Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
munsoned

Punch Excision in New Jersey

Anybody know any good plastic surgeons who perform punch excision in New Jersey?? I am having a hard time finding any. I know about dr. rapaport who I have spoken to in person at an evaluation. but its like $2000+ per session and I would need 2. thats the problem with him, its all or nothing. I need to find somebody who can do this at a reasonable price and I am able to get a scar done here and there. Appreciate any help.

Anybody know any good plastic surgeons who perform punch excision in New Jersey?? I am having a hard time finding any. I know about dr. rapaport who I have spoken to in person at an evaluation. but its like $2000+ per session and I would need 2. thats the problem with him, its all or nothing. I need to find somebody who can do this at a reasonable price and I am able to get a scar done here and there. Appreciate any help.

Hi Munsoned,

You can go to any plastic surgeon. Cutting and stitching is the first thing that they learn. I went to a reconstructive plastic surgeon last September who did a scalpel excision. He used layered sutures so that it wouldn't sink back in. Since it was for only one scar (I wanted to see what the resulting scar from the procedure would look like), he charged $200. If I get all of the deep scars on my forehead and cheeks done it will be around $1,400.00, which is $100.00 per scar. I could probably get it done for less but I feel it is important to go to a good plastic surgeon.

The excision (of a very deep boxcar with tissue loss) left a thin linear scar that looks kind of like a wrinkle in the palm of your hand. It isn't noticable unless you are very close and looking for it. The doctor said that, if I felt I needed it, 1 laser sesson would blend it and any other excision scars in with the surrounding skin as far as color and texture go. But I'm okay with this one as it is since it is not at all noticable like the original scar was.

I found him by looking on the internet for plastic surgeons in my area and then I started sending out e-mails. He personally responded and answered all of my questions.

Jan31

Hi Munsoned,

You can go to any plastic surgeon. Cutting and stitching is the first thing that they learn. I went to a reconstructive plastic surgeon last September who did a scalpel excision. He used layered sutures so that it wouldn't sink back in. Since it was for only one scar (I wanted to see what the resulting scar from the procedure would look like), he charged $200. If I get all of the deep scars on my forehead and cheeks done it will be around $1,400.00, which is $100.00 per scar. I could probably get it done for less but I feel it is important to go to a good plastic surgeon.

The excision (of a very deep boxcar with tissue loss) left a thin linear scar that looks kind of like a wrinkle in the palm of your hand. It isn't noticable unless you are very close and looking for it. The doctor said that, if I felt I needed it, 1 laser sesson would blend it and any other excision scars in with the surrounding skin as far as color and texture go. But I'm okay with this one as it is since it is not at all noticable like the original scar was.

I found him by looking on the internet for plastic surgeons in my area and then I started sending out e-mails. He personally responded and answered all of my questions.

Jan31

January31 it was one of your posts that got me thinking about this. I have quite a few deep large scars that can only benifit from this I feel.

Obviously the guidance on how to approach this step is greatly appreciated and so is hearing you're personal experience. I hope to be able to post positive feedback of my own sooner then later. I'll start finding local plastic surgeons and sending out emails.

Peace..

He wanted to charge $2000 for the excision or was it the excision plus laser treatments? Was he at least willing to do the excision? What type of scars do you have and where?

I'm curious about this procedure too. Is this something that is best for one or two deep isolated scars? Cn these performed anywhere on the face? What about scars below the ear, the tissue on the neck is thin? I guess I should email some docs too.

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just thinking out loud I guess.

Please keep us updated.

He wanted to charge $2000 for the excision or was it the excision plus laser treatments? Was he at least willing to do the excision? What type of scars do you have and where?

I'm curious about this procedure too. Is this something that is best for one or two deep isolated scars? Cn these performed anywhere on the face? What about scars below the ear, the tissue on the neck is thin? I guess I should email some docs too.

Please keep us updated.

He wanted to charge$2000+ for subcision and laser. My plan was to just get the subcision for $850 but he said without laser to not expect much. He basicly made it sound worthless without laser. He did not even mention excision. I have all kinds of scars on both cheeks and my fore head. I'm sure they can pretty much do the procedure on any part of the face. even below the ear or whatever. just curious, are you in new jersey?? just asking because we could help eachother find somebody possibly.

later bro..

Please keep us updated.

