Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So next week I am going to start tane. Let me tell you what they make it really discouraging thing to do!! Beside the side effects drs make it so hard. Not to mention most people with acne are too embarrassed to argue with their dr's about what's right and it especially sucks if you cant pay for it. Well I am getting 120 20mg pills. I have read a bit about low dose's working than it seems like everyone switches to a high dose anyways. Well i'm paying quite a bit for 140$ for 120 20mg pills but honestly it seems worth it.

I've had acne since 15 got it oversea's in the most dirty country you know ;)... worth it I guess but I have some scars... um lets just say im not proud of. anyone who has them I think knows the feeling? well seriously I have pretty depressed just with the way things are really all around me plus this it's like sometimes I feel like there aint much worth living for :boohoo: ... haha but of course life has it's wonderful suprises.

DAY FOUR

I would classify my face as moderate acne. It's just sooo oily haha. I guess this makes me a good canidate for accutane!

well let me tell you it has been FOUR DAYS since I started taking it and my skin looks 50% better than normal today. I am ecstatic. If it keeps going this way I will decide to just live with my scars and never have to stay inside because i'm to embarrassed to be seen again!

Update: scars redmarks still there but the reduction in oiliness is evident

DAY 7

Wow this is just a beatiful drug for acne. I have heard a lot of people say it's not effective in these doses (20mgs a day) but it has been one week and of course my skins not perfect but that initial redness has begun to die down and I am seeing some really nice improvement- especially considering the time frame! so should I stay on the low dose or go up to 40.... hmmm

ss

DAY 24

not sure if any one is still reading this. but im still on 20mgs a day day 24 noticed some side affects and have a few times considered stopping. but still going 6 days till im 1/4 done with my treatment!

day 26... bodies adjusting. I had a new breakout this morning but still think my skin looks sooo much better than it did two weeks ago. once these big guys clear up (any advice to speedy healing?) i'll be all set and feel confident :)

And remember you can do a low dose. if ur derm says it doesnt work ask him to try it. It wont work for everyone but I am a 160 pound male on 20mgs a day. IT WORKS. I am a dark skinned cacausioin with oily skin.

hey im also on 20mg, and im roughly 38 days into my course, and have noticed amazing results!! so i definatly agree that low doses work. i probably had morderate acne to begin with and had heaps of scarring and extremely oily skin. now its not oily at all, and today i only have 1 blemish. i think my derm mentioned i could go up to 40mg per day at my 3rd month appointment but to be honest if im having such great results at 20mg i dont see the point so might just stay on 20mg. glad to see other people having great results on low doses, it really does work. good luck for the rest of your treatment.

Carol

Visit My Accutane Log