Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AllieJay

eyeliner trouble

So i put on eyeliner in the morning and it looks good

then two hours later its all over my face

what are some good tips for keeping my eyeliner in place (i have oily skin...)

it could be the brand your using?

Or if its a pen or a liquid eyeliner?

Or are you putting it on the inside of your eye or on the brim of your eye lashes?

it could be the brand your using?

Or if its a pen or a liquid eyeliner?

Or are you putting it on the inside of your eye or on the brim of your eye lashes?

i use on the brim of my eyelashes

the pencil i use for the bottom is wet n wild kohl eyeliner

The only way eye makeup lasts for me on my oily skin is if I use:

Urban Decay Primer Potion - amazing stuff!

Or for just eyeliner - MAC liquid last liner

well if you use it on the brim of your eyelashes and its a pencil it will become flaky in the day and drop onto your face underneath.

You should try either getting a smoother pencil and try putting it more on the inside of your eye. Liquid eyeliners are really good as well they stay in place longer....ive found anyway.

hope this all helps

^ I believe liquid liner will be way worse if the OP is complaining of oily eyelids, I would steer clear of this for sure. Also, putting it on the inner part of your lower lid will fade incredibly quickly as you will.. well, be blinking.

I second Siouxsie's reccomendation on MAC's liquid last liner.

I used to have a similar problem to you, but I bought a cheap eyeliner, N.Y.C Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil. It really stays put for me. If I don't do one eye at a time, I can't even get it to smudge because it sets. It's really cheap, so it's worth a shot. I bought mine at Wal-Mart in Smoky Plum.

I had the same problem but I found that if I use Bare Canvas ( one of the paints from mac ) as a primer first and then use their liquid gel eyeliner with an eyeliner brush it stays on all day.

I suggest MAC's and Bobbi Brown's gel eyeliners. They pretty much stay put and true to color all day. If you really want a pencil that is better at staying then avoid Khol's. Some recs include:

Revlon Colorstay

Prestige Waterproof

Almay 16hr

Just be sure to use a good eye makeup remover.

:)

Urban Decay Primer Potion is a good remedy for this but it's mainly for the eyelid, not so much the under eye area where ur lashes are.

Like some of the other gals, I recommend either MAC Fluidlines or L'Oreal HIP Color Truth Creme Eyeliner. i'm only too and if i use a pencil, i smudge like it's nobody's business. but when i use these, they stay put and the color payoff is awesome..

Guest kiwikali♥☼

I used to have that problem too... but now I have worked out a pretty good system to keep it in place all day. First I just use a pencil liner so I can have sort of a guideline for the liquid. Then I use MUFE waterproof liquid eyeliner (which is amazing), wait for it to dry, and then put Benefit Shelaq over it. This works really well and it withstands smudging, water, and crying. :) Benefit creaseless cream shadow/liner is also a really good long lasting eye shadow. Ahh I love Sephora "]

Kohl eyeliners will definitely smudge even if you have non-oily skin. They aren't that good anyway unless you want to create smudge looks.

I suggest getting MAC's fluidline- this stuff is amazing!

However it still smudge on me after about 7 hours of wear. This is what I do to make it really stay:

1) line my eyes with MAC fluidline

2) Line black eyeshadow over the MAC fluidline.

3) Lastly, apply benefit's she laq over where the eyeliner is.

I gurantee this will stay on without smudging at all, it won't budge until you remove it with a strong eye makeup remover - I tried it and this works plus I have very oily lids!

Urban Decay Primer Potion is a good remedy for this but it's mainly for the eyelid, not so much the under eye area where ur lashes are.

I put it along the edge of my lashes (not the inside waterline though) where I apply eyeliner & it works great :shrug:. Even fluidline wears off on me quickly. Only liquidlast lasts without a primer.

Oh yeah, and as someone mentioned, MAC paints work well as a "primer" also, but nothing beats UDPP for me.

