Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ive been using b5 for the past week now and has helped dramatically with oil production on my face. ive also been washing with bp and using tape and vinegar. i dont have bad acne but i have some little red bumps on my forehead that ae annoying. anyways now that there is almost no oil production on my forehead there is dead skin i think that is all over where ive been using bp. when i rub my fingers over the area it feels rough. i try using tape to remove it but it doesnt come off. ive stopped using bp twice a day and now using only water in the morning. this dead/dry skin looks bad cause of the rough texture and shadow effect etc. i really need to get rid of this today. is there something i can do with stuff i have at home? help me!!

It sounds like you're using too many products and your skin may be burnt but the skin is not dead, that's why it's not shedding. I think that if you're taking B5, you shouldn't do a lot of irritating things to your face. Maybe just the regimen and not vinegar or tape. Leave it alone for a while and then try to exfoliate. I have a few recipes from a beauty book, here goes:

1. Powdered milk mixed in with warm water removes dead skin cells and leaves skin baby smooth.

2. 1/2 teaspoon baby oil with baking soda to make a paste. massage over skin.

3. Mix a teaspoon of honey wtih sugar and use as exfoliator for your face, applying gently.

4. Use aloe vera for dry skin (any store and no more than $4)

5. Rose water with glycerin (health food store)