Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TeKniQz

Any Hormonal Treatmens for boys?

Ya so im 16, and acne has alot to do wit my hormones

any pill for the boy to balance them?

Unfortunately I don't think there are many more treatments available for men suffering with acne that extends beyond the usual topical and oral treatments that are given to both men and women.

What about Roaccutane? I know you make a point of saying about yours is hormonal but I think Roaccuane may still be an option. You do not mention how bad your acne is, but if it is severe and other treatments have not worked then this is usually the final stage for people (both men and women) who are suffering. It is a very very effective treatment, but you should err on the side of caution as it is infamous for the side effects it can have on some people.

My advice would be to look into Roaccutane and make an appointment to discuss it with your GP, who then should refer you to a dermatologist.

Good Luck

This is not very well known but accutane actually will effect your hormones...it can lower your androgens, so I'm not sure teen guys should take this stuff. At least wait until you have finished growing.