Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gunner

12 customs charge for one of Dans bottles

Can't believe I got stung for a £12 extra customs charge on top of what I paid for dans treatment.. won't be buying again from the yanks.. will try something closer to home next time.

I'm likely to order in the next day or 2 - the Panoxyl I bought here is not going to last very long. I saw some other posts about customs charging when the package price went over $30 or so; which did you buy? Was it just a single bottle or a kit of 3 bottles?

I'm interested so I can do the sums to see if its still worth buying the bottle or messing about with small tubes of treatment available here in the UK.

hiyaaa

well i ordered dans kit, the cleanser bp and moisteriser,and also had the AHA too so i had 4 bottles, 8oz ones

my husband ordered them and paid with paypal, i think it was around 45 dollars in all thats about 24 quid i think but we did pay extra to have it delivered within 5 days and it did, 3 days later was here, was well pleased with the delivery, same hapened to me tho, when it arrived i had to pay the driver 23 pound!

I will get back to you on this tho with the right amount that i paid all in all, Im defo gonna order from Dans range again as the BP is really good, but thinking about trying to get a good cleanser and moisteriser from here in the UK, hopefully the shipping wont cost so much then :D

How is everyone on there skin? im on my second week and my face is soooo dry!!! very flakey too! gonna pop to holland and barrett to see if they have jojoba oil so i can mix with the moisteriser to see if that helps!

I'm using Simple Foaming Cleanser, Panoxyl BP and Simple Light Moisturiser - easily got in UK.

I'm on day 7 and my skin isn't flaky at all, feels a bit dry and slightly tight. Really clearing, probably the clearest it's been in many, many years!

Can't believe I got stung for a £12 extra customs charge on top of what I paid for dans treatment.. won't be buying again from the yanks.. will try something closer to home next time.

a prime example of why you should research first... so many people just order the starter kit ect which is no good for most contrys as you get hit with a massive tax (there are a few contrys that dont charge import fees though)... which makes the products just as expensive as the ones on are shelfs....

its important to make sure you convert your price (to the most current $-) as its fluxuating alot at the moment) and compare it to that of customs as you dont get the charge it the products come under the price barrier which i think is around £18 (you will have to look around on this forum more as i ordered alot of the stuff after i found it worked for me but made more than 1 order to avoid the fee's)

also for further information its a British government tax not american so if it order from say austraila and spend the same you will be hit with the same fee

How is everyone on there skin? im on my second week and my face is soooo dry!!! very flakey too! gonna pop to holland and barrett to see if they have jojoba oil so i can mix with the moisteriser to see if that helps!

be careful when you buy the jojoba oil mind as a fair few people find it causes them to break out (as its sn oil)... you may also want to try a different moisteriser if adding the oil doesnt work as dans is a general moisteriser not designed for any specific type of skin for example you may have more success with a dove sensitive moisteriser ect...

also if you use the full amount of bp dan says too use you may want to cut it in half (as your only on the second week) then slowly increase the amount you use so your skin can adjust....

yeah i once ordered something (not sure what it was now) and when it arrived i was told that i had to pay the delivery man £20!!

I paid anyway because i wanted the package, but it definitely made me look a lot closer at the fees in the future

I'm likely to order in the next day or 2 - the Panoxyl I bought here is not going to last very long. I saw some other posts about customs charging when the package price went over $30 or so; which did you buy? Was it just a single bottle or a kit of 3 bottles?

I'm interested so I can do the sums to see if its still worth buying the bottle or messing about with small tubes of treatment available here in the UK.

the customs charge kicks in at around £18 as from this post £18 is currently $28.70 however to $ is changing regular beucase of the markets current state so its best to check when you select how much you have to pay as paypal have up to date conversions rather than the standard conversion things like mobile phones use however it doesnt show untill your about to transfere the money use a banks or currency exchange such as http://www.xe.com/ucc/... to see the days exchange rate

most people use here for just the bp as its so expensive in shops and doesnt last long with daily use

normaly a shop bought bp has around 35mls worth of bp in there as a cream/lotion depending in which you buy (ive never used panoxyl) i buy the largest bp from here which is 472mls (but then dan put his prices up so its now over the limit)

so il add the smaller and mid bottles up to be just under £18 which will be 1 8oz and 2 2oz (around 355mls in total) this comes to $28.52

so a 35ml bp is around 3.10 in shops

so thats 10.2 units compared to the daniel kern ic ones

the shop bp would cost you around £31.62

dans would cost around £17.87 but then of course you have the p&P (1 to 3 weeks most people find it comes in the 1st week (i wasnt so lucky mine took 2 and a half)) its a total of $42.02 (£26.34) so it only saves you around £5... so it saves you a little (america get the bigger discount as the P&P is much less)

be careful when you buy the jojoba oil mind as a fair few people find it causes them to break out (as its sn oil)... you may also want to try a different moisteriser if adding the oil doesnt work as dans is a general moisteriser not designed for any specific type of skin for example you may have more success with a dove sensitive moisteriser ect...

also if you use the full amount of bp dan says too use you may want to cut it in half (as your only on the second week) then slowly increase the amount you use so your skin can adjust....

Thanks for the advice Daniel really apprieciate it, i love this site for help! :D anyways, i picked up a different moisteriser today to see if that can help with the dryness, its the same as t bags, as he doesnt seem to have the problem i have, so will try that first as i am a little nervous of the jojoba oil making me have a break out.........x

Can someone tell me what the biggest size of Benzoyl Peroxide I can get so I don’t get caught with the customs charge, like what bottle sizes?

Also do they take into account the delivery costs when you purchase something at the customs, so that would mean everything including the delivery should be under £18?

