Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne_battle

Clarisonic Brush, whats been your experiences with it?

I have no idea where to categorize this topic so I decided to put it here. If a mod thinks it belongs somewhere else, feel free to move it. Anywho, I read seven reviews on this site about the clarisonic brush. That isnt enough for me. What has been your experiences with the clarisonic brush? Did it improve your skin? If so did it help with certain types of acne or all acne? Did it exaccerbate your acne? If I get enough positive feedback on this brush, I will ask for it for Christmas from my grandma.

Hi Molly,

I got a Clarisonic a few weeks ago thanks to my mom. She really thought it would help me. Unfortunately, even the gentlest brush head did nothing more than keep my acne irritated. It did wonders as far as exfoliation, but it was just too irritating. My face stayed red and angry-looking until I stopped using it. I'm keeping it around to use if I ever get clear, but for the moment it was a waste of money.

A $200 vibrating facial brush touted by Oprah as a 'favorite thing' last year. Also a waste of money.

i bought it and have had it since september. glad i got it.

i hate using scrubs to get rid of dead skin so this is a great alternative. scrubs never did anything for me but this gets rid of the dead skin very fast and easy. you can't use it everyday or it'll make your face oddly shiny and can put tiny cuts in your skin if you use it too much but that's common sense.

don't use the washes they supply with the brush because it can clog pores.

you have to be gentle. i bought it on ebay for like 145.

I am really loving the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Rejuvenator. It is easy to use and does work wonders...but I can only use it 1-2 times a week as it can irritate if used too often. I also like that it costs anywhere from $30-$40 and comes with batteries and refills.

I am really loving the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Rejuvenator. It is easy to use and does work wonders...but I can only use it 1-2 times a week as it can irritate if used too often. I also like that it costs anywhere from $30-$40 and comes with batteries and refills.

lol, I bought this last night. I hope I like it :)

lol, I bought this last night. I hope I like it :)

Hahaha, I hope you like it. You will be shocked at how soft and smooth your face feels afterwards. One small note is that I don't use BP or AHA the night that I use the Healthy Skin Rejuvinator because I am afraid it will be too much, so I just put on some light moisturizer.

Guest missyjean130

A baby's brush is cheaper and does a good enough job methinks.

I bought the clarisonic. I love it! its amazing!!!!!!!!!!

I highly recommend it if your acne is mild to light. Made a big difference in the texture and clarity of my skin. Buy it on ebay its way cheaper.

I bought the clarisonic. I love it! its amazing!!!!!!!!!!

I highly recommend it if your acne is mild to light. Made a big difference in the texture and clarity of my skin. Buy it on ebay its way cheaper.

I have very persistent moderate acne.

I am a guy and have had this product for about 8 months now. I am very on and off with it (currently barely using). I think it is good in moderation, say once every 3 days. I think it can be somewhat harsh, but maybe I have sensitive skin.

Long story short, it probably isn't worth buying. Heck, I will sell you mine if you want, I have all the packaging still, just need to replace the head, which I have a a new spare.

Anyways, I am content with Dr. Brandts Microdermabrasion in a Jar. Sorta pricey, but it lasts a looong time. Great for those days where you need a good slough of dead cells.

I have this product and I like it quite a lot.

I've been using this since it came out (about 2-3 years ago?). I use the brush head for sensitive skin. They have about 3 types of brushheads so pick the one that your skin works with the best. I like Clarisonic because the brush head exfoliates very well. As far as helping your acne goes, that all depends on what type you have and your skin type. If it is mostly on the skin surface, I believe exfoliation will help. But be realistic because we are only working on the skin surface, not our internal chemistry here. Have you ever used facial scrubs (beads) and found you can tolerate it? If you can, then I woudn't worry about being sensive and just get the product.

One advice that will save you $170: Dont get the entire system, just get the $25 brush head.

I discovered this accidently when Clarisonic was having a recall of their product. I was out of the electronic docking station and the handheld attachment for about 3-4 week time. During this time I just used the 1.5 inch brush head. I figured at least I will be getting some exfoliation instead of no exfoliation at all, right? I discovered during that 3-4 week time there was very little difference between using the electronic handheld, or just the brush heads. Certainly ergonomically it was a bit more difficult to work with because I basically rotate the brushhead on my face manually. But I got use to it quick and it is certainly more portable for travel.

I think the whole Sonic electronic deal is just a marketing ploy. There's no conclusive evidence that rotating currents will improve your skin by a noticeable level. People are noticing improvements because they are exfoliating with a great brush, not because the charging system does anything for them. Adding any type of exfoliation to a skin care regimen with no exfoliation will improve your skin, even out overall tone, make the makeup go on better, and make it softer.

Save the $150 - $170 and just buy the brushheads.

Not sure if they sell these anymore but get a Tide Spinbrush. I had one that I got for free and never used it (for clothes), then when I tried to see if it would make a good facebrush I used it and it did a pretty good job. Otherwise lately Im just using a washcloth with my cleanser.

I've had mine for about 2 weeks now and i see some pretty good results,

I think it's really specific to skin type though.

I realized i barely get acne i just have tons of clogged pores and get lots of whiteheads and blackheads. I also have hyperpigmentation which is really brown because i have dark skin.

I use it twice a day every day and its done a great job of clearing out my pores and is starting to make my hyperpigmentation fade. So its doing a double for me. i use obagi skin cleanser with it.

its starting to dry out my skin a bit though but i put on moisurizer in the morning after i use it and that pretty much solves the problem

I went to Sally's Beauty Supply and got a $3 facial brush. It does the same thing. You determine the amount of pressure used. When I clean my face I just use the brush just before I rinse. I notice the blackheads on my nose seem to be clearing up some, since I started using this brush.

Some people use a baby's hairbrush but I found that to be like using a wire scrub brush, the brush from Sally's has bristles that aren't as stiff as a baby's hairbrush. You don't have to use a lot of pressure, a light circular motion is the best.