Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Amanda428

Face Reality Skincare

hey!! Glad you're still here and I know the breakouts suck but you will make it through and they WILL go away so hang in there! I'm feeling much better from the time I wrote my last post so if I can do it, you can do it too! I see that you also have the acne-med w/ sulphur and fishsmart capsules on your routine list, how well do those work? Kim recommended them to me but I want to know what you think of them. And hang in there! =]

Wow, I think we have a trend here! I recently found some clips on youtube called TheAcnePractice, and they are clips by a clinic similar to FR except they are located in New York. I visited the website, which is www.theacnepractice.com and I have to admit it sounds pretty promising except it costs A LOT more than FR, one 6 week intensive program costs $900+! Now I don't want to judge their program but I gotta say I'm so glad I found FR first, well just thought this was pretty interesting ;)

Wow, I think we have a trend here! I recently found some clips on youtube called TheAcnePractice, and they are clips by a clinic similar to FR except they are located in New York. I visited the website, which is {moderator removed link - see board rules} and I have to admit it sounds pretty promising except it costs A LOT more than FR, one 6 week intensive program costs $900+! Now I don't want to judge their program but I gotta say I'm so glad I found FR first, well just thought this was pretty interesting ;)

Ugh, we have had countless problems with the owner of that place spamming our message board. He has been banned from the boards, but keeps trying to post here by opening up new accounts or hijaking old accounts and then pretending to be clients of his. He also refused to tell us for the longest time what was in his miracle products (those very expensive products!) - but we found out eventually. The active ingredients are just BPO and sulfur - nothing special as far as acne meds go.

Trust me, that place is NOTHING like Face Reality!!! :)

Just checking in! Still clear here. :) And still afraid to talk about it too much for fear that I'll jinx myself.

Hope everyone else trying this line is having great results. :):)

Glad things are still going well for you! I'm going over to Face Reality for my monthly facial tonight - I'm totally addicted to their products and facials now. :)

Cool facials are fun!

Ive been using the cranberry cream for I believe a month and I still love it! I have my second bottle now

oh wow, thanks Willow, had no idea! that's very messed up of them to charge $900 just for BPO and sulfur, like I said in my last post, GLAD I found FR first! How's your skin doing btw?

Yeah, I couldn't believe how much the Acne Practice charged either! And they don't even tailor the regimen to your skin like FR does.

My skin is doing good right now. Had a couple of months where I was getting more noninflamed stuff around my mouth and jawline, but Laura's skilled extractions and the addition of mandelic acid to my regimen have really improved things a lot.

Just checking in! Still clear here. :) And still afraid to talk about it too much for fear that I'll jinx myself.

Hope everyone else trying this line is having great results. :):)

Glad things are still going well for you! I'm going over to Face Reality for my monthly facial tonight - I'm totally addicted to their products and facials now. :)

Cool facials are fun!

Ive been using the cranberry cream for I believe a month and I still love it! I have my second bottle now

Glad you like the Cranberry Cream!

Hey kids! Sorry I haven't been around lately. Just been super busy with LIFE! :(

I'm kinda discouraged right now. I have the biggest inflammation since I started the regimen 7 months ago. It's front and center on my chin and it's a cyst, I think. Deep and painful...? Is that a cyst?

I've grown so accustomed to having a clear face, this thing is really affecting me. :( I have a birthday dinner to go tonight and I don't even want to leave the house. I just emailed my pic to Kim in hopes that she'd have some magical suggestions. LOL!

As far as the fish oil goes, Orange. I think they're helping. Kim thinks they're helping too cuz she thinks I have hormonal acne. Which FR can't prevent, only treat. So she's hoping the FO will help prevent it. Idk how much they charge at FR, but I've been getting mine from a place online (before FR started carrying it). Let me know if you want the link.

I'm thinking about starting a new regimen: Have been on tetracycline, finacea and metronidazole for more than 6 months with little improvement. I stopped going to my dermatologist because I moved and I wasn't getting any good results. Now I am between starting the face reality treatment (long distance) or buying the Dr. Fulton's clear complex kit. both looked like they are expensive but I am desperate! I have spent a lot of money in stuff that does not work.

