Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mysteryemz

Change of looks after having acne!

Okay... I don't know how I'm going to put this together with my not so good English... I'm 19 now well 20 in few months.. In my early days like around 17 16 I use to actually thing I'm quite handsome :) With my cool hair :P But now after having a bad acne just more then a year ago I have lost everything.. My confidence.. Can't even look at mirrors outdoors with this devil red marks left on my cheeks. I tried to be strong waiting them to go away.. But they just wont. I guess I had my time and now I just have to suffer!! I'm also heartbroken all that time I missed trying to treat my acne while other teenagers having fun. I don't want to think this way but I just can't help it. Having to hide from people, feeling of looking different to them!! I don't even feel like I'm someone anymore just a none attractive creature that people would look in a weird way. My sharpness is just fading more everyday. My stress has turned into a major depression and I hate my self. I get weird thoughts of just growing my beard cutting my hair bald, locking my self in.. Just want to give up I know it sounds silly! This is my feelings...... Just saying had enough of this tensed uncomfortable face :'(

I feel the same. I actually did shave my head with clippers. No.1. I wouldn't advise it. I regretted it straight away. Go for a No.4 lol, it's not so severe.

I don't like it, u just think people are constantly judging you. It is shit.

I know how you feel, cause Im in same position. My suggestion is to grow a beard and hide it away. Thats what Im attempting to do.

Thing is people still look at your face no matter what you improve. And that really sucks. I've grown big muscles but still have acne. People dont look at my arms, but rather at my acne and I'm tired of it. Can't wait for accutane to work its magic ( completely ).

Lauran and Calibos if you both trying to be funny, is not working!!! I was serious about what I said... I do live in England but I'm not British. I lived here for 10 years. My English is actually quite good I just said that in case I make mistakes....

Don't mind Calibos, I think he's just been playing World of Warcraft alot lately or something, and I think Lauren was just making a bad joke.

What you're feeling about your skin is absolutely normal - you're not alone! I'm glad you're here, and this is actually the right place to be.

Keep sharing, we're listening.

Look mate, I never meant any offence by what I said (wondered who you were when you PM'd me) it was purely a joke and i'm sorry if you didn't see the funny side to it. I wasn't saying your english was bad at all so hope you wasn't referring to me when you said that, besides this is the Internet and I couldn't give a shit if people spell incorrectly.

I felt like you did when my acne was at it's worst, and it took a long time after it cleared for me to accept what I looked like, I had a bad bouts of anxiety and dsymorphia which i've only manage to overcome in the last year or so.

Acne sucks, and i'm sorry you're feeling so down. You can keep trying to treat your acne, but in the mean time you need to think about your other qualities, might seem like a phyrric statement but there is more to life than appearance. You seem like a decent guy, try and focus on your good points instead of worrying about the bad, because as you said, you'll only end up being left alone whilst everyone else is getting on with their lives. If it's confidence you need, then why not have a change in how you look? Get a nice hair cut, buy some cool clothes, go to the gym, there are so many things you can do to make a radical difference in your appearance and it might help improve your self esteem.

Once again, i'm sorry if I pissed you off.

Don't mind Calibos, I think he's just been playing World of Warcraft alot lately or something, and I think Lauren was just making a bad joke.

What you're feeling about your skin is absolutely normal - you're not alone! I'm glad you're here, and this is actually the right place to be.

Keep sharing, we're listening.

I wasn't making a joke. :confused: The OP apologized about his grasp of the English language, and Big Daddy asked "Aren't you from England?" I posted the "immigration" link as a lazy answer that one can, in fact, live in England without English being their first language. Sorry for the mixup!

As to the OP's post, I think most people on this board can relate to some degree, so you're certainly not alone. I wouldn't leave the house for a while when my acne was at its worst. Just keep treating it and keep your head up - it does get better. All the best. =]

Ooops, sorry about that, Lauran - I guess I didn't get it either!

But mysteryz, see, there are lots of people here who have been where you are - you aren't alone!

Dude I totally know what you are talking about. When my face is clear I feel like Im the man, I can go out and have a good time with no worries in the world. But with my sporadic acne patterns I can break at whenever and it makes me feel like crap. I just want to hide away. I think its because I have this ideal perfection image in my brain and I am telling myself that I can fulfill oh so much more if I was acne free or in other words a more perfect "LOOKING" person. But what I am coming to find out is I cant do that anymore. Otherwise I am going to be a worthless piece.

Matt

to be honest...you can try and do all those things, and you might feel the same...

you just need to find something which you can do, which will help you feel less stressed about your acne..

i myself, grew a big beard, and people probably stopped looking at me cause of my acne, but stared at me cause of my beard...being brown and with a big beard is probably not the best idea, seeing as there are many ignorant minded people lol...

but growing the beard made me feel good, i dont know why, maybe its cause when i use to get stressed i could stroke my beard in a relaxing way lol...or maybe it was just cause you couldnt see half my face, either way it done the trick...

i just hope you start to feel better about yourself, keep your chin up