Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
I am Snow

To those who think you must sacrifice skin for muscle...

Okay.. I'll try to follow the purpose of this thread.

For two-three years I went from this (omg..This photo is creepy):

post-76417-1226009683_thumb.jpg

to this (haha.. this leg is creepy, too :D):

post-76417-1226010058_thumb.jpg

without any difference regarding my skin condition. In my case diet doesn't make any significant difference to my acne.

How did you do this?

Also, if you knew anything about the sport of powerlifting, you would know that you want to be as strong as you can possibly be at whatever weight that is. I am very strong for 113 pounds and that is why I weight that much. I do not try or want to gain weight. I eat enought to exactly maintain my weight so that I can get stronger and stronger while gaining no weight, or very very little weight. Muscle is of no importance to me because it is not functional. Even so I still have a lot of muscle for my size, but like I said, who cares, what does that do for you?

Packerfan785, a lot of hard work is the answer :) There aren't any specific methods that I'm using. And about supplements, my experience with them is very poor. I tried once or twice some whey powder but I don't have the money to invest in good trademarks every singe month or week. The other supplements that I tried are not intended for mass gain..maybe except EFA and brewer's yest.

Diet + workout + rest + (of course) reading is the formula

Okay.. I'll try to follow the purpose of this thread.

For two-three years I went from this (omg..This photo is creepy):

post-76417-1226009683_thumb.jpg

to this (haha.. this leg is creepy, too :D):

post-76417-1226010058_thumb.jpg

without any difference regarding my skin condition. In my case diet doesn't make any significant difference to my acne.

complete change. nice.

I have heard from multiple sources that it is important to get carbohydrates when lifting so your body does not burn your muscle. Do most of us who avoid grains get enough carbs for lifting?

I have no idea where you got the idea that I do not do squats. I even specifically said I do them (page 3, post #51) because they are a great way to boost testosterone.

Yeah if you do squats then good. Just the way you were talking earlier in the thread made it seem that you weren't and you thought just running was good enough for your legs.

...idiots

why the hell do you guys have to come up in here and argue with me and eachother. You guys should all be welcoming to people with similar interests in improving their bodies. Instead you all insist you are the God of working out and everyone else has it wrong.

Yeah and you are doing what exactly? Oh humble one :rolleyes:

I have heard from multiple sources that it is important to get carbohydrates when lifting so your body does not burn your muscle. Do most of us who avoid grains get enough carbs for lifting?

Protein and Fat build muscle.

Carbs are the fuel..

thats why u eat a lot of carbs when bulking and restrict them when dieting, whereby protein should maintain at a constant level (250g per day and more is always a good start).

I'm also a very big fan of a lot of good fats in the diet (fishoil,nuts (almonds are my favorite here),macadamia oil,extra virgine oliveoil,omega3 eggs)

So, just get a lot of protein, a lot of good fats and play around with the carbs to see what happens..

Fat & Protein = Constant

Carbs = Variable

Also, if you knew anything about the sport of powerlifting, you would know that you want to be as strong as you can possibly be at whatever weight that is. I am very strong for 113 pounds and that is why I weight that much. I do not try or want to gain weight. I eat enought to exactly maintain my weight so that I can get stronger and stronger while gaining no weight, or very very little weight. Muscle is of no importance to me because it is not functional. Even so I still have a lot of muscle for my size, but like I said, who cares, what does that do for you?

You're the one that came on here saying your physique would put everyone else's to shame. 200 lbs at 6% is a way nicer physique than 113 lbs bro. I only got worked up because someone the size of a small child is claiming their physique is better than a bodybuilders'. Bodybuilders train for physique and that's why they look way better than you. If you want to criticize, prepare to be criticized also. Ask any chick if she'd prefer a 6 foot 200 lb man @ 6% bf, or a short scrawny kid @ 6% (you sound anorexic by the way). See who a fitness magazine would pick for their cover... you or me. You claim you have the best physique on here and you weigh less than a turd. Get real! I guess if someone was a child molester, they'd prefer your physique, but that's about it.