So I just wanted suggestions which one should I try? thank you so much

I pretty much have a lot red spots but recently I have been getting a lot of "pustules" the really ugly and big ones. They are the big and yellow looking ones yuck! I have been getting them around my mouth I don't know why.

I want to start face reality but I'm moving in about two and a half weeks. How fast would they respond and ship the products?

thank you

I pretty much have a lot red spots but recently I have been getting a lot of "pustules" the really ugly and big ones. They are the big and yellow looking ones yuck! I have been getting them around my mouth I don't know why.

I want to start face reality but I'm moving in about two and a half weeks. How fast would they respond and ship the products?

thank you

I definitely would recommend the Face Reality regimen rather than trying to do a regimen on your own with Fulton's products (they actually use several of his products as well as some of their own). You'll be paying about the same amount for your products either way, but with FR you will also be getting an individualized skin care regimen - based on their analysis of your photos, the serum test kit (that tests for skin sensitivity) and the type of acne you have. Plus you will get their ongoing support and help if the regimen isn't working. You won't get all those extras if you just order Vivant products from a website.

You probably wouldn't get your products until after you moved, since they need to do a couple of steps before sending you your products (review photos, send you the serum test kit, get your results from the test back from you, come up with your regimen, and ship products). You can call and ask them, but my guess is that will take longer than a couple of weeks.

thank you willow569 I decided to try the face reality program. But I'm going to have to wait until we are at the new house. I'm going to stick with what I am using for now.

thank you willow569 I decided to try the face reality program. But I'm going to have to wait until we are at the new house. I'm going to stick with what I am using for now.

Great! Keep us posted on how things go when you get started. So are you moving far from where you are now?

Great! Keep us posted on how things go when you get started. So are you moving far from where you are now?

I was in Virginia now we are in Hawaii! so kind of far. It took me like a month to move and finally find a house. I did the face reality questionare yesterday. I'm going to send them the pictures today. I would post my results!

thank you

HI I wanted to post some updates:

I started with the face reality regimen (long distance) 2 weeks ago and so far is going great! I like how they start very slowly with the products. I still have some breakouts but I know they were forming before I started with my products. Even tough I have some breakouts my face is not as bad as it was a month ago! I'm hoping that everything is going to keep going good.

HI I wanted to post some updates:

I started with the face reality regimen (long distance) 2 weeks ago and so far is going great! I like how they start very slowly with the products. I still have some breakouts but I know they were forming before I started with my products. Even tough I have some breakouts my face is not as bad as it was a month ago! I'm hoping that everything is going to keep going good.

Glad you are on the FR long distance plan! Keep us posted on your progress!

I'm on the long distance plan too! I actually was able to visit the clinic last Saturday... ( I was driving from San Diego to Washington State ) but now will be a long distance client. I am suffering from I think mild non inflamed acne, but the real doozy is the folliculitis!!! This last flare up of folliculitis was horrid...covered my entire forehead and started to spread down my cheeks and I believe the chin area as well.

Anywho, it's only been a week of using the clinic's products (still working on dietary changes) and I can honestly say my skin looks 90% better!! I am so thrilled. The only downer is that I am experiencing some peeling, but I ordered the Oil free emulsion moisturizer and it should arrive soon. This is my routine..

A.M.

Wash with mandelic scrub

apply normalizing toner

apply mandelic serum 8% every other day

apply SPF for acne prone skin

P.M.

Wash with mandelic scrub

apply normalizing toner

apply 10% B.P for two hours then rinse off

Once I get the moisturizer I'll be applying it before the SPF in the morning and I think before the BP in the evening.

Dietary changes....avoid all processed sugars, yeast, dairy and focus on a low carb diet

Hello Amanda! Hello Willow! Hellooo everyone! It has officially been a year since I started my Long-Distance FR regimen! So naturally I thought of this thread and felt like I owe an update, sorry for slacking off with the posting but I definitely haven't dropped out yet!

