Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
I am Snow

How old are you?

To those still with acne: How old are you?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Age:

• Under 12
    • 12-14
    • 15-17
    • 18-20
    • 21-24
    • 25+

Besides voting your age, please post your age and how long you have been dealing with acne.

I am 18, and have dealt with acne for about a year and a half.

I am 27 years old - mild but persistant acne.

I started getting acne at age 11, which makes this 16 years of acne.

I am 27 years old - mild but persistant acne.

I started getting acne at age 11, which makes this 16 years of acne.

Have you ever had a period of time where you had no acne?

Before 11 (I hit puberty early, so I think that had something to do with it) and for about three months in '05, when I first started using Pro-Activ. The Proactiv puttered out on me, though, and thus I came here.

My acne HAS been getting milder as I get older, though. As a teenager, I had moderate acne, and every few years (3-4?) it seems to make a leap towards lessening. But since both of my parents are adult sufferers (40's and 50's), my mother moderate, my father mild, I believe I will be dealing with at least mild acne for the rest of my life.

17 now, been dealing with acne since 12. Currently on Tane, 3rd month. Sucks when basically no one of that age got acne anymore...

Just turned 27, I've been dealing with acne for about 5 years

I had perfect skin before that.. an extremely stressful event triggered pre-celiac gluten intolerance which also caused my acne.

I just figured all that out and now the acne is on the mend :)

17 now, been dealing with acne since 12. Currently on Tane, 3rd month. Sucks when basically no one of that age got acne anymore...

Too fucking true man.

Been dealin with acne since 8th grade (age 12) although I consider myself a late bloomer ... I got acne at 12 and it was very mild until about 10th grade (age 14 - 15) it got mild - moderate and has been there since

I dealt with acne for 30 years. And I guess still am since it's not like I can stop doing what I've been doing. Although acne is no longer my primary reason for my diet and lifestyle.

Im turning 25 next April and Ive had acne since the age of twelve or thirteen, I dont remember which. There is one year I had clear skin, no acne at all and then boom, two years ago, it came back in full force, moderate acne and I break out everyday. My dad is 57 and has mild acne. My mom is 58 and has flawless skin.

31 mild acne - set in at about 20 so 10 years. I currently have 1 pimple near my eyebrow, 1 on my chin - blackheads on nose/congested pores. Better since the 12th week of being gluten free (week 17 now).

I hate having to deal with this at 31 - somedays I just want to rage at the world for this. Useless emotion.

Many of you, as well as others I have seen on this forum, have started with acne since around age 12.

I had perfect skin up until just after I turned 17. I am a later bloomer, so I thought maybe that was it, but as time goes on I am beginning to think it has something to do with facial hair for me. I am VERY prone to ingrown hairs, as well as my dad.

Neither of my parents ever had problems with acne, or their parents. I get acne where new hairs come in around my chin, above lip, and side of my face where my side burns are coming/came in.

Back when I had perfect skin, I had no facial hair. The first few came slow, and it seemed like I would always get a pimple first, then came the hair. Then all of a sudden my face just went KABOOM. I only get acne where I get hair. I use an electric shaver (mostly to avoid ingrown hairs) and my acne does not seem to worsen after I shave, so I doubt that just because I had to shave those areas I got acne. I got the acne before the hair.

Is there ANYONE like this? Or does anyone know why this is? Or have another explanation? I realize the pores that get hair are different than the others, but it is almost like a one time thing. I get a pimple, then followed by the pimple comes a hair, then it seems I never get a pimple there again.

Now I do get a few black heads from time to time, and I get forehead acne because of my long hair. But I am curious if new hairs that are just now coming in can be the reason for my acne?

I'm 21 and I had good skin throughout most of highschool even though my hygiene was also pretty poor the whole time(eating badly, not washing face every night etc.). I had the occasional zit here and there but the rest of my skin was smooth and flawless. I was thinking the other day, if my parents taught me a little more about skin care in highschool then I coulda probably kept my skin healthy indefinitely. I started breaking out a bit more around the age of 20, or at least becoming more conscious of my skin because I was getting more girls. It was still very mild though.. Well, becoming more conscious for me meant using more products(I always only used water before and it was fine!) and I made a lot of dumb decisions with products which actually made everything worse and now I have pretty bad redmarks/hyperpigmentation from it. I actually washed my face with anti-bacterial handsoap once because I thought it was a good way to "cleanse" before putting BP on. Yeah, I was pretty clueless, I thought it was just generic soap. This caused a bad chain of breakouts and I still have a few marks left over from it to this day. BP also damaged/dried out my skin and made things worse. Looking back on it if I just used water only or maybe a gentle cleanser and exfoliate a few times a week, I'd probably have 0 marks right now and maybe 1 or 2 active spots at most.

