Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Amanda428

Face Reality Skincare

Just another check in real quick! I'm still doing well!!! There is one spot on my chin that is acting crazy...coming up, going away, coming up, going away, etc. Annoying. And my only real complaint regarding the treatment is DRYNESS!!! Wow. But I don't think the winter weather is really helping that all too much. :( So hopefully when it starts to warm up, I won't be so flaky and icky. Hard to wear make-up like that.

Ummm, that's about it! Sorry I don't have more to say this time around. :(

Glad its going well. You might ask if you can start using a moisturizer at this point - especially since skin tends to get so dry in the winter. They have a really good water based hydrating gel called Hydrating Emulsion that doesn't interfere with product absorption.

Hey Willow! Yeah, Kim has mentioned that stuff before...but then the topic just kinda died. I might bring it up to her again cuz I'm about ready to reorder my scrub anyway. My skin is so weird. It's like it's oily...and then as soon as I do anything to counter that (even something minor), it goes straight to flaky dryness. GRRR!!!

HI! I'm sooo excited to see another long distance FR client here! I just recently signed up and still haven't received my serum test kit yet due to some delivery problems, but it's such a comfort to know I'm not the only one that doesn't live in CA, I'm aaallllllll the way in New York on the other side of the country!! :wall:

and hi willow!

LOL! Yeah, I had my qualms about the whole long distance thing. But I'm really glad I decided to go through with it. The online support has been amazing!!! I always have answers within 24 hours - even on the weekends! I'm excited for you to get your stuff!! I will mention one thing. To me, the directions were kinda unclear. You have to test ALL the serums and report back. When you read the directions, it makes it sound like, "if A was too bad, go to B; if B was too bad, go to C," etc. But you have to try them all - just a heads up. :)

Let me know how it goes and what they recommend for you! If you talk to Kim, you might tell her you're in touch with me...that would be funny! :) Good luck!!!

I got my serum test kit today (finally!), and I tested them all and i didn't feel any tinglyness to any of them, is that normal? :think: Also, side note, I found it weird that they asked us to test serum A,B,C on our whole face leaving no space for serum E, but I managed to squeeze it in the middle of my forehead and down my nose lol. How were your reactions to these serums?

I got my serum test kit today (finally!), and I tested them all and i didn't feel any tinglyness to any of them, is that normal? :think: Also, side note, I found it weird that they asked us to test serum A,B,C on our whole face leaving no space for serum E, but I managed to squeeze it in the middle of my forehead and down my nose lol. How were your reactions to these serums?

I had no reaction whatsoever to the serums either. So, it's normal...at least that's what they told ME! :) Yeah, it can get a little crowded on your face when you're testing half a dozen things! I just ordered my second round of products, changing it up just a tad. Everything is still going well.

Let us know what they recommend for you!!!

Oh gooood, I thought I was the only weird one not feeling anything with the serums lol. I called Patrick with the results today, and it has been decided that I have mostly non-inflamed acne, and it will take at least 3 months to clear it up. And look what I got recommended!

Silica Scrub 8 oz

Salicylic Toner 8 oz

Mandelic 8% 1 oz

SPF for Acne Prone Skin 2 oz

Acne Med 5% 1 oz

Cranberry Cream 1 oz

Oh boy oh boy that's a lot of stuff! Also, I was on my way to signing the Long Distance Client Agreement Form, and noticed that one of the rules that I must comply with is to wear sunblock everyday regardless if I'm going out or not? Now why do I have to wear sunblock if I'm not going out?

Oh gooood, I thought I was the only weird one not feeling anything with the serums lol. I called Patrick with the results today, and it has been decided that I have mostly non-inflamed acne, and it will take at least 3 months to clear it up. And look what I got recommended!

Silica Scrub 8 oz

Salicylic Toner 8 oz

Mandelic 8% 1 oz

Acne Med 5% 1 oz

Cranberry Cream 1 oz

Oh boy oh boy that's a lot of stuff! Also, I was on my way to signing the Long Distance Client Agreement Form, and noticed that one of the rules that I must comply with is to wear sunblock everyday regardless if I'm going out or not? Now why do I have to wear sunblock if I'm not going out?

I had mostly noninflamed acne too - just a little bit of inflamed stuff on my chin.

You might want to just ask them their rationale for the sunscreen agreement. My guess would be that they really want to make sure that you are in the habit of using your suncreen every day. Many people will only use it when they are planning on being outdoors for awhile - but they don't use it when they are just out for a few minutes - going to their cars, driving to work etc. Those short bursts of sun exposure can still do damage, and even driving in your car the sun effects can be strong because of the sun coming through the window. So, its really a good idea to use sunscreen every day. Plus, the acne treatment products can increase sun sensitivity, so FR wants to make sure that you are protected from getting sunburned or accumulation photodamage.

But, just ask them - I am sure they have a really good reason for having you agree to that.

