Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi guys, well it's been a really long journey for me. I got pregnant in 2007 (april) and prior to that never had acne. I had SEVERE CYSTIC ACNE from the 5 month point on until the end of my pregnancy. To make a long story short, I know my skin was only flawless all the years before because of the birth control. Being pregnant and suffering with all that brought me back to this site that I ran in to a bit prior to 2007. Well my skin was pretty much clear as of 05/08 with some slight hypertrophic scarring and hypopigmentation (it's slowly fading :( ) All of the sudden I just started breaking out again in august. Nothing close to my pregnancy acne, but fuck (excuse my french) I AM SICK OF THIS SHIT! I am embarassed to look people in the eye, I hate looking in mirrors and I do my makeup/hair in the dark. So last night I said screw it and went ahead and tried it. So tonight is my 2nd night on this and I am just hoping to GOD this clears up. I have about 8 active (but scabby)zits on my face. This morning my inflamed zits still tingled a little but they were all scabby. I don't care, I just want them to dry up and fall off. So I just wanted to write on here with hopes of coming back to only give progress. This site was my help during pregnancy and again now. This is what I am using

*Purpose sensitive skin wash

*Kaiser Permanente 5% BP

*Cetaphyl moisturizer (non comedogenic)

This was all I could get my hands on out of being so desperate. I also take doxycycline 100mg bid

If anyone could give me any input I would appreciate it. WISH ME LUCK cause I NEED IT! Tired of being depressed....

well i wish you the best of luck, sincerely. I hope it works for you as well, post updates and let us all know your progress. welcome back.

So this is my progress today.

Skin is dry as hell and one of those scabs were hanging off my face (it was quite large because before I started the regimen I picked and my skin ripped off cause I was using tazorac---thins your skin big time) so I pulled it gently. I have 2 active zits. One appeared yesterday and one small one this morning. They are both on my forehead, my biggest problem area at the moment. I feel like popping so bad, but I am trying to stick with this regimen so bad and really trying to be good. Hopefully I don't get new zits, but we will see.

Well tonight marks the 3rd night on the regimen.... So far it's looking ok. The boogery looking scabs dried up and pretty much left me no choice but to pull them off as they were hanging off my face in the morning. I did get a few tiny pimples on the hairline around the sides of my forehead. I HAVE NOT PICKED ALL WEEK which is a miracle since every night I am in the mirror tearing my skin up. All the pimples on the hairline turned white and dried up on their own and I didn't even pop em. Make up, well my best friend teased me today and said I looked like I had on some residue and I laughed. It was funny to me and I didn't get offended cause I don't care if I have lizard skin as long as I have no zits. One step at a time is how I will take it. Anyway, that's my progress so far. All inflamed acne has dried up and I haven't really gotten any new zits. I do have a question though, hopefuly someone cares enough to read these posts, but one of the zits that has been on my cheek for the last 2 weeks dried up and scabbed then fell off. It kind of itches and i know it has something in it. Should I freaking pop it or let BP do it's job and let it come to a head and die on it's own? Also, I was using GLY/SAL (5% glycolic acid and 2.5% salycilic acid) and noticed I was getting all of these huge volcanoes over my forehead. Like one was popping up every other day and they either wouldn't pop or they would hurt like hell until I did pop them. I guess that was making me break out more... BIG SIGH, but I'm sticking with it....Good night all....

Well tonight marks the 3rd night on the regimen.... So far it's looking ok. The boogery looking scabs dried up and pretty much left me no choice but to pull them off as they were hanging off my face in the morning. I did get a few tiny pimples on the hairline around the sides of my forehead. I HAVE NOT PICKED ALL WEEK which is a miracle since every night I am in the mirror tearing my skin up. All the pimples on the hairline turned white and dried up on their own and I didn't even pop em. Make up, well my best friend teased me today and said I looked like I had on some residue and I laughed. It was funny to me and I didn't get offended cause I don't care if I have lizard skin as long as I have no zits. One step at a time is how I will take it. Anyway, that's my progress so far. All inflamed acne has dried up and I haven't really gotten any new zits. I do have a question though, hopefuly someone cares enough to read these posts, but one of the zits that has been on my cheek for the last 2 weeks dried up and scabbed then fell off. It kind of itches and i know it has something in it. Should I freaking pop it or let BP do it's job and let it come to a head and die on it's own? Also, I was using GLY/SAL (5% glycolic acid and 2.5% salycilic acid) and noticed I was getting all of these huge volcanoes over my forehead. Like one was popping up every other day and they either wouldn't pop or they would hurt like hell until I did pop them. I guess that was making me break out more... BIG SIGH, but I'm sticking with it....Good night all....

Hi! I have been on the regimen for about 4 weeks and it does work! Dont get discouraged if you have some initial breakouts for the first few weeks but trust me it will get better! Also I would recommend buying Dans BP because you get so much for a great price! Also its a gel so it goes on a lot better and its not gritty! I dont know if you wear makeup but the gel is also better for applying it.

Also the 2.5 works just as good as the 5% but its not as harsh, and for the flakes I would recommend jojoba oil. I doesnt clog pores and it works wonders! Try not to pick, just let the BP do its job and if you truly feel the need to pop, make sure you use q tips or something steril! Dont use your fingers!!!! Check out the what to expect link, that really helped me! Good luck!

