Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
B-rit

RETIN-A MICRO: Took the Dip, Now it's time for the Plunge!

oh btw brit, i just that got clindamycin lotion blah, but she said next time in march shell give me a retinoid for my comedonal acne if clidamycin doesnt help. im like ahh! so i dunno howll thatll go

and omgu8, everyone has problems dealing with their skin :wall: whether its severe or mild. it depends on the persons self image of themselves. She's tried a lot of other things that haven't worked, so if she wants to go on accutane thats her and her Doctors decision...he should know if the retin A is working or not. Just try not to be so hard on ppl, cause u dunno what its like to be in their shoes.

I just deleted all the pics off the log--- I just don't want to deal with people classifying my acne anymore.

Hey Meagain! How do you like the Clindamycin lotion so far? I felt like it never did much...good or bad.

Since being off of RAM for a few days now my skin has calmed down a lot. I am pretty scared about going on accutane, so we will see if i actually go through it. I just wish the birth control I was taking would solve the problem.

Emotionally I am doing much better... god I hate being a girl, and I hate hormones. Yeah I may be over-dramatizing everything but I cant help it. The BCPs seem to be helping a little.

its good, its pretty much stopped my inflammed acne,...just one inflammed pimple right now :) but i still have loads of comedonal acne bleh and red marks. i wouldnt think ur IB should be bad on accutane cause ur pores r prob cleaned out with retin A right? i dunno makes sense to me haha

I just deleted all the pics off the log--- I just don't want to deal with people classifying my acne anymore.

Hey Meagain! How do you like the Clindamycin lotion so far? I felt like it never did much...good or bad.

Since being off of RAM for a few days now my skin has calmed down a lot. I am pretty scared about going on accutane, so we will see if i actually go through it. I just wish the birth control I was taking would solve the problem.

Emotionally I am doing much better... god I hate being a girl, and I hate hormones. Yeah I may be over-dramatizing everything but I cant help it. The BCPs seem to be helping a little.

What dose of accutane is the derm putting you on?

What dose of accutane is the derm putting you on?

I am not sure yet... I still have to get my blood drawn and then my appointment to get the accutane is on the 16th of Jan. I am going to suggest a very low dose...which I am assuming he would as well given my size and the type of acne I have.

It's a shame you never tried an antibacterial topical w/ the Retin-A before giving up on it. I still think Retin-A is the way to go as your skin really doesn't grow resistant to it and it seems to result in the betterment of nearly everyone's acne after a few months.

Let me tell you, up until about a week ago when I got benzaclin, my skin was fucking HELL. Take all the acne you have on your face and put it into one small area of your chin and that was how bad a small section of my face was. EVERY SINGLE time I touched my face, I felt a new whitehead forming. Literally, I would have 5+ whiteheads forming every day. Each night they would break while I was sleeping (if I didn't pop them) and I had a new, crusty pimple the next morning. After two weeks of this my face was covered in crusty pimples. I was disgusted by myself.. less than a week of benzaclin and it's all nearly gone. Now Retin-A is completely tolerable and I'll stay on this stuff for a year if I have to to see results.

It's a shame you never tried an antibacterial topical w/ the Retin-A before giving up on it. I still think Retin-A is the way to go as your skin really doesn't grow resistant to it and it seems to result in the betterment of nearly everyone's acne after a few months.

Let me tell you, up until about a week ago when I got benzaclin, my skin was fucking HELL. Take all the acne you have on your face and put it into one small area of your chin and that was how bad a small section of my face was. EVERY SINGLE time I touched my face, I felt a new whitehead forming. Literally, I would have 5+ whiteheads forming every day. Each night they would break while I was sleeping (if I didn't pop them) and I had a new, crusty pimple the next morning. After two weeks of this my face was covered in crusty pimples. I was disgusted by myself.. less than a week of benzaclin and it's all nearly gone. Now Retin-A is completely tolerable and I'll stay on this stuff for a year if I have to to see results.

I did try an antibacterial topical with RAM... i was on it for a total of five months, and it did nothing. Honestly I hated RAM...every day was hell! i never had one good day out of the about three months I was on it. It turned my baby soft skin into plastic skin, and my face started to scar. I have never experienced scaring (even when I had cystic acne two years ago).. and now my face is covered in little ice pick scars. My face never stopped breaking out and it itched like crazy. Its not for everyone, that I know now. I am glad it worked for you though- thats awesome that you found the perfect combination.

I start accutane on Friday and i can't wait!! Then my derma told me 6 months after I stop taking accutane we can begin to work on the damage that RAM had with some scar treatments.

hey, i know i said id keep you updated on my retin a micro ummm journey? haha. well, i've been taking it since last october and i've been relatively acne free for the past month. my red marks are fading well. Right now I have one little teeny tiny blemish on my cheek. but yeah! other than that. things are looking good. my skins wicked smooth. its sweet!

the IB was absolutely miserable though and lasted for a couple months. i just wanted to give up. i haaated my derm. haha. wanted to kill that little guy! jk but im ridiculously stubborn and i stuck with it. haha.

Soo...

What I use for stufff, my regimen, is:

Morning: Olay Facial Wash for Sensitive Skin (Comes in this little squirt bottle, like one squirt is great). Pat dry. Thenn Olay lotion for sensitive skin with SPF 15.

Night: Olay Facial Wash for Sensitive skin againn, pat dry, olay lotion, then RAM. Sometimes I wait a few minutes before applying the RAM, sometimes I just put it right over the lotion. I honestly don't think it matters.

So thats it!

Oh! And for makeup, because with all those red marks I definitely needed it! I've found that Clinique works great. When I was at my worst (flaking all over the place) I started off using Bare Minerals. It was awful! My mom kept asking me if my face hurt, genuinely concerned. It looked that bad. Flaking all over. All red and irritated. Just plain bad. Then I was going on this date with this guyy... and I didnt want to have to worry about my skin issues while I was on my dateee. (It was mid December) So I took a trip to the mall and found this nice little lady who I bought this great new foundation frommm...

I used Superbalanced, which restores moisture where you need it, and soaks up that excess. I swear, it was like made for RAM patients. I applied it with this nice little brush I bought from Target for like five bucks. Oh! And their concealer rocks! So I really suggest that. It covers really well.

I just recently bought Clinique's Superfit instead of Superbalanced. It has better staying power and I haven't noticed a huge difference in dryness or anything like that. I like ittt.

I think Bare Minerals is great, just a little too rough for the sensitive skin that RAM gave me.

Any questions or anything just send me a message!