Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Witness215

Someone Help (Pictures inside)

Alright, so I'm really not all that sure about what the odd collection of bumps I have are exactly. But today was a pretty bad day, in fact one of the worst looking days I've had in a while, (Had acne for 2 years now) and I really surprised by the way that Vinegar almost highlighted my pimples and spots. So I took pictures....

Now, you'll see I have some scarring, and mild spots, mainly redmarks. What I couldn't seem to capture were these things that look like whiteheads, under my skin. I'm just curious what they are and what I can do. Someone take a look?'

http://www.msnusers.com/Acne-orgpictures

Those are the pics.

-witness

I figure I should mention that I currently use Vinegar and Duac cream. Previously I have used antibiotics, Duac and something else, that I forgot. My acne isn't very bad.

Also, the extreme redness featured here, faded within about 20 minutes, I think it was just the vinegar.

Below my lip you'll see the VERY red irritated spot, that's really all that is, healing bumps, that happen to be very irritated.

-witness

I would suggest exfoliating (if you don't have any products use5-6 aspirin, let them melt in a few drops of water and use the paste as a scrub/mask,leave it on for 5-10 mn) and see how your skin looks afterwards...Looks like they are whitehaeds though

Have you tried Hydrogen Peroxide. Someone told me it wasn't good but I actually tried it and worked, it is stronger than vinegar so it might dry you out a bit. I read the hydrogen peroxide thing at another website in which a lot of people gave this a try and it helped clear them up. If interested let me know and I'll tell you how.

Are you using vinegar full strength? I've found that it helps to soak a piece of paper towel in it and keep it pressed against the spot for a few minutes. The head of the zit may turn a bit whiteish and the redness may be brightend a bit, but that is only temporary and will go back down in a few minutes. That happens to me too so no worries there.

<<k give m e a fuken break, thats not acne that like pussy hormones, don't complain about the pussy shit.>>

Hey, what a really great posting name for someone who acts just like a kid. Check it out kid, just because someone has a better condition than YOU, doesn't mean that it's "good" or in your method of displaying your full grip on adjectives "pussy-shit". I'm sorry some girl broke your heart because you look like shit, take it out on her, or ask her friend out. Don't be a bitch.

-witness

Well said...

But seriously though ur acne isnt bad at all, very very mild.... I honestly think the vinegar would help you a lot, it dries the skin and u can actually see the dried up oil built up shrink and fall out of the pores... Just use the vinegar as a toner a couple of times a day (2-4) and for the very few red bumps u have, just hold the vinegar on it for a while like someone suggested.

You need to shave though lol tongue.gif jokes

First things first,

DO NOT USE HYDROGEN PEROXIDE ON YOUR FACIAL SKIN. It can cause free radical cell damage and is not recommended at all. Stay away from it.

Secondly, the things you are describing are Milia. They look like whiteheads but are only very visible when you pull your skin taut etc. You can get Milia extraction from a derm, but to be honest I'd just start exfoliating. Get either a BHA product or C&C Blackhead Clearing Scrub (rub VERY VERY gently). I don't know much about BHA products, so perhaps someone else could give some advice here.

Vinegar is a good toner and will help with your red marks, but be sure you don't get it near your eye area.

<<You need to shave though lol tongue.gif jokes>>

I know right? Haha, I figured, hell...if I'm gonna post my acne online, it's not like I'm posing for the most flattering of pictures.

Anyway thanks Mr. Keys, my dumb ass derm (for some reason they always make me see the newbie straight out of college) doesn't know what they are and prescribes things that make me so red it looks like I was gang beaten by brick bats. I no longer go to her.

As for anyone I may have offended, (besides Kid) I'm sorry if I made my case seem like it's the worst on the board. But as many of know (mild or severe acne sufferers) psychologically, YOUR acne is the worst in the world and the most noticible. Thanks again for the advice guys, it helped give me a better perspective on my own case. Take care

-witness