Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shin

is there hope for scars?

so after all my research it looks like the only way to properly get rid of scars is through surgery which i cant get because of the money and the downtime.. i cant afford to miss work. is there hope for scars? can u actually get rid of scars or are we forever doomed with them? i have ice pick and box scars and even though i seem to be able to get rid of my red marks. The scars seem to not heal at all. what can i do in order for my scars to improve?

Honestly, surgery is probably the only thing. I hear people say they have good results with microdermabrasion but I had a few and didn't notice anything. I had mixto fractional laser (about a week or less downtime) and didn't notice much improvement but I will get a few more over the span of a year because I feel that is the only way. Don't waste your money on other stuff.

I have done alot of research even looking into different clinical results and I can tell you there are things that can be done Punch grafts, subcision, etc. that work! The only problem is ..There are very few Doctors that perform these surgical procedures . I think it's mostly because they can charge you a ton of money for the lasers and it's alot easier for them. What you should do is look at the Scar treatment reviews on this site and you can get a idea of what will work for your type of scars. The patient rating says it all about lasers! I wish you the best.