% of americans, if your comparing yourself to Barbie and Ken biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

My friend joey has to ride around in a wheel chair, his neck is abnormally large so his head needs to be propped up, he can't swallow his own spit while sleeping so he needs to be on a machine to keep him from choking to death, when he get a common cold it last for weeks to months at a time, he can barely read without someone there to aid him, and he can't use the bathroom on his own... yeah your life is so unfair.

My friend joey has to ride around in a wheel chair, his neck is abnormally large so his head needs to be propped up, he can't swallow his own spit while sleeping so he needs to be on a machine to keep him from choking to death, when he get a common cold it last for weeks to months at a time, he can barely read without someone there to aid him, and he can't use the bathroom on his own... yeah your life is so unfair.

wow, are u shallow .....u hate ur life because u have some pimples ~u might say SOME! im a monster..well u havent seen me im 15 and have a Severe case of acne~..why do u want to get rid of acne?? to be popular?? so other's will accept u?? why?? to have a clearer skin?? or because u want to be like someone else??....love ur self, in the end it wont matter if ur pretty or good looking, what u are in the inside its gonna be what it counts...Pursue knowledge for its the only thing that last's a lifetime

~said that bow out~

wow, are u shallow?? .....u hate ur life because u have some pimples ~u might say SOME! im a monster..well u havent seen me im 15 and have a Severe case of acne~..why do u want to get rid of acne?? to be popular?? so other's will accept u?? why?? to have a clearer skin?? or because u want to be like someone else??....love ur self, in the end it wont matter if ur pretty or good looking, what u are in the inside its gonna be what it counts...Pursue knowledge for its the only thing that last's a lifetime

wow, are u shallow?? .....u hate ur life because u have some pimples ~u might say SOME! im a monster..well u havent seen me im 15 and have a Severe case of acne~..why do u want to get rid of acne?? to be popular?? so other's will accept u?? why?? to have a clearer skin?? or because u want to be like someone else??....love ur self, in the end it wont matter if ur pretty or good looking, what u are in the inside its gonna be what it counts...Pursue knowledge for its the only thing that last's a lifetime

That is a very clichéd post. Of course it is true that knowledge is an important thing and that it's what inside that counts, but it is in human nature to strive to be better than we already are. Since facial features are what people see first, it seems the natural instinct to want to improve these. Yes, it's what inside that counts, but as much as I'd like to say it doesn't, first impressions count for a lot, and everyone wants to have clear skin.

very good replies biggrin.gif but i was hoping something like "if u dont care for ur apearance (sp?) then what are u doing in an acne related forum??" but good replies