Silica Scrub 8 oz

Salicylic Toner 8 oz

Mandelic 8% 1 oz

Acne Med 5% 1 oz

Cranberry Cream 1 oz

This is pretty much what I started out on...except I had a hydrating toner cuz I'm always drying out. The SPF actually serves as a good moisturizer. Honestly, it's the only thing I'm allowed to use as far as moisturizers go...so it's not just a sun-blocker. And trust me...you'll need the moisturization at the beginning (and even sometimes after).

hmm ok i see, i shall learn to love this spf then, btw do u use a dixiecup or styrofoam cup to ice your inflamed breakouts? how does that work? i've been using a ziplock bag b/c the styrofoam cup is too thick for the coldness to reach my face

edit: hey you guys are right, Kim told me that it is essential that I use the spf everyday b/c it's my only form of moisturization

hmm ok i see, i shall learn to love this spf then, btw do u use a dixiecup or styrofoam cup to ice your inflamed breakouts? how does that work? i've been using a ziplock bag b/c the styrofoam cup is too thick for the coldness to reach my face

edit: hey you guys are right, Kim told me that it is essential that I use the spf everyday b/c it's my only form of moisturization

Hmm... I am a bit confused about your icing technique? Are you putting the styrofoam cup against your face? The idea for the cup is just to have something that is convenient and easy to hold - you are supposed to rub the ice directly on the inflamed lesions. When my skin has been particularly sensitive, I would sometimes use a baggie instead, but its harder to rub with the plastic in-between your skin and the ice. I would hold it on the lesions more like you would an ice-pack.

But, maybe clarifying with Kim about the icing protocol. I don't want to tell you do something different than what she is telling you!

Here's what I did...I went to Target and got in their checkout line. You know how they always have little things to buy, along with the candy? Well, they have icepacks there, usually shaped like something kids would like. So I bought me a disney princess ice pack and it works wonderfully. Let me know if you don't know what I'm talking about, and I'll gladly post a pic. :)

Oh WOW do I feel stupid or what LOL, I thought I was suppose to rub the styrofoam cup on my face because the direct contact w/ the ice is too cold for me. These days I've been actually using a bottle of frozen poland spring.

Ladies! I finally received my products today! I used the face wash tonight, wonderful, I love how well it lathers up! But the spf on the other hand is so...small no? I don't know how that will last me 3 months...or is it possible? Then I used the toner, very refreshing. Then I applied Dan Kern's BP cream. My face feels a little bit tight right now just because I'm so use to applying a moisturizer after Dan's BP, but since I'm not allow to do that anymore I guess I have to get use to it. Yep and that's it for tonight, I look forward to using the mandelic acid and spf tomorrow morning. How are you guys doing with your FR regimen btw?

P.S - Sorry for taking up your post space and intruding your log btw Amanda, I would start my own log but I fear I won't be able to commit to it :doh:

No worries, you're not intruding! I don't have a lot to say anymore anyway (haha!) so feel free!

Regarding the SPF...it only takes a little - not even a dime-size. You don't want your face dripping in it. And I'll give you the same advice about the toner - only use what you need...don't soak the whole cotton ball. Otherwise it won't last you a month. Honestly, I was very frugal with how much I used of everything, and it still only lasted 2-2.5 months at best. So it probably won't be a full 3 months.

If your face continues to feel tight even after you get to the point where you leave the BP on all night, ask for the hydrating emulsion - it does wonders!

Did they got recommend their own BP for you to use???

well they gave me acne med 5% but since I informed them that I've been using Dan Kern's 2.5% BP, Kim wanted me to continue using it for the first two weeks at night. Wait, so after 2.5 months, you had to reorder everything??

Wow, I just woke up and it seems my breakouts are in full blown, not good...but I'm suppose to break out first??

Not necessarily - I don't think most products give "initial breakouts" - at least they are hard to distinguish from what your skin was going to do on its own anyway. Most of the time, acne lesions take weeks to form (between the time they are invisible microcomedones to the time they are inflamed pimples) - so the acne you are seeing now started forming weeks ago. That is why they tell you it will take at least a couple of months to start seeing the clearing effects of the products you are starting to use now.

If you are getting signficantly worse breakouts than you normally get, then I would let them know (or even let them know anyway, if you are concerned enough. They don't mind questions at all!)

well they gave me acne med 5% but since I informed them that I've been using Dan Kern's 2.5% BP, Kim wanted me to continue using it for the first two weeks at night. Wait, so after 2.5 months, you had to reorder everything??

Uh, yeah. Nothing lasted more than 8-10 weeks. But I guess it's worth it in the long run. Eventually I won't need as many products and they'll last longer, I'm sure. But for now, this is how it is. They might change your regimen at the end of 2-3 months...which could be good or bad financially. But for me...it was the same. Oh well!

Not sure what to tell you about the IB - Willow sounds like she knows what she's talking about. :):):)

Just checking in! Still clear here. :) And still afraid to talk about it too much for fear that I'll jinx myself.

