Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Adam08

what's the first thing you're going to do when your clear?

I'm going to look my boyfriend in the eye for longer than five seconds--without covering half my face and all of my forehead underneath my bangs. In fact, if my skin stays the way it is now (which is close enough to clear), I just might do that tomorrow :proud:

Prolly wake up, look in the mirror at my clear skin, shout "F-ing dream!" and go back to bed.

:)

Actually, I now have clear skin thanks to tane, and though I haven't done any singular thing, my whole attitude and lifestyle has gradually been improving.

I would go out of the house without ANY makeup, feeling great!!

And I would stay out, drinking, going to friends, not caring about my skin breaking out.

And just be so much more confident and happy.

But then I'l probably just notice my other flaws, like my face features shape etc. I've noticed I've started that now my skin is clearing.

Call up that one guy that I let get away *hopefully he will still be single*... insecurities are a bitch. ha ha

I don't know that there is one single thing I would right away...but I think in general I would just have more self confidence.

I know it would be great to wake up without makeup and go outside and be in the world without my mask. I would probably wear my hair up more too.

Just the freedom to do whatever without thatlittle voice in my head that goes "how does my skin look?"

Definitely make better eye contact. I'd also wear more creative eye makeup and feel like I could get away with more interesting fashions. I'd be confident and talk to more people, go swimming without thinking about what a pain it will be to have to put on my concealer all over again afterward, never get cranky at my family or avoid going out because I hate how I look, etc. etc.

Also, I will stop worrying over whether people might think I'm on meth or something. One day I went to the bank without any makeup and they took away my ID and accused me of not being myself. I think it's because they thought my bad skin must be due to drugs.

Definitely make better eye contact. I'd also wear more creative eye makeup and feel like I could get away with more interesting fashions. I'd be confident and talk to more people, go swimming without thinking about what a pain it will be to have to put on my concealer all over again afterward, never get cranky at my family or avoid going out because I hate how I look, etc. etc.

Also, I will stop worrying over whether people might think I'm on meth or something. One day I went to the bank without any makeup and they took away my ID and accused me of not being myself. I think it's because they thought my bad skin must be due to drugs.

HAHA...i had that when i went to the doctors bout 3 years ago when i where 15...my skin was cannie bad then like...but I had been taking some naughty pills the few weekends all the time before and i suppose i had the "come down" from them haha....

I walk into the doctors I say "everytime i turn my head i got headches"

doctors goes "are u takig smack (heroin)"

(i was like in my mind "this guy taking the piss or what)

i was like "nor mate...also can you help me sort out these spots?"

then outta nowhere he says "Lift up your sleeves for me"

i swear down man i was lyk "I AM NOT A SMACKHEAD"

tbh i blame the majority of my ole spot problems from the e's (they make ya sweat like hell)...been off em a good 2 years now and skin is clear.

so to answer the original question...i now feel like myself again...im just at uni and i have zero Social anxiety like i used too, I actually SMILE BACK at girls now (where as before i wudnt) and overall i feel happy...not just cuz of the skin but cuz of leaving home and what not.

but there's a part of me that wants to help people who where in the same position as me back then...hopeless, depressed and low self esteem...

I would let myself be in more photos as well, in fact i have hardly been in any pictures in the last few years lol

i would definitely be happier talking to people as well. instead of fussing over what they think of my skin.

i reckon i might go for a long walk and soak in some nature as lame as that sounds..really get a sense of the freedom

Why not do things you want to do now?

Don't make the same mistake I did and stay locked up in your own house because of acne.

when i'm clear i'll bump my head on table besides the bed and wake up. lol joking :)

i will be able to go out at night every weekend and actually feel sexy.

Party more, and stop avoiding pictures.

I wish I was clear this summer, it was the best summer of my life, and I would have liked to have some pictures or something.. Oh well. I guess I have the memories.

I'd travel 180 kms, to meet "the girl" and tell her how much I love her, kiss her and hold her forever...

Probably when I'm clear it will be too late, but I just can't stand when she look at me with those beautiful eyes and see my face full of acne.

Well, life hurts.

I wore my hair in a ponytail for the first time since the age of 12 not too long ago...I was always too afraid to wear my hair up because I used it to hide my face a lot. I'm sure that just made it worse, but I was so embarrassed about my face that I just never wanted to be seen.

:D Totally my plan. Personally, Im gonna wear my hair up in a sexy ponytail, and go swimming and jogging without worrying about makeup mixing with sweat or water. :) Im gonna be less shy with my bf that loves me so much even when im a bitch and hide my face between my hair a lot.

I'll go to school with my hair up and messy because I don't give a crap. I look pretty anyways. And I will NOT worry whether or not my hair is covers up the scars on my face. I won't hide.

No more hiding.