I put it along the edge of my lashes (not the inside waterline though) where I apply eyeliner & it works great :shrug:. Even fluidline wears off on me quickly. Only liquidlast lasts without a primer.

Oh yeah, and as someone mentioned, MAC paints work well as a "primer" also, but nothing beats UDPP for me.

I use the paintpot as my primer but only for my eyeshadow and it works pretty good. It can't last the whole day but at least for about 6 hours. She laq is the one that really holds everything in place without creasing.

Anyway fluidline also wears off on me quickly as well- I have the most difficult eyes to work with, not only are they oily, they fold in together so there is a tendency for my eyeliner to run against the skin of my upper lid, really terrible, I had to go through so many eyeliner and products before working out the best solution.

I'm taking all of this into consideration

first im going to go the easiest route and apply LOTS of eyeliner and see if it stays

and if that does not work i will buy another brand (cheap walmart stuff)

and if that doesnt do the trick i will run to sephora and check out the urban decay because i bought a green eyeliner from them once and it was fantastic

I have really oily skin & the same problem. Normally pencils will do that, smudge, smudge, smudge. Might want to use primer and powder before applying the liner.

Also, contrary to someone mentioning liquid liners & oily skin, I found that is what works best for me. I have recently started using Lancome liquid liner because of it's reviews and love it, easy to fix if you make a mistake but stays on all day. I mean ALL day too.

So good luck, I feel your frustration.

I don't know if you are in the uk but my daughter uses a liquid eyeliner by GOSH and I use a pencil eyliner by ELITE (Stage Permanent eyeliner) both are available at Superdrug.

I put it along the edge of my lashes (not the inside waterline though) where I apply eyeliner & it works great :shrug:

interesting...thats good to know..... ;)

When doing shows, I often have to wear eyeliner. Sometimes the sweat when dancing can cause issues. I discovered that Maybelline has made a Water Proof Liquid Eyeliner that works wonders. It doesn't smudge, smear, or run so those less than lovely dark circles around the eyes can be avoided. Remember to remove extra liquid from the applicator's tip to avoid runs caused by excess eyeliner. Hope that helps!

The only way eye makeup lasts for me on my oily skin is if I use:

Urban Decay Primer Potion - amazing stuff!

Or for just eyeliner - MAC liquid last liner

Word. :cool:

This will earn me no man points whatsoever, but i've done some photo shoots and i've found that if you lightly spray your eyes (obviously when they're closed) with hairspray, that eyeliner will literally stick to your face and hold for hours, though it is a motherfucker to wash off.

I've never found it interfere with my skin but for caution try and avoid spraying the entire area of your face, try this.

1. First, apply the first coat as usual (haven't used liquid as I find it too runny, so these steps are more associated with pencils)

2. Spray the tip of the pencil with hairspray.

3. Quickly apply a light second coat, make sure it doesn't get in your eyes though because it stings, once again, like a motherfucker, and you will also look silly if your eyes leak as you will look like a blind Panda.

i also have oily lids and pencil doesn't stay on me for too long either. i would agree with the others who suggested liquid. liquid is really scary in the beginning though, i still mess up all the time .. lol... what makes it a little easier for me is starting with short strokes instead of trying to draw a straight line right off the bat. some liquid liners i like are maybelline waterproof and l'oreal felt tip. i also like the jane gel eyeliner. it is really easy to apply, it lasts for almost the whole day, and i like the brush that it comes with.

try using black eyeshadow instead....wet a q-tip or a small brush thing a little and line your eyes as you would with eyeliner...it stays longer and looks better

I tried this the other day and it smudged really badly :think:

Was it the type of eyeshadow I used? (I used "elf")

1. Urban Decay Primer Potion

2. Line with a powder with a flat edged brush

Has worked beautifully for me. I never bothered with eye makeup before I found UDPP, because it was never around for more than an hour. It doesn't matter that your makeup is only on the lash line, the oil from your whole lid s what makes it slide off. Prime the whole lid, it says matte all day and your whole eye stays fresh.