Customs and Duties are a big pain in the butt. Here in India the customs people really rip you off.

PS: You don't have to pay customs for Gifts and Free Samples so maybe you should ask some one in the US to buy you your stuff and send it to you as a gift.

I've heard people from the UK talk about something called panoxyl? Is that the same as BP?

yeah panoxyl is a bp its just what the company called it.... its one of the big sellers over here

LifeGoesOn (thats the user name lifegoeson)

the most bp you can get is 1 8oz and 2oz this comes under the customs charges by around 30p sadly since dan put his prices up the 16oz it's around £1 over the line although if its only that much over half the time it gets though customs unnoticed... however the other half your hit with a big fee which makes it not worth it

LifeGoesOn (thats the user name lifegoeson)

the most bp you can get is 1 8oz and 2oz this comes under the customs charges by around 30p sadly since dan put his prices up the 16oz it's around £1 over the line although if its only that much over half the time it gets though customs unnoticed... however the other half your hit with a big fee which makes it not worth it

Thanks i just ordered everything came up to $34.37 (21.96) including shipping

Hello,

I'm in the UK and buy Panoxyl which is BP at 2.5% as Dan advises to use.

You can buy it online from Pharmacy 2 you: www.pharmacy2u.co.uk. It's BP in a gel so gentle and you don't need to use lots.

I just bought 6 x 40g tubes recently for £16.34. It's the cheapest that I have can found it in the UK.

Look for Panoxyl aquagel 2.5 Triple packs.

It must be better than ordering from the US and paying Customs charges. And it takes about 3 days for delivery.

good luck,

Louby Lou

I have been using Panoxyl 2.5% gel for the past 2 weeks, got it from my local pharmacy for £2.50. I only use it once a day but want to see how the BP on this site compares to it, and if it’s pretty the same thing I will be sticking to Panoxyl as it saves me the hassle of ordering it. I think on the cost side it works out to around the same price.

Hi,

Like LifeGoesOn I just ordered everything (16oz) to hopefully kick my acne into some sort of submission. Having tried pretty much everything else I thought I'd get Dan's kit just to see if it works, then replace the moisturiser and wash with some suitable UK based alternatives. I don't mind paying the customs etc for now as I just want to get rid of my acne, but the thing that stung was the ParcelForce 'clearance fee'. 24 quids!! I'd rather go and pick it up from the airport myself! Not a long term option at all.

I'll be keeping a track of my progress in the regimen posts for anyone it might help.

Nick

Guess I evaded the authorities (twice in a row).

I had my starter kit arrive in the UK with no problems, no customs.. that was around $50?

Then just recently I received 3 big bottles.. total order of $99 or so.

I ordered when the conversion rate was really awesome, I paid £50 for the 3 big bottles and they'll probably last me about a year, given the starter kit lasted me well over 6 months. That works out far better than paying prescription charges that I had been paying, plus I get the moisturiser and cleanser (which I really like).

I wasn't aware of panoxyl at the time, it seems a pretty good price, so it may be the better choice to use now. I notice that it's 5%, but I have seen on some of those tubes they say 5% but then in the small print it says something like 'but equivalent to 2.5% anhydrous' or something. Not so sure what that means.

You have to factor in the possibility of customs when ordering from abroad if the items value is over £20. If you live in the UK you should be well aware of the risks of an added VAT charge being applied, and a possible further penalty from the courier.

I used the regular postage service which probably is subject to less inspection than a tracked parcel and it always showed up in great time. I'm not posting to gloat about it, but so far all the people here are posting because they got hit with customs, but to balance that out think of all the people like me who had no problems and don't really have a reason to post about it.

ntrino

Its gotten a lot worse in the last year i've found - a lot used to escape customs but nothing i get seems to now unless it is marked as a gift (which is illegal for a company to do). There should only be VAT to be added now (as Duty only applies above £105 as of December), but I find its the Royal mail (or courier) charge which normally nearly doubles the cost at £8 which I regard as too high, particularly when you have no choice in who provides this service.

There really needs to be a UK distributor to avoid these charges.

The regime really worked for me but I have tried other cleansers and moisturisers for the last 6 months to avoid paying shipping fees but it's been a false economy as my skin has been rubbish ever since.

So i have ordered the full size moisturiser, cleanser, aha and small size treatment - i paid the most expensive p&p to get it in 3 days....but have been stung with a £26 customs fee!!!

Please, please, please can we have a UK distributor for Dan's products!

In almost 6 years of ordering Dan's products, I've only ever been hit by customs twice. Both times were quite large orders as well. I normally only order 2 8oz bottles of BP which last me months.

In almost 6 years of ordering Dan's products, I've only ever been hit by customs twice. Both times were quite large orders as well. I normally only order 2 8oz bottles of BP which last me months.

Yeah I keep getting hit by these charges. The first time happened when I was sent BP to my London address, and I figured maybe it was because I was in the city and they keep major tabs on it or something. The next time I ordered I was back in my hometown, and still got the charge. All I ordered was the 16oz BP, and what really annoyed me was that the charge I got stung with was just £2 custom fee, but an additional £8.50 "Royal Mail handling fee". So basically I had to pay over a tenner because it took Royal Mail so much additional effort to stick a pricetag on my parcel and not even delivery it from the depot.

It's really irritating, but I like Dan's 16oz pump bottles, and I found that the 8oz ones for some reason don't work as well (I know that sounds stupid). I also prefer the bulk purchase than buying ten packs of PanOxyl or something. I have just started using Retin-A, however, which means using the BP just once a day in the morning and the Retin-A in the evening (they counteract one another so can't be used at the same time of day). This means a 16oz bottle can potentially last me 6mnths now - so I guess I'll just have to live with the charge.