Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JimSta

Had SmartXide Dot Laser Done

So today I had a smartxide dot laser procedure done. Supposedly it's the most advanced laser resurfacing technology out there. It's suppose to give you close to the results of the best CO2 laser without the month long recovery time.

If you want more info just go to this link: http://www.innovationsmedspa.com/smartxide_dot.php

I've got some before pictures that I took and I'll take some after pics as well. I'll post them up in my gallery sometime this week. I just got to recover some first.

The procedure was mostly painless. They numb your face for an hour and then blast away at your face with the laser over and over again. On my cheek and forehead it didn't hurt at all. It just feels like little pins poking at ya. However around my eyes and temple area it stung like heck as I'm more sensitive in those areas. The total laser resurfacing probably didn't last for more then 10 minutes. After that they put some cold wet towels on my face and fanned my face with some AC unit. At first my face didn't really feel all that hot, but five minutes after the laser I began to feel the burn. It wasn't too intense, but I'd imagine if my face wasn't numb and that AC unit wasn't blowing in my face it would feel like my skin might have had a 5th degree burn.

Overall right now my face is pretty red and discolored, but my skin tone does look more even. I can't really judge yet how smooth my face has gotten. The discolored skin and the million of tiny dots on my face is making it hard to judge. I will say though that when I slid my finger down my cheek it felt smoother then I can ever remember.

The only thing I worry about is my discoloration. I of course have alot of redmarks. The doc told me that the scar resurfacing procedure is different from the pigment discoloration procedure even though he uses the same laser. The settings are different and it looks like I'll have to wait another 3-6 months before I can have this procedure again to fix my red marks. The good news is when I do go back to the doc it will only cost me $15 per shot area from now on. If this laser did it's job right then I'm looking at only about $400 per visit in the future. The original procedure itself cost me $2500 and I used one of those cosmetic loan companies with 0% interest the first year to finance this. So overall I think what I got done for the price is more then satisfactory. I'll have more of an opinion on it after the 7th day when the redness finally goes away.

Just wanted to update you guys and tell you on this first day my face hurts like heck everytime I wash it or put a moisturizing lotion on it. I immediately have to stick my face in the freezer for about a minute or so to cool it down. I'm alright with the pain though. Makes me feel like the laser did it's job and that my skin is getting better.

Update for day 2:

Lots of redmarks, millions of small pin holes, and discolored skin. On the upside my skin looks even. I can barely spot those deep pitted scars. This could be a temporary thing because right now my skin is all crusted, and given a couple more days my face should be peeling. After my skin peels I'll see what's left behind and then I can more accurately tell what percent improvement my face has made. Also no more burning pain when I wash my face. My skin doesn't feel baby soft anymore like it did yesterday. It's more like a hard crusty feel. The dead skin is almost ripe and ready to peel.

Thank you for this log - we have lots of members ask about these kinds of treatments and often it's hard to find people who have actually done it! Keep posting, this is good!

Day 3:

my face is itchy, and I'm starting to peel around my lip area. My face is still very dark and and discolored.

My sister who knows me best has commented on how much smoother and more even my complexion appears. I still can't say for certain how much better my face has gotten until my face fully peels, but things are looking good and my face is still looking even toned.

Alright it's been about 6 months later. I went back for my followup and I saw my before and after pics. I would estimate that I'm about 70% better. I'm really impressed with the laser and I would definitely recommend this to anyone.

I'm going to be doing this one more time. The doctor has explained to me since I took the last procedure so well he'll up the intensity on the laser this time around. This will add an extra day to my recovery but the benefits far out way the extra day of social downtime. Any full facial laser procedures for me is now just $500 from now on so I would say that this is the best deal you can possibly get. The doctor feels that after this procedure my face will get between 90%-99% back to full smoothness again. With the amazing results I've already seen after just one procedure I'm leaning towards believing him.

Alright it's been about 6 months later. I went back for my followup and I saw my before and after pics. I would estimate that I'm about 70% better. I'm really impressed with the laser and I would definitely recommend this to anyone.

I'm going to be doing this one more time. The doctor has explained to me since I took the last procedure so well he'll up the intensity on the laser this time around. This will add an extra day to my recovery but the benefits far out way the extra day of social downtime. Any full facial laser procedures for me is now just $500 from now on so I would say that this is the best deal you can possibly get. The doctor feels that after this procedure my face will get between 90%-99% back to full smoothness again. With the amazing results I've already seen after just one procedure I'm leaning towards believing him.

is there any way you can post these pictures?

yea before and after pictures would be great. im also thinkin about getting smartxide done by Dr Khan ... i have dark skin (medium brown) and specifically asked him if this laser is ok for dark skin and he said 'Yes its a co2 so it doesnt affect pigment'. - im not sure

I got smartxide co2 dot laser done yesterday.My skin is brownish and purple in colour.I cannot decide about the smoothness yet.I want to know from all of those who got it done that is it normal to get yellowish fluid coming out of the skin after the treatment.I am getting this yellowish fluid and i have to clean it everytime and i cant even clean properly as it sticks to the skin.Please let me know anyone who has been through this after taking the laser treatment.

I am close to the innovation med spa in Fort Worth and have seen this procedure advertised. I was wondering if they would spot treat or do you have to get full face? Fort Worth location is hard to get to call back, I have left messages...

Ok, I got ahold of them and you can not spot treat with the laser. It is $3000 for full face too! ouch!