Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sid99

Whenever I start exfoliating my red marks start appearing more prounounced

I was using Retin-a for about 3 weeks in which time although my skin started become alot more smoother than normal and peeling like crazy I noticed it made my red marks appear more flushed. However as I stopped exfoliating after a few days of my skin settling down my red marks also appear less noticeable. What could this imply? Maybe my red marks are not hyperpigmentation and just more blood rushing to the area?

Does anyone else notice this, so how do I get rid of these, for me it seems as exfoliating is neutral doesnt and doesnt actually do much?

Maybe you should use something more natural like aloe vera mixed with cetaphil lotion. Just a try and I think it's of course hyperpigmentations you won't get results in one exfoilate.

Maybe you should use something more natural like aloe vera mixed with cetaphil lotion. Just a try and I think it's of course hyperpigmentations you won't get results in one exfoilate.

No no no I haven't exfoliated only once, I was using the Retin-a for a couple of weeks in which time I had a lot of visible peeling skin and flakes in more than one occasion. I have tried aloe vera and frankly it did nothing for me. The thing is I don't think red marks are hyperpigmentation but something entirely different. Like many people mention they are just damaged skin deeper down whilst brown marks are just healthy skin with more melanin. A lot of people have a mixture making it harder to treat.