To begin, my regimen has changed A LOT throughout the year but the BOTTOM LINE is my face is looking a lot better however I cannot say I'm 100% clear of acne. Although the regimen was helping out tremendously at first, recently my acne has been going through some kind of relapse due to several factors. If you are interested, please continue reading but I must warn you this is going to be a LENGTHY summary of what happened through the year so please feel free to just skim through. I will break up the paragraphs so that each one leads into some sort of change in my regimen.

I was first diagnosed with mostly non-inflamed acne, and started out with a typical new comer regimen (Salica Scrub, mandelic acid 8%, salicylic toner, spf, bp2.5%, cranberry cream) and this combination was very effective in combating my acne.

However, after about 4 months or so, there seems to have been a change in my skin. I can't pinpoint what was the changing factor but my main guesses are weather, stress (I'm a junior college student) and diet. My face became very dry at some point and the cranberry cream stung me a lot (got a $10 refund for that), thus I was recommended the hydrating emulsion and the prime ph toner. There were a few times when I was told to stop the regimen and just apply vaseline on my face for a few nights. My face recovered and I continued with a new regimen for about 6 more months (with little changes along the way).

By the 11th month, I once again started suffering from dry skin/itchy skin and so I wrote to Patti expressing my concern and disappointment asking why my acne still hasn't completely disappeared. Maybe my expectations were a bit high but it was almost my 12th month with FR and I was starting to panic that I will be forever stuck with some leftover pimples. Fortunately Patti acknowledged my concerns and agreed that my skin could be doing better. She told me because what I had left was still mainly non-inflamed acne, she wanted me try their Vitamin A Pro1 cream which is suppose to fight non-inflamed acne even better than mandelic serum HOWEVER, to my horror my face broke out like crazy (though still not as bad as when I first started FR), my face especially my forehead was plagued with tiny little bumps.

By my 12th month I emailed Patti again and she told me to hang in there and that she'll try and figure out what's wrong. After seeing my most recent pictures, her and Laura concluded that

a) Vitamin A Pro1 is not strong enough for me

b)I have folliculitis (which is the infection of hair follicles) because all those little bumps that I had were not there when I was using mandelic acid which happens to be very effective against folliculitis.

c) I had my regimen adjusted and stopped quite a few times so my skin got confused and irritated with all the changes.

SO NOW, as of my 13th week with FR, I am back to using mandelic acid 8%, using Vitamin A Pro2 and acnemed 5% instead of 2.5%.

OVERALL, I'm very glad that I discovered FR because it has helped me tremendously. I admit that though I remain positive I sometimes have my moments of doubt and despair. To make it harder, I am 2000+ miles away (in NY) from the FR clinic so I don't receive any of the hands on benefits (I'm very envious of those of you who live nearby the clinic!). Whenever my skin goes wrong I always panic a lot, but the fact that FR is always there to respond to my questions and concerns takes loads of stress off my shoulders. I really appreciate having someone professional monitor my skin. Without FR I think I would probably still be out there trying out different products and not really knowing what I'm doing. At first I was really upset that my face broke out after a year with FR but after some thinking and looking back at my old pictures, my skin has improved a lot and so I am willing to keep trying this. Plus, I spent a lot of time, not to mention money in this regimen so I'm not ready to give it all up yet! If however, my face still doesn't improve in the next couple of months then I might have to do some rethinking...

I'm a bit shy about this :redface: but here are some pictures of my skin throughout the year:

My face BEFORE FR treatment:

post-23667-1263538808_thumb.jpg post-23667-1263539390_thumb.jpg

My face after 6 months of treatment (June 09), this is when I felt my skin was at it's best:

post-23667-1263539896_thumb.jpg post-23667-1263539905_thumb.jpg

My face after a year (slowly staring to break out since I'm testing the VitaminAPro1 cream):

post-23667-1263539217_thumb.jpg post-23667-1263539228_thumb.jpg

Alrightt, it's getting late here and I don't know if anyone is even going to read this, but if it helps anyone out then I'm happy. Please let me know if you have any questions or honest comments! :)

post-23667-1263538808_thumb.jpg

post-23667-1263539217_thumb.jpg

post-23667-1263539228_thumb.jpg

post-23667-1263539390_thumb.jpg

post-23667-1263539896_thumb.jpg

post-23667-1263539905_thumb.jpg

Edited by orangesunlight