Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tazzor

Hiding red marks with a tan...

Hey everyone,

I have no active acne, just a million red marks all over my face... I have VERY pale skin, which makes the red marks extremely noticeable...

I'm going to cancun in April and thinking about getting a nice tan to cover up the red marks. Is this a horrible idea? :doubt:

Thanks!

I have red marks too and porcelain skin, so it pretty much highlights them argh. But I don't think a tan from the sun is a good idea. try a spray on tan....theyre not bad for ur skin. Im actually in the midst of a tca peel rt now for redmarks so hopefully it works to get rid of them :D.

sun can make your redmarks stay even longer, a tan may cover it for a season but your red marks are there to stay even longer then expected, I wouldn't advise you getting a tan or being in the sun for anymore then 10 minutes without SPF-50 Suntan Lotion, but overall the sun is not good for redmarks, acne, or anything. If it took 1 year to get away your redmarks, being in the sun will pro-long that to at least 3-4 years.

just my input,

peace~~ n' God Bless!!

plus the sun could damage the redmarks, so that ur left with white scars, since the sun killed the pigments (melanin)

white marks, I think never go away except for extensive treatment and just waiting even longer