Hope everyone else trying this line is having great results. :):)

Just checking in! Still clear here. :) And still afraid to talk about it too much for fear that I'll jinx myself.

Hope everyone else trying this line is having great results. :):)

Glad things are still going well for you! I'm going over to Face Reality for my monthly facial tonight - I'm totally addicted to their products and facials now. :)

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I'm sooo jealous that you live so close to them!!! What I wouldn't give to have them actually touching my face! LOL! You've been using their products for quite some time, haven't you...? I hope I continue to have the same consistent results that you seem to have, Willow. :) Let us know how the facial goes!!! Sounds amazing....

me too willow! I'm envious! I would love to get a facial from FR but I'm all the way on the other coast *sigh*

Hi guys! sorry for the disappearance, been very busy with school work (btw I don't know if I mentioned it but I'm still a college sophomore!) BUT, despite the workload I have been following the FR regime and so far so good! I haven't had much problems except a little bit of itching, which I reported to Kim, and she told me not to worry about it and just use the cranberry cream for moisturizing. Overall, my face is clearing up but I'm not sure if it's the products or just me because that's just how my face is; it clears up then breaks out then clears up and repeats, but I'd say the products are definitely working. I noticed my face is a lot less oily when I wake up and even throughout the day it has a nice glow, not too oily and not too dry. Maybe it's a psychological thing but my face just feels so much cleaner using these products. How are you guys doing btw?

Okay guys sorry for the long report but gotta get back to studying!

Hey Orange! So glad to hear that things seem to be working for you! I agree, our attitudes probably have a lot to do with it, but they can only take things so far. So if you're still clearing up after quite some time, I'd say the regimen is working! Kim is great, isn't she? She's always been there to address any concern (no matter how trivial) I've had. :) I've also noticed that the products make my face more mattified - not so shiny and whatnot.

Things are still going okay for me. Every once in a while, I think I see something creeping up, but I've been attacking them with the Acne Med + sulfur, hoping that will nip them in the bud. So far, so good...but that's liable to change at any time. LOL! Other than that, no complaints here!!! Yet...:)

Poop. I seem to "breaking out" with little pimples that will probably (hopefully!) turn into nothing...but are still annoying in light of my recent clarity. :( But oh well...I'm still pushing through! There's one on my chin, and several around my cheekbone area.

I'm wondering if I need to change up my routine...? Your skin can get used to the way you treat it, right? Kim told me to just check in once a month (unless I need something), so I guess she doesn't think I need any adjustments. But still...I wonder.

Anyway, no biggie. Just thought I'd update. I'll let you know what happens! Orange...how ya doin???

I'd let Kim at Face Reality know. She probably means to only check in once a month if nothing is going on. I'd let her know about the new bumps - even if she doesn't have you change your regimen right now, at least she will be aware of your current skin status.

And regardless of our skin regimens, I think little flare-ups just happen sometimes. I have been getting a few spots here and there lately - after many months of no inflamed spots at all and very few non-inflamed lesions. I've been getting a few of those deep, noninflamed (or slightly inflamed) closed comedones. Those generally camp out in my skin until I get them extracted. I just had 2 slightly inflamed spots and 2 noninflamed spots extracted today.

Oh Willow...once again, I am so jealous of you for being able to get ANYTHING extracted! I would love to be able to do that! Sigh...

But yes, I will let Kim know. I used to be so good about checking in with her - life has just recently started to get in the way. It stinks when you're used to no bumps for a while...it's like you don't know what to do with new ones!! Oh well. They're starting to get better already, so maybe it's just a hormonal issue that has passed (crossing fingers!). ;)

Thanks girl!

HEY! Sorry for the long absence but I am still here and still under FR's care! I had some trouble with skin redness and dryness for a few weeks so I had to go through this whole other routine, nothing big, Kim just had me use my products a little differently.

This week, Kim finally directed me to use the 5%bp instead of my usual 2.5% and my skin is definitely getting more and more dry. My face is overall a lot better than when I first started the regime but I am still getting breakouts though much smaller. I try to be optimistic about all this, but...do you guys ever come across your reflection under some kind of horrible lighting? and it just seems to magnify your blemishes? Yea, I had one of those today and it made me feel terrible. :( My skin has been damaged by acne for a loooonng time now and I have a lot of tiny scars and that horrible light just made them seem 10 time bigger. And it really didn't help that my friend who has perfect skin was standing right next to me :( Yea...so that was my horrible moment of the day, sorry for dragging you guys down but I just had to get that off my chest. How do you guys get through these tough moments?

Hey girl! I haven't been on here in forever...glad I ran across your post without much delay. :) I'm having a tough week myself - I have a couple of inflamed ones appear within this past week and it's discouraging. It's the most negative activity I've had since November. :( But I'm trying to "get through" it!

BRB to post again...gotta do something!