You're the one that came on here saying your physique would put everyone else's to shame. 200 lbs at 6% is a way nicer physique than 113 lbs bro. I only got worked up because someone the size of a small child is claiming their physique is better than a bodybuilders'. Bodybuilders train for physique and that's why they look way better than you. If you want to criticize, prepare to be criticized also. Ask any chick if she'd prefer a 6 foot 200 lb man @ 6% bf, or a short scrawny kid @ 6% (you sound anorexic by the way). See who a fitness magazine would pick for their cover... you or me. You claim you have the best physique on here and you weigh less than a turd. Get real! I guess if someone was a child molester, they'd prefer your physique, but that's about it.

Whoa. hold up. when did i ever say i had the best physique on here, what are you talking about? i never said anything about physique, are you confusing me with a different post or something? find where i said that. The only time I said something remotely like that is when i said that all the bodybuilding type guys at my gym have these big muscles but are not nearly strong as they look and that proportionally I am way stronger so I dont see the point of working out for muscle . Also, I am definitely far from anorexic, people way overstimate my weight all the time, thinking I weigh around 140. Seriously though I think you you confused two different people's posts cause I never said anything about me having the best physique which is why i dont understand why you are lashing out at me repeatedly when i said nothing to or about you. And as far as girls go I do very well. I am not the least bit scrawny and one would never think I weigh what I do.

*SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEECH*

That noise was me putting the brakes on the way this thread is heading. Everyone who works on a diet and exercise program is proud of their success, let's please not insult/mock/or otherwise put down others and their work.

I Am Snow wanted to talk about what he did to achieve his goal, and that's wonderful! If other people want to share what they are doing, then that's also wonderful. That's the whole point of this board - information sharing and encouragement.

Let's keep it to that. I know we can do that!

Thanks!

Attention!!!!

Ok one dude is a powerlifter and is 115-120lbs and 5'3" or something. Solid lifts, reminds me of the Chinese that train for the Olympics.

We got snowman who looks above average and is cut, but holds very little muscle mass at around 160lbs and 5'9" or something.

We got two 6'0" 200lbs+ guys who (for me) I will say are hovering around 10% BF (at least I am).

We got this dude mfit whose back dominates all and is around 220lbs or something.

Then we got all these others that try to say how they will outrun me in any race of any kind which makes me LOL since I used to run track.

What I don't get is how people 160lbs and less are criticizing the 200lbs+ guys LOL!!!! Keep in mind powerlifting is purely for strength, bodybuilding is purely for looks. One can't criticize the other.

:D

I went on a 3-day juice fast a while back that took away a lot of my weight. I have finally gained it back now and want to let you all know that you DO NOT have to eat acne-irritating foods to get muscle. Despite popular belief, you can build muscle without an intake of 500 grams of protein and 6,000 cals a day.

My diet is so basic and easily followed by anyone.

Diet (I am not including any of the water I drink because I basically am ALWAYS drinking water)

whey protein shakes (I do two-three of these a day) (one scoop, 30g of protein)

snack on a mixture of nuts nuts (pistachios, cranberries, almonds, granola, and cherries)

I eat a HUGE salad that has chicken breast mixed in (I'll post a pic)... I eat about two of these a day.

1 cup (not the measurement cup, but like a drink cup) of fruit per huge salad. Usually I have melons, pineapple, or peaches.

And that is it.

Good Job on your accomplishments :dance:

Someday I will like my physique to look similiar to that.

Why did this thread turn to some kind of a pissing contest? LOL

I went on a 3-day juice fast a while back that took away a lot of my weight. I have finally gained it back now and want to let you all know that you DO NOT have to eat acne-irritating foods to get muscle. Despite popular belief, you can build muscle without an intake of 500 grams of protein and 6,000 cals a day.

My diet is so basic and easily followed by anyone.

