Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I went on Accutane in high school, which was about 7 years ago. At the time, I didn't drink alcohol. When I went to college, about a year later, I was presented with plenty of opportunities to drink. The first time I drank beer, I puked twice after drinking half a can. When I tried hard liquor, I drank about a shot and a half, and that night, I puked for literally 5 hours straight. I felt like I was going to die.

At the time, I thought that I was just building up my tolerance, but the more I drank, the more I'd feel sick(nausea, headaches), until I just quit. I'm wondering if there's any correlation between Accutane and being allergic to alcohol. After reading the various threads about liver flushing and bowel cleansing, I'm wondering if my liver was so ruined by Accutane (possibly built up too many stones?) that now I cannot drink. Anyone know if this is possible or is my allergy more genetic related. FYI, both my dad and uncle get really red when they drink.

Thanks

When your face turns red (which is common in chinese people) this means that your body has a problem handling the byproduct of alchool breakdown. Do a search on google 'face turns red when drinking' and read about it.

Sounds hereditary to me. I was on Accutane as well about 5 years back and was able to drink, even while on Accutane. I have an uncle who is allergic to alcohol and if he drinks any, he has to be sent to the hospital. I now just get nauseous with alcohol so I totally quit. My skin looks better though biggrin.gif/

I went on accutane for 4 months and could drink a ton of alcohol both on and off the drug.

Did you get blood tests done while on accutane?