Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I recently started the regimen (and am loving it), but I have questions about it's propensity to bleach clothes. I am currently in between sizes (lost some weight) and am beginning to buy new clothes. Are there any colors or types of fabrics that I should stay away from because they are more likely to bleach?

Dark colors, mostly. I usually BP and then brush my teeth, fix my hair, put on deoderant, CHOOSE my clothes, (but don't put them on), go have a ciggerrate etc etc until it's totally dry. (ten to twenty minutes, depending on how much BP I used) Then it doesn't so much matter what kinds of clothes I wear.

I can't wear white, pastels, or any other color that would magically transubstaniate stains like crazy, (I'm very clumsy and thus get food or drinks spilled on me all the time!) so I wear alot of dark clothes.

I used different types of BP products for years and can't even begin to describe the frustration I went through with the bleach factor. I tend to sweat more than the average person and every time I would accidently wipe my face on my clothes, there went another shirt. All colors will bleach, just think of it like bleach and you will have your answer.

Personally the worst bleaching I found occurs in pastel colours. My white t-shirts are all good, and even my black and very dark blue vests are good too. (I have been through stages of applying BP on my back). It probably varies on the nature of the dyes used in the clothes too, so sometimes you get lucky and sometimes not.

I have to say the last post is accurate that where you sweat, the BP comes off the skin and goes right into the fabric and I'm not sure if you can wash it off even if you catch it quickly. So don't wipe your face on your shirts, whatever you do.

I have a whole section in my wardrobe of t-shirts ruined by BP.. it's okay, I just use them for lounging around the house or doing mucky jobs, probably looks pretty weird to anyone who sees me wearing a blotchy shirt though.

ntrino

only bleaches my blue colors for some reason

I got tired of working around this issue of b.peroxide-bleached clothes. I now use salicylic acid. I still have plenty of white shirts in my collection, thanks to my years of using BP. Blue seems especially sensitive to BP. Good luck!

never wear cyan or light blue. They are the most often to go either white or yellowish due to the BP. dark colours like black might go grey and thats about it

btw, wouldnt white shirts go orange? i dunno cos I dun usually wear white. seems like a magnet for dirt and stains whenever I go out in white shirts.... food stains ^^ meh

bleaching was one of the reasons why I had to give up on bp. No matter how hard I tried I just kept getting it on clothes, not to mention the fact that it kept ruining towels and pillow cases etc. grrr just thinking about it now makes me kinda glad I dont have that problem anymore.

Dark grays turn kind of peachy.

I find waiting for B.P. to dry on my face, and not touching it. Resolves the bleaching fabrics issue.