Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dave611

safe alcohol to drink?

i was just wondering if anybody knew of any type of alcohol that doesnt contain gluten. i heard that vodka and dry cider is ok. just wondering if i was correct about this. Or if there are any that im missing. thanks.

Alcohol of the following kinds contain gluten:

Beer (ale, lager, porter, stout), Gin, Vodka made from grain, Corn whiskey (made with a grain mash), Whiskey (including bourbon, Scotch, & Canadian blends)

Alcohol that does not contain gluten:

Brandy, champagne, cognac, grappa, mead (honey wine), ouzo, potato vodka, most rums (light rums are recommended), sake, tequila not containing dyes or additives, white wine made in the United States

alcohol seemed to affect my skin when it was damaged through topical use.it was likely the dehydrating effect on my already dehydrated skin. my skin has now recovererd. alcohol no longer breaks me out.

Vodka. If you are at a party, just take the jello shots.

Hi man,

I agree vodka is probably the best choice, but jello shots? Gelatin and sugar neither are very beneficial to you if you ask me (i.e. they are pretty bad acne-wise)...

revising my previous post (see above):

im not sure if alcohol and skin is related for me now that my skin has repaired somewhat. however, i had a few drinks on the weekend (beer, wine) and my skin for the last 2 days hasnt been in the incredible state it was in during the previous few days. i havent had any actual pimples and havent for a while (just little redness/odd spot/even itchiness today & yday). okay so im not ruling out the effect of alcohol on my skin. i prob have "beer skin". anyways, im going to stick to vodka for a little while and see if that makes a difference. other possibility: there could be no link at all for me. my skin doesnt look that bad at all its just that ive become a much harsher critic because ive had days of really clear skin.

also: it would be strange if beer made my skin look a little shitty compared to other alcohol. i mean i have so much irish in my blood!

kind of changing the topic of the original post but how much alcohol and what type does everyone normally consume. Also do you guys think it effects your skin. When i went away to college my freshman year and my two years at home i would drink every thurs. fri. sat. and get pretty drunk (10-15) each night. i never really noticed that it made my skin worse. But this past year ive noticed my skin looks awful the next morning if i drink anymore than around 6 drinks. I only drink once a week now probally because of how awful i feel i look the next day. I also probally feel this way since i started to scar around a year ago and the dehydration makes my scars look worse.

i find that now alcohol definitely affects my skin. I was just getting my skin under control and then this weekend i drank two nights in a row and i woke up with two huge cystic zits on my cheeks! :-( Then again, i have definitely put my liver through hell in the past. I am going to lay off the booze for ... a while, for sure.

It's not alcohol that causes breakouts, but additives like mixers or beers taht contain gluten, or even too much carbonated drinks. The safest thing to drink is dry red wine that doesn't taste sweet, potato vodka (regular is fine too, but potato tastes waayyy smoother and youwon't get hungover).

If you want to drink beer, drink Corona, which is gluten free.

in that case, it must have been the rum & coke!

But all the same, i'm laying off alcohol for a while. My liver still needs a break!