Diet (I am not including any of the water I drink because I basically am ALWAYS drinking water)

whey protein shakes (I do two-three of these a day) (one scoop, 30g of protein)

snack on a mixture of nuts nuts (pistachios, cranberries, almonds, granola, and cherries)

I eat a HUGE salad that has chicken breast mixed in (I'll post a pic)... I eat about two of these a day.

1 cup (not the measurement cup, but like a drink cup) of fruit per huge salad. Usually I have melons, pineapple, or peaches.

And that is it.

Good Job on your accomplishments :dance:

Someday I will like my physique to look similiar to that.

Why did this thread turn to some kind of a pissing contest? LOL

Great question! Glad the moderator came around to say something. I am just here to show you that you *can* build muscle and eat a very healthy diet to go with it. Seems like every few days another person posts a thread about trading muscle for skin.

I agree with the person who said chicks would far prefer the 6'0 200pounder at 6% BF to a short scrawny dude at 113 pounds, but i think there is a limit where once your cut it doesn't really make much of a differance to most chicks. Ie: Brad Pitt was only 150pounds when he was in fight club and alot of girls would say that is their preferred body type.

BTW on the arguement of builds, i think someone like a 400m runner in track has the best build. They do a portion of endurance training, alot of sprint training as well as heavy weights. The elite 400m runner is around 75-80kg but can squat around 180kg and bench well over 100kg.

I am on high protein , low calories diet , Works well.. people say i am getting big or stronger.

I think i get around 1,500-2,000... calories per day.. to low i guess

I am going to buy raw cashew again......... and red meat ........

Waiting a bit though if i don't get clear then screw this i am adding more foods into my diet.

gonna ignore acne and just Lift weight , i rather have muscle ;) , To hard to fight acne will just give up.

Btw i get about 200g-220g protein a day.

no need lots of calories to gain muscle...

Protein is what u need ;) and eating healthy helps.

Is there any sources of protein that I can use instead of chicken? (I eat fish, but not "meat")

whey protein or 100% liquid egg whites

Those are great source of protein.. the best! ehehe

Is there any sources of protein that I can use instead of chicken? (I eat fish, but not "meat")

Well there is turkey, pork tenderloin, and if you like red meats, beef. Other good sources of protein are eggs, milk, cheese, yogurt, and legumes (beans, peas, peanuts) . If you want to take a more vegan approach there is spinach, almonds, cashews, walnuts, potatoes, any leafy-green veggies, and grains.

Now I'd recommend all meats listed, yogurt, eggs, spinach, almonds, seeds, sprouts, and the leafy-green veggies as the few that shouldn't aggravate your skin if you really want to be careful.

You can eat red meats too. Our bodies are made to filter toxins. The problem with acne is you have too many toxins/hormones that you body can not regulate. Just because you have acne does not mean you can NOT eat meat, just regulate it.

I posted my Monday- Thursday diet. Friday- Sunday I let myself eat whatever I want like grains and meats. I still do not eat sugary or fatty foods.

Just eat those red meats in moderation and you should still be fine.

jbrown listed pretty much all of them, just wanted to say that beans + corn can give you pretty much complete amino acids, so that is a good combo to have especially if not eating meat

I agree with the person who said chicks would far prefer the 6'0 200pounder at 6% BF to a short scrawny dude at 113 pounds, but i think there is a limit where once your cut it doesn't really make much of a differance to most chicks. Ie: Brad Pitt was only 150pounds when he was in fight club and alot of girls would say that is their preferred body type.

BTW on the arguement of builds, i think someone like a 400m runner in track has the best build. They do a portion of endurance training, alot of sprint training as well as heavy weights. The elite 400m runner is around 75-80kg but can squat around 180kg and bench well over 100kg.

Damn why does this keep getting thrown around. I am 113 pounds but I am not "scrawny" in the least bit, i've been lifting for 5 years. 113 pounds on a guy my size is like 180 on say a 5'10 person, but whatever this whole thing got way off the original topic.