Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pepe

Am I a good candidate for Punch Excision

Any comments or suggestion would be appreciated. I am consdiering doing Punch Excision very soon. This is my left cheek btw.

post-86794-1225165700_thumb.jpg

post-86794-1225165742_thumb.jpg

post-86794-1225165700_thumb.jpg

post-86794-1225165742_thumb.jpg

Any comments or suggestion would be appreciated. I am consdiering doing Punch Excision very soon. This is my left cheek btw.

Hello Dear,

I think you should go for collagen injection as you will get immediate results.Though this injection will last from 9 months to one year.

Secondly instead of punch excision you should go for sbcision by needle.Though punch excision will also correct this condition but with needle subcision you don't need any further treatment and your skin become normal as time will pass.

After puching technique there will be marks of punches and you need further laser treatment to remove these marks.

Though final decision would be of your dermatologist,you should also explore this option as well.

Nadia

Hi Pepe, due to your tissue loss, I would not recommend punch excision for your scars. Punch excision would remove even more tissue leaving you with the appearance of deeper dents. As nadiarashid suggested, look into subscision with a filler, such as collagen. With subscision and filler you should see remarkable improvement.

Thanks for the replies. I just had punch excision done about 2 hrs ago and it was not too bad. I will post pics later.

Both of them punched out. Anesthesia is wearing off and it's begining to hurt.

Ive had many punch and scalpel excisions, it was never painful afterward. Sometimes a slight tingle or pulling sensation, but never pain. Then again, everyone is different. If you still feel pain in the morning, give your doc a call. Last thing you need is an infection..

Ive had many punch and scalpel excisions, it was never painful afterward. Sometimes a slight tingle or pulling sensation, but never pain. Then again, everyone is different. If you still feel pain in the morning, give your doc a call. Last thing you need is an infection..

I used the ward "hurt" to loosly. It's like a tingling sensation. Like a 1 on a 1-10 pain scale. I will report tommorow morning.

I used the ward "hurt" to loosly. It's like a tingling sensation. Like a 1 on a 1-10 pain scale. I will report tommorow morning.

ah, okay, what your experiencing sounds normal.. :D i wish you the best and look forward to hearing about your results. Happy healing! :D

Woke up today with no pain whatsoever. So far I am very pleased with the results. I will post pics later when I change bandages.

Here is a pic about 48 hrs after the procedure. I am far from finished. I need some kind of resurfacing now. BTW, more stitching was used on the left scar due being very close to the fold when I smile.

post-86794-1225507487_thumb.jpg

post-86794-1225508218_thumb.jpg

post-86794-1225508349_thumb.jpg

post-86794-1225507487_thumb.jpg

post-86794-1225508218_thumb.jpg

post-86794-1225508349_thumb.jpg

Can you please post pics like a month form now.

I'm really curious about your results.

I hope it tunrs out really well!!!!!

They are going off on Tuesday of next week.

Thanks for your quick response. I was also wondering, but forgot to ask... were you advised to keep the excisions dry? or is it okay to wash your face (gently) as usual? thanks.

One doc told me it was okay to get it wet a day after surgery and another who told me to keep it dry while the stitches were still in...they both healed well, either way.

AutumnGlow can you post your pics please, I have also posted a question about what excision is, is it where they cut your scar and just sew it back up, how did this work for you and how much did it cost for u and PePe please respond too. Thanks. O in louisiana any chance either of you are, need to find a Dr.

AutumnGlow can you post your pics please, I have also posted a question about what excision is, is it where they cut your scar and just sew it back up, how did this work for you and how much did it cost for u and PePe please respond too. Thanks. O in Louisiana any chance either of you are, need to find a Dr.

im sorry LSU, my excisions were last year and I don't have any pictures.

Yes, excision is cutting out the scar, either with a scalpel or a punch tool. Both types are then sewn up with stitches. Usually the stitches are kept in for approx. 5-7 days. After, it will take a few months for the area lose the slight redness and to mature.

I have had some excisions turn out nicely(very faint linear scar) the very first time and some that had to be redone due to improper healing or crappy stitching by a subpar doc. The cost varies per doctor. I have paid as low as $100 per excision to a whopping $600. From what i have heard somewhere between $100-$300 per excision is the fairly close the average cost.

I'm sorry I cannot recommend a doc in Louisiana, as I'm from the Chicago area.

Thanks for writing back, I imagine trading one scar for a smaller one is o.k. w/ me. Can I ask why you have had it done w/ diff. docs.

They are going off on Tuesday of next week.

Thanks for your quick response. I was also wondering, but forgot to ask... were you advised to keep the excisions dry? or is it okay to wash your face (gently) as usual? thanks.

One doc told me it was okay to get it wet a day after surgery and another who told me to keep it dry while the stitches were still in...they both healed well, either way.

I was told by the PS to go ahead and wash my face.