Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
IHateAcne2008

The Journey Begins

I just got back from the dermatologist and I have been prescribed Accutane! I have had persistent mild acne for 6+ years starting when I was in 6th grade, up until now being a freshmen in college. I was very sick of it and just eagered to get rid of my acne. I have low self esteem because of it, rarely going out with friends in public. I enjoy just staying at home so people won't have to see my face.

I got to get my blood work done tomorrow morning and have them fax it to my derm. I should get my medication by Friday. I was started on 60 MG.

I have read all of the side effect and feel I can put up with them knowing it will be worth it at the end. My derm said my coarse would last 20 weeks. I have to go back monthly for check ups. She said I should see significant results after the first month (she said I should because my acne isn't really that bad, just persistent) She said by month two I should be pretty clear. I am skeptical of that time frame but it be very nice if it did work like that. I am ready to get this started and I will try to update this blog daily and if not daily at least 5 times a week.

Also she said I could jump up to 80 MG after the first month, I weight 160 lbs, and I am 6 feet tall.

I will post some pictures soon (hopefully before I take my first post, and post new pictures every two weeks or so.

Just picked up my prescription for Rite-Aid. I was given Sotret (I wanted Accutane, just so I could see the name, but I know this is the same so it doesn't matter.

I was given two 30 pill boxes, and I didn't even need to show my Ipledge card which had me a little worrisome, but whatever. It only cost be $10.00 insurance covered most of it, I was glad to hear I wasn't going to be paying an arm a leg for this stuff.

I will start my treatment tomorrow. I will try and keep this updated with daily feedback and results, and I will try to get some pictures of here before the end of the weekend!

Wish me Luck! And Good Luck to all others on Accutane!

Day 1:

Woke up around 10, didn't get much sleep (6 hours) took my first pill around 10:30, with a glass of milk. I have been putting on Cetaphil moisturizer and lip balm all day. Haven't had any problems yet I know I am going to be but avoided it today.

Went to my brothers football game, didn't put on sun screen because I didn't have any but I wore a hoody so most of my face was covered.

Took my second pill of the day around 6 Pm with a glass of milk (2%) I took this pill after I had dinner. Went bowling with a bunch of my friends. I dipped (tabacoo) and had some soda and an energy drink (I told myself I give myself one last day of sweets and then stop.

My digital camera is broken, and I am going back to college on Monday morning so pictures probably will have to wait until next weekend, unless I can find away.

Day 2

Morning: Woke up around 10:30 took my pill with a glass of milk, took a shower, put on my cetepahil moisturizer and chap stick, I didn't go outside today, so no sun screen.

Night Took the pill after dinner with another class of milk. Took a shower and put on cetepahil.

I didn't drink any soda today, just 2% milk, water, and some Gatorade.

My lips haven't been chapped yet, and my skin hasn't dried out, I kind of want it too, just so I know its working. No side effects yet, but it has only been two days.

Good luck man!! I saw be there soon! I'm would classify my acne as persistent, so I hope it only takes 2 months to completely clear me too!! That would be awesome!

Day 3

Morning Took my pill after I had breakfast around 8 AM, with a glass of milk. Only real side effect going on is my lips are a little bit dry, not even chapped.

Night I was at college, and I feared doing this but I brought my pill with me and took it after I ate with a glass of milk. Lips are still kinda dried.

I am feeling pretty good, I got a headache today that lasted for like 30 minutes, and I kind of had a hard time consentrating in one of my classes, but I think that was because it was boring anways.

Face seems a little bit more oily then usual, but I think it is because of the amount of moisturizer I am using. (Cetaphil)

Sorry it has been a couple day since I updated this thing. My face started to feel a little dried out, but it has yet to peel or anything, I keep using Cetaphil moisturizer. Lips are kinda chapped, not really though. Face is looking pretty good, I know it is early but I have only got like 4 pimples since last week, and only one is active right now.

Forgot to mention, I am also using proactive refining mask as a spot treatment. I have always used it for years, and I love it and I won't stop using it. I know its going to increase the dryness in my face but I don't care, but face hasn't even dryed out that bad yet ether. I will continue to use a lot of my cetaphil moisturizer

I don't think I have one active pimples, but seriously my face is red as can be. Like legit red. Is this a side effect? please Help......will this go away? I was usin an Oxy product a face wash with like 2% SA i think....please help.

Redness kind of went away, but i got two pimples on my forehead, and I though I could pop them and I did one went away the other didn't and looks worse then it did now.

I wanted to see if it was working or not so I went with out moisturizer for a few days, and my face was drying out. I am stilll getting chapped lips. And I having some fucked up dreams.

I am really noticing a difference in the amount of pimples I am getting, and I think its like day 12 or something.

Acne just sucks...

Oh yes the dreams you have on Accutane are extremely fucked up. I have no idea why but I have a weird dream just about everynight. Oh well I guess it makes my sleep more exciting. Good luck bro!

