Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello everyone. Been a long time since I have posted, but have been browsing the message boards since I've recently started the Acne.org Regimen. Have had to refresh my memory on all of the steps and all of the other information that is available here. Thought I would post a log to keep track of my progress, for those who are interested, and to get advice. I am about a week in. Am really starting to forget now.

This is the first time I will be doing the Regimen, and sticking to it! I want to Get Clear! In the past, I have always just used the BP gel to spot treat, which is why I still have two tubes left from about 2 years ago! I was able to find where the expiry date was hidden, and they are still good into the new year. The consistency is just a little different from before. But now I know that I MUST use a generous amount for it to be effective, so I will soon have to order again.

Looking back, my skin really is a lot better, but I'm still suffering from cystic acne, just not as severe as before I took Accutane. I've posted pictures of each side of my face. These are the only areas of my face that are affected (each cheek, and the left side more for some reason)

Older pictures can be seen in this thread: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Pictures-...480#entry519480 The camera I had used wasn't the greatest, but they show the improvement since I have finished with Accutane.

First I will say that at the moment I am not using a recommended cleanser. Have been using a glycerine soap that my ex gave to me for the past 6 months. I don't believe this is the biggest mistake I can be making now, but will probably switch to one of the recommended products when I decide which one. My ex did say that my skin had improved dramatically since the time he met me 6 months ago, while this was the only product I had been using, other than Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion, which I am glad I can continue using, since it is one of the recommended products. I think it's the best moisturizer I have used. Seriously thinking about ordering the Alpha Hydroxy Acid at the time I order more BP since I have read such good reviews.

Prior to starting the Regimen I only shaved when I really needed to because it always resulted in a whole lot of bumps, but now I don't worry since the BP gel prevents it for me. I also started using the Mach 3 razor again, since I personally find that, for me, it causes a lot less irritation since I don't have to go over the same spot as much. I do find that I Must shave against the grain to get as close a shave as I like. Using shaving gel, also another personal preference.

I have decided that since I have used benzoyl peroxide that I will start with the full amount. Am of course noticing some redness, drying and a little burning after applying, but am not complaining since I know I am being impatient. It's not too much to handle and I am watching my skin clear up quickly. I just have a couple of cysts on my left cheek that are taking a while to reduce in size. Hoping I won't get any major breakouts, but don't really have reason to believe I will. I'll post more pictures soon.

Also, after reading that iodine may contribute to acne, I checked my multivitamin and found that it contains 0.15mg. I'm not sure if that is too much and if I should worry about it.

Unrelated to the regimen, to battle my recent depression I have been taking a 5-htp supplement and working out, lifting weights. So I have been feeling really good. Had also spent the summer rollerblading everywhere I could, but don't think I will be able to do it much longer now that the cold weather is coming.

So I am starting this Regimen in a positive mood and I think that will help me stick with it!

I know this has been a long post, and if you've gotten to this point, thanks for reading. Any comments and appreciated!

post-6559-1224641302_thumb.jpg post-6559-1224641336_thumb.jpg

post-6559-1224641352_thumb.jpg

post-6559-1224641302_thumb.jpg

post-6559-1224641336_thumb.jpg

post-6559-1224641352_thumb.jpg