He wanted to charge$2000+ for subcision and laser. My plan was to just get the subcision for $850 but he said without laser to not expect much. He basicly made it sound worthless without laser. He did not even mention excision. I have all kinds of scars on both cheeks and my fore head. I'm sure they can pretty much do the procedure on any part of the face. even below the ear or whatever. just curious, are you in new jersey?? just asking because we could help eachother find somebody possibly.

later bro..

You might want to try TCA Cross for your scars also. You can look up a lot of info about it on this forum.

I have read comments here from other people about how Dr. Rappaport charges too much money. Oddly enought, though, I haven't read postings here from anyone who has actually been treated by him for anything... :think:

You might want to try TCA Cross for your scars also. You can look up a lot of info about it on this forum.

I have read comments here from other people about how Dr. Rappaport charges too much money. Oddly enought, though, I haven't read postings here from anyone who has actually been treated by him for anything... :think:

I have been checking out tca on ebay recently. I did tca years ago without much success but my diet and so fourth is much better now which would make a difference. I will probably try it again on just a few scars. not get carried away with the stuff you know. This week I want to have contacted a local surgeon or two. Thats my first step to moving forward.

Thanks again.

I had subscion and Fraxel Restore with Dr Rap.

Let me start out by saying I kind of rushed into things because I had 2 weeks off and I knew if I wanted to do something that it would have to be done at that time. I checked out a few derms but they were hard to get an appointment with. Rap was easy to get an appointment with (that's not to say his office isn't busy, it is) and the free consultation was nice (good for his business too).

I can see why a lot of people don't like him. First of all the prices are high. I don't how much cheaper similar treatment is in the area but I'm sure many derms charge less. I had time constraints and I was in a rush to get something done so i couldn't really shop around.

Secondly, he's a bit aloof. He let's you talk, he doesn't say a whole lot. The thing I learned with him is, you have to have questions ready. If you ask him questions he answers them, but he's not there to explain every little thing to you if you don't ask. He's the only dermatologist I have gone to for acne scars, but he's similar to the other dermatologists I've gone to in my life, they all were pretty aloof. Other than that I think he's ok. We don't go to our derms to have chats, we go to get results.

That brings me to the most important thing, was the treatment effective. Well I think he did the best he could. I'm pretty satisfied, but I might want to get CO2. I had a lot of shallow scarring, with a few deep ones. There really wasn't a single area to focus on so I think subscion plus fraxel restore was probably a good start for me. I know my skin looks better, the scars just seem softer and the skin tone is more even. Everyone wants a number to judge the improvement by, but it's so hard to say. I'll go with between 25-35%. I'm glad I had it done.

If you have a lot of bunched up scarring I don't think something like excision is possible. I think excision is for individual scars. I have too many scars too close together to do a bunh of excisions. However, there is 1 or 2 deep scars that I may look into excising. I haven't spoken to Rap about excision.

By the way, for what it's worth, Dr Rap is named one of the metropolitan areas best Drs in the 2008 edition of New York Magazine and his specialty is listed as acne scars. I don't buy too much into those surveys, but at least it lets you know that people in the field think well of him and that he's not a total quack.

http://nymag.com/bestdoctors/

Click on dermatology. The Drs are listed alphabetically.

So overall, I give Dr Rap a thumbs up, but its definitley worthwhile to shop around if you have the time.

Thanks for the info pogo. By the way I dont need a derm I need a surgeon. but thanks anyways. I cant afford dr. rapaport. its just that simple. I was on this forum atleast 7 years ago when dr. rapaport was the rave. I spoke to several people who were treated by him. I followed there whole proccess from the pre treatment to many months post treatment. I wont knock dr. rapaport thou I feel you could rightfully knock him a bit but its pointless. I'm just concerned with moving forward and getting the most bang for my buck. I have scars bunched together. scared pores and the whole 9 yards. If I try to think how I can improve all my scars its overwhelming and is the vwrong approach. I'm just focues on my deepest scars. I'm going to first find a good plastic surgeon who can do excision for a good price.

by the way I'm glad you got some results from your treatment. any positive improvement is a good thing.

I have no problem with people criticizing Dr Rap but I don't think people should totally disregard him. He is definitley a Dr that people should consider, but as everyone knows his prices are high. I do think he prefers to include laser treatments with everything he does. Whether that's because he feels that's the best treatment or that's what makes him the most money is a question for debate.

