Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This has nothing to do with acne, but I really hate my life sometimes. I hate my "friends" who always ditch me and don't give a fvck about me. I hate spending friday nights alone while they go out and have fun. I hate it.

Guest Brandon

Last night everyone ditched me, so I drank alone in my room thinking about how much I hate my crappy life, while questioning God. Sometimes I wish I could run away from my own life, and I actually think about just driving away to nowhere in particular.

This problem only serves to prove why altruism behaviour is disadvantageous.

By all means be a social butterfly but never bow down to anyone. What you have to do is centre the world around yourself. Imagine everyone bowing down to you... while they're naked and covered in thick pigshit.

Sometimes I wish I could run away from my own life, and I actually think about just driving away to nowhere in particular.

I know what you are talking about aksjdf. I have that very same thought all the time. Then I think of all the bills that I have and realize that I can't. Still, so many times I just want to turn my back and run away from it all, friends, family, work, and school.

Guest Brandon

That's what's holding me back as well...bills. alk;sdjfkladsj

This problem only serves to prove why altruism behaviour is disadvantageous. You can be a social butterfly, but you must never bow down to anyone. What you must do, is centre the world around yourself; imagine everyone bowing down to you - whilst they are naked and covered in thick pigshit.

This proves that he still considers his friends an important part of his life, considerably so - to the extent that he is here lamenting over them:

I hate my "friends" who always ditch me and don't give a fvck about me.  I hate spending friday nights alone while they go out and have fun.  I hate it.

It sounds like half of your paragraph was explaining his possible selfish motivations. I don't see how anything you said conludes to me being wrong. I'll assume that I'm missing something or I'm too stupid to understand though, care to be a bit more straightforward with your points?

Aysia, I put the word "friends" in quotes cuz I don't really consider them friends. However, I am jealous of their lifestyles and I wish I could be one of them. And if I seperate myself completely from them, then there will be very few friends of mine left. I'm trying to find new ones though.

LLAMAS RULE??????? R u peruvian or what????? That's the only place where they have LLAMAS!!

P.D. Screw your friends!!!

someonecool17 wrote:

I hate my "friends" who always ditch me and don't give a fvck about me. I hate spending friday nights alone while they go out and have fun. I hate it.

There is absolutely nothing in the aforesaid quote which would indicate altruistic behaviour at work. Altruism: unselfishness; concern for other people. There is no concern for other people, and even if one wanted to make the relatively minor point that there is indeed a temporary ensconced tendency toward altruism, what we are really talking about when all is said and done is a deep seated concern for the "Self," and this ultimately is totally legitimated selfishness.

Good point. I am pleased someone has fulfilled the premise that I have always held: Man = self. Altruism is pointless and is only a gain when it is subservient to the desires of man.

Me = win

Good point. I am pleased someone has fulfilled the premise that I have always held: Man = self.

Thank-you.

Altruism is pointless, and only a gain when it is subservient to the desires of man. The aforementioned argument is an informal tautology (a proposition that states nothing). Altruism is not pointless for it does not really exist; and, if one were to indulge this ill-fated argumentation, it could only be said that it exists in a fictitious and provisional way, in that it really only functions as a euphemism (selflessness masquerading as selfishness). Given that altruism does not exist, it cannot be said that it is ever in the employ of man’s petty desires.

Me=win.

No one wins!!!

Fee fi fo fum, I smell the bullshit of a Raven(wo)man:

The aforementioned argument is an informal tautology (a proposition that states nothing).

Guest Brandon

Shut the hell up. Why are you arguing about something so trivial? Don't analyze the context of "friends" and just give him your moral support.

First of all the word is altruistic when used in the sentence of the first few posts. Second, I have rarely read such self-defeating nonsensical screeds of bullshit as I have read here. If some of you put the effort into trying to find and maintain human contacts as you do into trying to sound intellectual you would never be as lonley as you are. Some of these posts are obviously written by a few poor souls who actually read Kant and other irrelevant crap that real intellectuals laugh about. What smothering soulessness.