Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PaulyD

Any bad experience and how do u get foundation off?

Any one have bad experiences of putting make up on acne? Did it provoke it? Or did it make any thing worse?

Also, I started putting some foundation on my affected area lol and don't know how to take it off? Do i buy those make up swipe things? Or can i just use soap?

I use a make-up removing lotion without soap. I don't use cotton swabs or anything like that, just rinse my hands with water and gently rinse the foundation off. Don't use soap-based anything on your face! It'll dry out your skin and make it feel all dry and stretched.

I use foundation (dermablend) for the reddest parts of my face and an Estée Lauder compact to even things out. I think Dermablend is noncomedogenic but the compact isn't - though my acne (surprisingly?) hasn't gotten worse because of either. I use this combination of products because it looks best and I haven't been able to find anything more skin-friendly than these. I avoid wearing makeup when I can, but when I have long days in class, go to work, or to parties, I do wear it. It takes a few tries and a couple of products before you find out what's right for you, though.

i just had one of those bad experiences with minerals. (garbage)

get ponds cold cream and work it off witha rag..

then exfoliate

ps. makeup is bad for you

Just use either a makeup remover like Neutrogena Makeup Remover Towelettes.

OR just use a cleanser that will take off your makeup, I use Clinique Liquid Facial Soap (It has no soap in it its just called that they have weird names for things like Dramatically Different moisturising gel which is not so 'dramatically different' haha.)

Anyway you just need to try different foundations till you find one which works right for you. But maybe try one which is fragrance free, oil free, non- camadogenic or no-acneogenic?

liike Estee Lauder Double wear stay in place makeup.

Gooood luck:)

Well if you havent noticed, I'm a dude so yeah it was bad enough asking my cousin to go buy me foundation. In all realness, I doubt I'll be trying out different types but yeah. This foundation is really hard to get off completly. Ive been using cetaphil cleanser and it takes most of it off but in strong lights, I can see the colour still there :(

And also, after just a few times using foundation, my acne has gone weird :S Like all shrunk and dry.

Yep i used to use Cetaphil as well until i started wearing makeup, it's not strong enough to take makeup off :( Which sucks.

hey buddy,

I use the bi-carb exfoiliator trick to get my make-up off on the odd occasion i wear it.

Pour a couple of tablespoons of bi-carb into your palm and add a squirt of cleanser, then just mix her up. Gently rubbing this over my face for a minute or two before rinsing seems to get all my make up off well.

And yes, thank christ the hawks beat geelong!

My skin is extremely sensitive, so I use L'Oreal Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover on my whole face. It doesn't cause any redness or breakouts, and it gets rid of my concealer/foundation completely. =]

Well if you havent noticed, I'm a dude so yeah it was bad enough asking my cousin to go buy me foundation. In all realness, I doubt I'll be trying out different types but yeah. This foundation is really hard to get off completly. Ive been using cetaphil cleanser and it takes most of it off but in strong lights, I can see the colour still there :(

And also, after just a few times using foundation, my acne has gone weird :S Like all shrunk and dry.

You shouldn't ask your cousin the foundation for you- it might not match your skin colour because when picking foundation you need to streak it on your jawline and see which colour suits your skin best, otherwise it will be too dark or light.

Just use normal baby oil( unscented) before cetaphil and that wil do the trick. Its cheap and good. If you are willing to invest for something more expensive, then MAC's cleanse off oil.

I use Purpose Gentle Cleanser and I have to wash a few times and then I use Aubrey Organics toner to get anything that was left behind.

I agree, makeup is not always the best...but it isn't all bad if you do the research and get something non- irritating.

One day I dream of leaving the house without any makeup...like I was able to when I was pregnant.