It sounds like you might have have some rolling scars. You said they are all bunched up and you have them on your cheek. I don't know anything about excision but I didn't think it was for that type of scarring. I'm curious to hear what doctors say when you go see them.

Have you been to any other dermatologists besides Rapport? What type of scarring do they say you have? How sever do they say it is?

Please keep us updated on your search for a good doctor that does excision in NJ. I'm curious about the procedure as well.

Where in NJ are you: north, south central? I might be able to to a little online research and we can compare notes.

I have no problem with people criticizing Dr Rap but I don't think people should totally disregard him. He is definitley a Dr that people should consider, but as everyone knows his prices are high. I do think he prefers to include laser treatments with everything he does. Whether that's because he feels that's the best treatment or that's what makes him the most money is a question for debate.

It sounds like you might have have some rolling scars. You said they are all bunched up and you have them on your cheek. I don't know anything about excision but I didn't think it was for that type of scarring. I'm curious to hear what doctors say when you go see them.

Have you been to any other dermatologists besides Rapport? What type of scarring do they say you have? How sever do they say it is?

Please keep us updated on your search for a good doctor that does excision in NJ. I'm curious about the procedure as well.

Where in NJ are you: north, south central? I might be able to to a little online research and we can compare notes.

I will get excision for my deepest scars. most of my deepest scars are spread out. Ive been to many dermatologists. I have a variety of scaring. I would say 5-8 large scars that only a treatment like excision will accomplish anything on. the rest are hard to treat. I'm just focusing on my largest scars that will benifit from excision. basicly one thing at a time. I will start by simply finding a surgeon and focusing on getting the largest scar treated and work from there. I live in northern central jersey area. near bridgewater ect... It would be great if we can both search. just increases our odds of getting this done.

Later...

Thanks for the info pogo. By the way I dont need a derm I need a surgeon. but thanks anyways. I cant afford dr. rapaport. its just that simple. I was on this forum atleast 7 years ago when dr. rapaport was the rave. I spoke to several people who were treated by him. I followed there whole proccess from the pre treatment to many months post treatment. I wont knock dr. rapaport thou I feel you could rightfully knock him a bit but its pointless. I'm just concerned with moving forward and getting the most bang for my buck. I have scars bunched together. scared pores and the whole 9 yards. If I try to think how I can improve all my scars its overwhelming and is the vwrong approach. I'm just focues on my deepest scars. I'm going to first find a good plastic surgeon who can do excision for a good price.

by the way I'm glad you got some results from your treatment. any positive improvement is a good thing.

I am sure you can find a compassionate doctor who is just as good, if not better, for much less money than what Saint Dr. Rapaport, :angel: God bless him for his humane understanding and "innovation" in TCA Cross, would charge you...

I am sure you can find a compassionate doctor who is just as good, if not better, for much less money than what Saint Dr. Rapaport, :angel: God bless him for his humane understanding and "innovation" in TCA Cross, would charge you...

I hear that January. But yeah theres a dr. who is right for the job I need done. I am on a mission to find him and I will.

P.S. s500 if you read this I tried to reply to your message but your inbox is full. I'll try to reply again at some point.

Hi

How bad is your scars? if not too large, i think needling will work better. Look up transitions day spa, that's where i got my done. I havent gone back but i'll plan. Btw, i am in hackettstown not too far. I know papag got his excision & fat transfer with Dr Ganchi at wayne. Please im me maybe we'll journey together to the inevitable.lol

bump*

any updates? I am planning on Dr Rap for excision as well...sent him a message from his website, but have not yet recieved a reply...is it easy to get in touch with him by phone?

Thanks

bump*

any updates? I am planning on Dr Rap for excision as well...sent him a message from his website, but have not yet recieved a reply...is it easy to get in touch with him by phone?

Thanks

I have not gotton excision done yet. I am doing some at home treatments right now. you can find surgeons to do this procedure for less then dr. ripoffaport does.

I am pretty sure I know where I will be getting my excision done. I plan on getting atleast one scar done over ther winter. within the next month or two. I plan on updating this post when I actually get closer to getting this done.

I don't know about price, but Dr. David Orentreich in New York City did a wonderful job punch grafting inflamed enlarged pores on my nose and cheek many many years ago and they blended well after the first couple months and years later I can't tell where some of them were. At the time, because the pores were termed something along the lines of inflamed sebaceous gland? insuance paid. Worth thinking about.