I still get a few pimples a month but it seems to be on the decline in general. I just hate that I have these marks left over, that's my main issue but I see myself mostly growing out any new breakouts within the next few years since the rest of my family did in early/mid 20's.

I'm 21 and I had good skin throughout most of highschool even though my hygiene was also pretty poor the whole time(eating badly, not washing face every night etc.). I had the occasional zit here and there but the rest of my skin was smooth and flawless. I was thinking the other day, if my parents taught me a little more about skin care in highschool then I coulda probably kept my skin healthy indefinitely. I started breaking out a bit more around the age of 20, or at least becoming more conscious of my skin because I was getting more girls. It was still very mild though.. Well, becoming more conscious for me meant using more products(I always only used water before and it was fine!) and I made a lot of dumb decisions with products which actually made everything worse and now I have pretty bad redmarks/hyperpigmentation from it. I actually washed my face with anti-bacterial handsoap once because I thought it was a good way to "cleanse" before putting BP on. Yeah, I was pretty clueless, I thought it was just generic soap. This caused a bad chain of breakouts and I still have a few marks left over from it to this day. BP also damaged/dried out my skin and made things worse. Looking back on it if I just used water only or maybe a gentle cleanser and exfoliate a few times a week, I'd probably have 0 marks right now and maybe 1 or 2 active spots at most.

I still get a few pimples a month but it seems to be on the decline in general. I just hate that I have these marks left over, that's my main issue but I see myself mostly growing out any new breakouts within the next few years since the rest of my family did in early/mid 20's.

Unfortunately, acne is not caused by if you wash your face or not.

I'm 33, going on 34 with ridiculously persistent mild, but occasionally more severe acne. I was broken out at 30-31 as bad or worse than I ever was as a teenager, which is when I started lurking here -but all told I've been dealing with it for 15 - 20 years.

My chin was always the worst area (and I use an electric to shave), but I've broken out everywhere at one time or another. I've got blackheads, broken veins, the works but thanks to info and ideas from this site I've gotten some of the worst inflamed stuff under a certain amount of control (cue breakout ... :doubt: ).

I had moderate acne beginning when I was 12, then it became mild. I stupidly aggravated my pretty decent skin this summer by trying a bunch of harsh things; now my acne is moderate again.

I'm not saying that. Most of my acne at 20 was from irritating my face with products and bad decisions. Not just "washing" it. I had little to no acne when I was just using water and my skin texture was flawless. Using harsh products/cleansers damaged my texture and probably damaged my acid mantle. Basically if I kept to a simple regimen I'd probably still breakout very mildly but I wouldn't be marked up as badly from irritating my face constantly.

I believe I made my skin worse in my teens by overusing harsh products and not having a balanced approach to acne. All I had to rely on were Clearasil ads and misinformed grown-ups who said "Scrub like hell with soap and then dump on tons of toner to dry your skin up!"

I'm 17. Having acne since 11-12.

I am 27 years old. I been dealing with moderate level acne since 14 years old. So thats 13 years of acne. I still have mild to moderate acne at 27 years old. I only been 100% clear for 6 monthes when I was on accutane at 19 years old. When I stoped, the acne came back full force.

Harsh hand soaps that have high pH's can be harsh on your skin, which is not something you want. If you wash your face with soap, it should be done with a Dove beauty bar, or natural type bars that have a pH at or close to 7 (similar to skin pH).

Harsh hand soaps that have high pH's can be harsh on your skin, which is not something you want. If you wash your face with soap, it should be done with a Dove beauty bar, or natural type bars that have a pH at or close to 7 (similar to skin pH).

Right... That's the point. I didn't know that back then when I did it, now I do. But I've been left with a few marks because of my ignorance. I know a lot about skin care now and what to do and what not to do, I've been studying it for a year now and I've almost been able to stop my acne other than the occasional one. Unfortunately the marks have been lingering for about a year so once they go away(they are slowly but surely fading) then I'll be 99% clear.

I'm 18 acne was really mild maybe a couple pimples every few weeks until i came to college then my skin freaked...now its 90% controlled :) just red marks. I think it had to do with climate considering i moved from texas to california...idk tho maybe stress too?

I'm 18 acne was really mild maybe a couple pimples every few weeks until i came to college then my skin freaked...now its 90% controlled :) just red marks. I think it had to do with climate considering i moved from texas to california...idk tho maybe stress too?

my acne was mild until I went to college too. I broke out severely when I first got to college. I was super stressed, felt out of place, and all that. Since then, my acne has settled down and I have taken a more Laissez-faire attitude towards my acne.

that's good to know im not the only one...btw regarding the ingrown hairs thing... that probably stimulates acne because it irritates ur skin....u might wanna find an aftershave that is really calming or is made for guys proned to getting ingrown hairs...idk just guessing, because i obviously don't shave my face lol :lol: