Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
*MEaGAiN*

fastest way to get rid of red marks?

Based on ur experiences what do u think the fastest way of getting rid of red marks are? apple cider vinegar, bleaching cream...? I really want to get rid of them or at least diminish them by thanksgiving, any promising cures? thanks for all the help u can give :D

Bleach... :)

No I'm not sure but its a good question

i guess time is the best cure. Your lucky though

because you can use make up to cover up any red marks.

Maybe the sun would be a good cure for red marks... then again maybe not.

yea makeup does work to an extent but u can still see them in the daylight :( but i know for sure the sun will make them way worse. I am thinking about maybe a spray tan because im so pale and it makes redmarsk stand out....any other suggestions guys...?

i suggest that you use a glycholic acid peel. I think that it is an effective way to minimise the red marks.

eh i just did a peel and i don't think it worked very well so im looking for a different approach but thanks anyway

Bleach cream really works well for me

Concha Nacar Bleach Cream at CVS, leave it on the face for 2 hours then wash off then apply lotion, it works really well.. my scars are fading

don't leave overnight or it might make you breakout and it feels so good on the skin

you should try it!

thanks haha i bought bleach cream today I hope it works :D..im not rich enough ot get laser treatment...& i dont think my red marks are that bad where i would need laser treatment.

eh i just did a peel and i don't think it worked very well so im looking for a different approach but thanks anyway

After one peel and you already expect results? Thats why people fail. Dont make judgements so quick. It takes AT LEAST 4 peels to notice results. I noticed results after my 7th or 8th peel. From my experience, glycolic peels were the only thing that ever worked for my red/brown marks and I have used many many different products. Seriously I believe glycolic peels are the most effective way to fade post acne marks. If you give up early, u will fail at everything. Give it a few months before you make any judgement.

After one peel and you already expect results? Thats why people fail. Dont make judgements so quick. It takes AT LEAST 4 peels to notice results. I noticed results after my 7th or 8th peel. From my experience, glycolic peels were the only thing that ever worked for my red/brown marks and I have used many many different products. Seriously I believe glycolic peels are the most effective way to fade post acne marks. If you give up early, u will fail at everything. Give it a few months before you make any judgement.

I did see results from one peel actually...it lightened them as i expected but i want them completetly gone. My skin doesn't really peel very well so i dont like peels. I just think there are less abrasive ways to address the issue

and big daddy do not put bleach on ur skin. its poisonous and could potentially damage ur skin forever

Yeah, keep me posted on your experience with the bleaching cream. I have a question- do bleaching creams lighten just the spot or the entire face? I dont want a palor face, considering my brown complexion.

microdermabrasion for me were really effective and cost $100aud. Very important though make sure you get it done by a professional (generally no beauty salons)

Hey... I think as mentioned time is the only real cure.

However.. I use philosophy's microderm daily wash. I am just using this about every other day and just rinsing with water otherwise. Anyway...at the very least my skin feels great and the marks are fading with the exfoliation.

Like I said before, it seems like the less the better. I wont try a bleach cream or really anything new anymore for the chance of breaking out and starting the clock over again :/

In your opinion do you think an AHA peel would work too?

think about it

peeling your skin?

does that even sound right or healthy

obviously it works for some people not for all

take a more natural approach, I think peels are not good at all

even tho many people testimony for them, the fact peeling your skin with acid sounds like you'll fade the red marks but have rosacea, who knows

I use the bleach cream... and apple cider vingar

so far so good, and i don't break out if you follow the instructions and not leave on overnight

I had been drinking Apple Cider Vinegar for a week and I haven't gotten no breakouts and my red marks are fading away:)

I did see results from one peel actually...it lightened them as i expected but i want them completetly gone. My skin doesn't really peel very well so i dont like peels. I just think there are less abrasive ways to address the issue

and big daddy do not put bleach on ur skin. its poisonous and could potentially damage ur skin forever

Its impossible to notice results after one peel. Its psychological. If u want something less harsh try Dan's AHA. It contains glycolic acid which works wonders for redmarks.

In your opinion do you think an AHA peel would work too?

Glycolic peel is an AHA peel. There are other types of AHA peels but glycolic works better but its a lot harsher on the skin also.

Snail Creams (It is really work damn!!) + Zinc 50mg a day :)

wow so i just looked at this again and saw how many more replies there were haha thanks everyone. umm update on bleach cream is..its def breaking me out so i can't use it anymore :(. oh and i used a tca peel so thats why i saw results....someone said its impossible to results after just one peel but thats not true if its a tca peel. ummm ive used apple cider vinegar and realllly like it. i would say that it works the best, I have been using it topically (about a month) but just started drinking it yesterday so we'll see how it goes....oh yea and jojoba oil! ive been using it for 2 weeks now and it diminishes my oiliness (because its makeup is so close to the actual sebum) and Im pretty sure its helping red marks i started after acv and it seems to speed up the process....it has a high concentration of VIT E :)

AHHH!

all this talk of bleaching and/or peeling the skin drives me nuts! I used a myriad of acne products over the past 4 or 5 years and my face is now paler than the rest of my body, and almost impossible to tan...and I have the type of skin that usually will have significant tan lines in about 15-30 minutes of sun exposure with spf30. You get the idea.

I hate hate hate hate HATE HATE HATE having such a pale face compared to the rest of my body. Please, guys, do not purposely lighten your skin. Any lightening/bleaching cream or peel will lighten not only your red marks, but your whole face. I don't know which specific product or chemical caused my skin to lighten, and even worse, I have no idea if it's permanent. But because of my experience, I am uber-careful now of what I put on my skin. I urge all of you to always err on the side of extra-cautious when it comes to what you put on your skin (and in your body, for that matter). I would not wish this annoyance on anyone else.

aww im sorry....yea im very sure its different for everybody...im really pale anyway...ppl always make fun of me for it haha. thats why the red marks stand out so much! argh... but like u said ppl with darker skin prob can't do the same things i, an uber pale person can.

oh and pepto bismal mask sounds interesting....how many times do u use it/ how long did u leave it on for? how long did it take to see results? does it clog ur pores or anything?...is it better than an aspirin mask u think?