Face is doing pretty good, a few active pimples, but they aren't very big. Redness went down quite a bit. I am getting some lower back pain, but I been kind of starting to work out again, probably a combination of both. Still having some messed up dreams, and i never use to dream before. I have 3 more pills to take, then I have finished 15 days.... Time has gone by fast; and I am really liking the results so far.

My lips are getting very very chapped, I think it because of the cold weather as well.

My nose is going extremely dried out, its not even funny how bad. feels like i am getting the stuff out of there every 30 minutes

Face is doing pretty good, I don't know why but it is red. I got a pimple thats going down on my temple. I got 3 spots on my forehead that I picked at, but they don't look to bad and they are going down.

I am still getting messed up dreams.

2mor marks then 3rd week.

doing well. I notice when i take a shower and use my Eurcin redness relief face wash and then put on my cetaphil moisturizer my face gets red for a little while. But not that bad and it goes down. Face is kinda dry, skin (arms and back and back are dry and itch at times). nose is really dried (and it sucks). Doing pretty well I haven't got a new pimple in awhile and my face def looks better. I missed 4 dosages so far *but i missed two on purpose* my derm appointment is four days after i run out so now i will just take 1 pill those four days so I don't go without (i have taken atleast one pill aday)

This is the first time I have felt like a product was really working, and I keep saying in 2 months I will be looking fanastic. I always remember saying when I had acne w.o tane In 3 months my face is gonna be perfectly clear. Never was. I am feeling pretty good about to go on vacation for the rest of the week and going to stay in a lot drink lots of water and hopefully when I go back to school it will be looking even better!

Not happy at all. Somehow I got a rash. I think its from the Eurcin, but I don't know how. But it has to bee. I haven't used anything else besides that. I got Eurcin on Sunday and I used it Sunday Night (not Monday) then Tuesday and the rash came on Wednesday, If felt itchiness in the area of the rash on Tuesday. But i used the product again on Wednesday because i hadn't connected the dots yet. It only on my jaw line on both sides (one side a lot worse then the other. I put Neosporin on it, and it went down a little last night, hoping it does the same tonight......

Besides the rash i only got like two small pimples on my face. A couple old ones that haven't disappeared yet. I notice that I thought my pores were getting smaller on my nose. I have noticed a difference in the amount of pimples I get (BIG TIME). I go back to the derm on the 4th. This Saturday will be the fourth week. But i have 4 days in between my appointment. so I have it so I can take one pill on

December 1, 2, 3, 4 and then get my new prescription. I believe I am going to go up to 80 MG. Hopefully in another month I will notice more improvement. I try to avoid the mirror but it hard. The more I look the worse I think it looks! My family has def said they notice a difference So I guess thats something.

Got a new one on my forehead, pretty small already came to a head I popped it. One side of my face is really red, I don't know why kinda of frustrating. Once my rash goes away (it improved a lot again last night, I think I am gonna try that stuff again).

Maybe you had a allergic reaction to the Eurcin. But as far as the acne goes i myself wasn't completely satisfied until around month 2 when things started looking better. But everyone is different and don't look down at looking at the mirror it will get better after time.

Did you get redness? Did it eventually go away? Maybe it because of sun? Even though its winter and I am not out much maybe that is still the reason? My face is like bright red. My acne is doing great right now. If I have any pimples I can't see them. I go back to the dermatologist on Thursday. I got to get my blood work done on Tuesday, and more then likely I am being jumped up to 80 MG (From 60 MG). But I would really like to get rid of the redness.

Did you get redness? Did it eventually go away? Maybe it because of sun? Even though its winter and I am not out much maybe that is still the reason? My face is like bright red. My acne is doing great right now. If I have any pimples I can't see them. I go back to the dermatologist on Thursday. I got to get my blood work done on Tuesday, and more then likely I am being jumped up to 80 MG (From 60 MG). But I would really like to get rid of the redness.

I was also very red while on acctuane-I know others that complained about it as well. It went away after completed the course. I believe yours will also go away after you finish the accutane. The fact you have no more outbreaks is a good sign-mine didn't completely clear until after finishing the course. I'm sure your derm can also see the redness-I don't think it's an allergic reaction to anything other than you have very dry skin-irritation more than likely

it is just frustrating, I don't like going out. It looks so bad. I got 3 weeks left in first semester then 3 weeks off which will take me to mid janurary, my course is only a 20 week course so at that point I should be half way done, thank good.

I hate going out with this red of skin. Its embrassing. I can't wait till I can wake up in the morning look in the mirror and be happy.

Redness has gone down a lot but I believe its due to the fact i had to spread out my pills and only used 30 MG the past 3 days before my appointmnet today. She kept me at 60 MG because my lips were so chapped, she said they be bleediing. But she said if my lips improve within the next appointmnet I will jump up to 80 MG. My face is really dry, but its cool. I figure I can go through hell for these next few months if my face looks great after.

She also suggested that I start taking Vitamin E, I am already taking Vitiam C.

So now it will look like I am popping pills; 2 accutane pills a day, 1 vitamin c, 1 vitamin E. But Vitamins are good for you so I guess it won't be a complete waste.

I went to pick up my prescription and it wasnt there, so I am going to have to go the night with accutane.