Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
misterhealthman

Anyone ever notice this about Digital photo's?

This is what I have noticed when I see Digital photo's of myself. That they are different, they look different than when I look in the mirror? Anyone ever notice that before? I don't think I look good in digital photos and when I look in the mirror I'm like what the? Can anyone explain this or anything?

also, I have noticed this when viewing the photos on facebook, do you think it changes the quality of the picture and such, so that when you view a photo thats not totally an accurate pic and such?

dude same thing happens to me. when i look at pictures of myself i think im an ugly guy but when i look in the mirror i think im an alright looking guy..maybe im not photogenic..idk what to trust

It's so weird. Very few pics of me are good. I think I look completely different in pics than I do in real life. Me and my sister were taking pics the other day and she even said that I don't look anything like me in pics. But she looks like her and so does everyone else. I don't get it. I really hope I don't look that bad to people. Scary thought. If I didn't have acne I think I would be decent looking at least in the mirror but not so much in pics.

dude same thing happens to me. when i look at pictures of myself i think im an ugly guy but when i look in the mirror i think im an alright looking guy..maybe im not photogenic..idk what to trust

Yeah, I think it might have to do with lighting and the fact that when like people post pictures of you on facebook that facebook has to shrink the photo so the quality will not be as good. But you know, I think that looking in the mirror is more accurate than a photograph u know.

I think that photos give a limited and sometimes inaccurate view of people. They certainly are not true-to-life. Colors, shadows, lighting, angles, etc, can all alter a person's appearance quite a bit.

We all know people who photograph terribly and look nice in person...or even vice verse. I have actually known people who look better on camera, as they seem to know how to use it to their advantage to bring out their best qualities only.

And web images are always lower quality than photos with a print resolution, yes.

I'm the opposite, I look good in photos, but horrible in real life. I absolutely hate sending people photos of myself because I don't feel it's a true representation of how I look. I got so annoyed about it that I actually deleted all my Facebook photos the other day.

When you look in the mirror, left and right are reversed, so we don't see ourselves as others do - this only happens when we see our photo.

Our faces are not symmetrical, for instance my nose slants slightly to the left; in the mirror I see this as a slant to the right but in a photo it slants left. Seeing my photo, I see what appears to be an unfamiliar distortion on the vertical axis and so it looks completely off - not what I'm used to seeing each day in the mirror.

Add harsh flash lighting to a sudden structural shift and well, not many photos of me... ;)

Yup i've noticed and in my camera's case i've actually discovered some of the reasons. My camera when taking photos too close, distorts the photos like a sphere. So i end up with different, normally uglier, proportions...

Another reason is the shadows and the colour. With the flash on, it takes a lot of depht, and my face looks weird.

Anyway, my camera is crap so...

This is something I have also noticed so let me know if anyone else has noticed this. That when you take a picture inside for example, you have the lighting, camera angle and all that that affect the way you look in the picture. When you look in the mirror you look different.

Now I have found that if you have a picture of yourself that a more accurate image of yourself is one of outside where there is no flash or anything, what do you guys think?

Backpack, I'm going to say this once and only once with you.

This is a support forum. What you wrote is the equivilant of trolling, especially on a forum where people are insecure about their appearences. Either start being nice, or get the hell out of my forum.

If you can't, I can easily direct your aggression in some other direction - off this entire board.

This is a support forum. What you wrote is the equivilant of trolling, especially on a forum where people are insecure about their appearences. Either start being nice, or get the hell out of my forum.

If you can't, I can easily direct your aggression in some other direction - off this entire board.

Ruling with an Iron fist, i like that, haha ;)

Oops! Did I hurt your feelings? I'm guessing you look ugly in photos. Mod powers don't really scare me. All you are doing is threatening free speech.

Anyway as I was saying, before i was rudely interrupted: if you are ugly in photos, chances are you are also ugly in real life. Sorry but the truth has to hurt sometimes. Remember that guy's post that everyone accepted so wholeheartedly? He said that you should learn to accept that you're ugly. That's the key to abolishing your acne/facial worries.

I think that photos give a limited and sometimes inaccurate view of people. They certainly are not true-to-life. Colors, shadows, lighting, angles, etc, can all alter a person's appearance quite a bit.

We all know people who photograph terribly and look nice in person...or even vice verse. I have actually known people who look better on camera, as they seem to know how to use it to their advantage to bring out their best qualities only.

And web images are always lower quality than photos with a print resolution, yes.

I'm in that group. My skin usually looks great in pictures but my facial shape is just ugh. So now I just run away if photo opportunities arise when I'm out and about.

This is what I have noticed when I see Digital photo's of myself. That they are different, they look different than when I look in the mirror? Anyone ever notice that before? I don't think I look good in digital photos and when I look in the mirror I'm like what the? Can anyone explain this or anything?

lmao

thats becuase the vast majority of normal people dont know how to use a camera

ya wonder why theres photography degree's nowadays and that fashion photographers get tens of thousands of pounds just for taking a picture of people

photography is an art...to create a picture at an agle of what you truly look like is very very hard

..it's like painting but digitally (well it is now...not before obviously)

I recently bought an HD video camera. Of course the first thing I did with it is check out my face, bad idea. I was starting to get a little more confidence about my scarring but the camera totally ruined it :shock: All I could think is, how the heck did it ever get this bad. Oh well, I'll mostly be behind the camera taking the video, so I won't have to worry about seeing myself too much.

I just came to know why i look so bad on the photos of my mobile phone. I went to photoshop and measured some of my facial proportions on a photo took by a professional photographer and found out that they were different than the photos taken by my camera. This happens specially when i take close ups, the camera can't compensate for the curvature of the lens, and makes the photo curve as well.

YES! I was also thinking about about this. I look at a photo i've taken then look in the mirror and i'm thinking.. eh?! Maybe the image in a mirror is back to front compared to a photograph or something? I don't know.. but it's one reason why I don't take many pictures. They just don't look like me in real life. Man cameras get me so angry..

i was noticing the other day, when i was taking some pics of my friend, that she would pose or whatever and make a cute face, and I would look at her, then snap the pic.. and what I saw on the digital camera was not what i was looking at in person... like she would be smiling, but then in the pic she doesnt seem to have as big a smile and she just looked different. i duunnno. it was wierd though

Like another poster said, I have the opposite problem.

I rarely take bad pictures, but I am never happy with what I see in the mirror. I think it's because the flash of the camera hides the bad texture of my skin that I know is visible in overhead lighting.