Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fairydust125

What gives you acne?

What do you think is the reason for your acne? The way you eat, genes, the water where you are at? I often wonder if my face would be flawless is i lived somewhere else and a diff. lifestyle.

I know mine comes from my genetics, my mom had a bad case of it when she was younger.I noticed that when I am under constant stress I will break out too.

Mine is more or less under control right now. But I would absolutely, positively develop a cyst if I:

1) Stay up late past midnight - which means no nightlife for me!

2) Have an important date with someone I really like and want to impress - which means I'm doomed to be single all my life!

I think it might be weather for me, at least that's what I'm testing or my lifestyle when I'm at college vs. home. My room is a little stuffy, so I bought a fan to air it out but it doesn't do too much since it's a small one. There is AC going at like 72-74 degrees constantly in my dorm room. I walk a lot more on campus... and is pounded by the blazing sun which makes me sweat... lol I'm not sure, things I'm trying to figure out :P so trying to bring that kind of lifestyle back at home to see if it'll work out.

For me the first one is hormone, my doctor told me that my estrogen is too high which contributes to my adult acne. Then stress and sugar. I've studied abroad for one year, away from my family, all alone without hardly any friend, and in this one year my skin has literally changed 180o, I was clean back then but just in one year my skin has changed into this creature that i don't even know. And every time i have krispy kreme or sugary food I can feel my face starts to itch, the sign of acne storm ahead. I want my old skin back :boohoo:

I seem to get an inflamed pimple every month or 2, not sure from what, maybe hormones? It seems pretty cyclical though. Sugary/processed foods can cause minor breakouts for me but I'm not overly sensitive to foods. Irritation from products in the past is probably the main cause for me, I've made a lot of dumb product decisions and it's made my skin dry/sensitive and more prone. I'm trying to repair my skin now and I'm really hoping I can reverse the damage I've done

genetics

hormones

stress

sleeping habits

touching my face/picking my face

possibly diet but I am clearing up and eating large amounts of junk so it is not a main factor

I am innocent, nope of my parents and sibling have acne problem. I believe mine is due to oily skin, and is kind of weird that nope of them have oily skin except me.

I'd have to say it's a combination of things but I think it's mainly genetic, as both I and my sister have it, and both my parents remember having it. And that's the only way I can explain how people can do the same things/eat the same foods, etc. yet one person will have acne and the other not. Definitely not a matter of cleanliness since as you know even homeless people who don't wash still have clear skin somehow, and it's not just diet since I know people who eat junk and don't breakout. So yeah mainly genetic/hormonal.

Genetics.

I'm unlucky in that I am plagued, like the rest of my family, by acne, but lucky in that I don't seem to be able to aggravate it.

I don't really get stressed easily, but I can get by on 5 hours of sleep while eating anything and still not break out.

While I can't aggravate it, it is constantly moderate and I am presently on Accutane.

I am not 100% sure...but my Mom had it pretty bad when she was young so I'm sure that's why I have it. Her skin was much worse than mine...she had moderate to severe on occassions and developed bad scarring because of it. Mine has always been pretty moderate, but consistant. When I was pregnant both times my skin was perfect...not one pimple, so I know hormones are a factor.

About 2 years ago I stopped using a liquid foundation that was pretty good because they stopped making it. Since then I have tried different makeups and have been using minerals for about a year...well, I think after doing some reading I have come to realize the mineral makeup is not helping my skin! I think the Mica and Bismuth are irritating my skin and adding to the problem...so I found an organic makeup/powder that I just started using...has none of those irritating ingredients so I am really hoping that this will help. I am on the regimen but I think the irritants from the makeup were prohibiting the regimen fromworking properly! So, here's to hoping I see some good results from switching makeups!