Wow...It's been a week already? Well so far the progress is so-so. I have had little zits here and there. Mainly on my hair line or the forehead. I can say that they are pretty much dried up over night. The 4 zits I had on my cheek at the beginning of he regimen are still there. I mean they were not huge to begin with but they were slightly painful and inflammed. They are just sitting on my face. I feel like popping them to make them go away faster but naaah... I waxed my lip the other week and got a small pimple there and I scratched it in the shower and was going to try popping it but I left it alone. It was a dry scab the next day. So I guess things are helping but I don't know...Is it too soon to give up? I mean I am desperate here so I wont dare, but GOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH, It's so depressing to have fucked up skin. And I am not even that bad. I don't know...Well I will continue on and I will not give up hope. I hope I get some more input..Thank you for the post above. It makes me feel more hopefull....

Hi guys, well it's been a really long journey for me. I got pregnant in 2007 (april) and prior to that never had acne. I had SEVERE CYSTIC ACNE from the 5 month point on until the end of my pregnancy. To make a long story short, I know my skin was only flawless all the years before because of the birth control. Being pregnant and suffering with all that brought me back to this site that I ran in to a bit prior to 2007. Well my skin was pretty much clear as of 05/08 with some slight hypertrophic scarring and hypopigmentation (it's slowly fading :( ) All of the sudden I just started breaking out again in august. Nothing close to my pregnancy acne, but fuck (excuse my french) I AM SICK OF THIS SHIT! I am embarassed to look people in the eye, I hate looking in mirrors and I do my makeup/hair in the dark. So last night I said screw it and went ahead and tried it. So tonight is my 2nd night on this and I am just hoping to GOD this clears up. I have about 8 active (but scabby)zits on my face. This morning my inflamed zits still tingled a little but they were all scabby. I don't care, I just want them to dry up and fall off. So I just wanted to write on here with hopes of coming back to only give progress. This site was my help during pregnancy and again now. This is what I am using

*Kaiser Permanente 5% BP

This was all I could get my hands on out of being so desperate. I also take doxycycline 100mg bid

If anyone could give me any input I would appreciate it. WISH ME LUCK cause I NEED IT! Tired of being depressed....

Wow...It's been a week already? Well so far the progress is so-so. I have had little zits here and there. Mainly on my hair line or the forehead. I can say that they are pretty much dried up over night. The 4 zits I had on my cheek at the beginning of he regimen are still there. I mean they were not huge to begin with but they were slightly painful and inflammed. They are just sitting on my face. I feel like popping them to make them go away faster but naaah... I waxed my lip the other week and got a small pimple there and I scratched it in the shower and was going to try popping it but I left it alone. It was a dry scab the next day. So I guess things are helping but I don't know...Is it too soon to give up? I mean I am desperate here so I wont dare, but GOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH, It's so depressing to have fucked up skin. And I am not even that bad. I don't know...Well I will continue on and I will not give up hope. I hope I get some more input..Thank you for the post above. It makes me feel more hopefull....

This week will by my 6th week on the regiment. I've pretty much always had clear skin. I would get a zit here and there during that time of the month. But almost 2 years ago I tried mary kay, got off bc and back on it again and it totally messed my skin up. I had/have cysts on my jawline and zits on my cheeks, chin and forehead. I finally went to a derm in august and he prescribed all this stuff that made my skin worst. I stubbled on to this website and thought i would give the regiment a shot. My skin is so much better. I currently have one zit on my chin due to my dog licking my chin a couple of days ago, but that is ok, if im going to breakout I'd rather it be one than the 6 or 7 zits i used to get. This bump is no were near the size of the bumps I was getting before. Im also getting better at not picking at my skin which was/is a issue for me.

When I first started the regiment the zits I had on my cheeks took two 1/2 weeks to go away, so just hang in there.

Also I would recommend giving the acne.org products a try at least the bp. I use the acne.org cleanser, bp, moisterizer and spot treat with AHA.

Good Luck!!!

*Kaiser Permanente 5% BP

It sounds like you are off to a good start. Just keep hanging in there.

read the article on how to pop a pimple correctly on this website. it work so well because the needle doesnt cause scarring and the alcohol make sure it wont spread to nearby parts of your face. if your gonnna pop a pimple do it this way so you wont cause more pimples because sqeezing a pimple causes a lot of irritation. i notice that each time a put pressure and squeeze a pimple the incorrect way my face would break out even more on the nearby places or the same place as before

Awww...thanks everyone!! Responses really help people stick with it. I was so frustrated earlier because I got a break out on my forehead. It wasn't horrible but the regimen HAS brought up new bumps up there. Thankfully they are drying much quicker..I thought I was just being hopefull but it really is...Sometimes I use a new product and I think out of desperation I think it's working after 2 days....NOOOOT!!!! I just feel ugly with this shit on my face...Anyway, I will give more updates through out the week...Take care all

Okay today is day 8... I still keep getting small breakouts on my forehead, but I HAD to pop one this morning..it was throbbing. While it wasn't the normal SHINY ASS VOLCANOE throbbing with pain, it was pink and had the smallest head...I popped it, it was extracted and it had a little goop of blood...that was it! It's still swollen after I have showered and re-applied, but I had one bigger than this saturday (which I popped) and it's a flat little scab....Those have been my zits lately...BIG RED SHINY THROBBING VOLCANOES THAT ONLY OOZE OUT LIQUID! Sorry if that sounds gross.. but since being in the regimen the are not shiny like that and they actually pop instead of leaking liquid. WTF???? I'm all good with that though. I can't expect results in a week, so I know I just have to be patient. Does this sound like it's working though....thanks guys!!!!