Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acdc1

Clindamycin Phosphate- Anyone tried it??

So, I went to the derm today for the first time, and besides telling me that I had a precancerous lesion on my toe that has to be removed ASAP (I'm only 16- isn't this too early?), he gave me Clindamycin Phosphate to get rid of my acne. I've never heard of it in my life, so I don't know if it will clear my zits or just make them worse. I'm actually kind of happy with my skin right now, and I really don't want to go back to my low point- the beginning of the summer. Any thoughts?

I'm currently using Clindamycin and it's helped a lot. I have not had a break out in a while, almost over a month now. Clindamycin should not give you an IB and it works well for those big red pimples and underground nodules that usually take forever to go away. I discontinued Doxycycline and they put me on Clindamycin and aside from having tons of red marks, I have about 3 active pimples and one small underground pimple on my jaw line.

I use Evoclin foam, which is Clindamycin Phosphate. It cleared me up pretty fast. It doesn't really prevent breakouts all that much for me, but it does clear them up.

It's a topical antibiotic that helps prevent and treat inflammatory acne. I use it to spot treat and it helps heal zits faster. You can also apply it all over in a thin layer to prevent inflamed pimples. It can be drying like most acne topicals.

It's good to use it with BP as it can stop working over time (BP helps keep the bacteria from becoming resistant to it).

Guest ranger42

I've been on it for 4 months. Not as good as benzoyl peroxide but it doesn't cause any drying/flaking. I use it with Retin-a micro.

i LOVE clindamycin!!! when i went on it years and years ago after trying everyting over the counter my skin was so bad and within a few weeks it was under control. use it with bp it makes it work better and prevents your skin from becoming resistant to it! but ya use it it is amazing!

I've been on it for two weeks, and my face has NEVER looked this good! I don't have to wear makeup anymore, except to even out my freckles, and a red mark on my chin from an old nodule. But other than that, my face is as smooth as a baby's bottom. I'm so happy!

I know you don't want to hear this but I've been on it for around 15 weeks, it got me 100% clear in 2 weeks but then slowly started going downhill, it does still help, but now I'm back to being far from clear and am on Doxycycline

So, I went to the derm today for the first time, and besides telling me that I had a precancerous lesion on my toe that has to be removed ASAP (I'm only 16- isn't this too early?), he gave me Clindamycin Phosphate to get rid of my acne. I've never heard of it in my life, so I don't know if it will clear my zits or just make them worse. I'm actually kind of happy with my skin right now, and I really don't want to go back to my low point- the beginning of the summer. Any thoughts?

I have a tube of Clindamycin that was prescribed to me like three years ago and I still use it. A little goes a long way and it works pretty well as a spot treatment. I think it is an antibiotic (-mycin) so it can be effective in keeping your pores free of bacteria.

ohbrill. I may try it. Can you get it from your normal doctor? Can i use it along side Differin?

How are you finding it now? Do you think i can use it with Differin? Also can a normal Doc prescribe it? Many Thanks

i had moderate acne and my physician prescribed the gel to me. Every night, i wash my face with neutrogena oil free acne wash, dry my face, then apply the gel. For the first three months of using this regimen, I also took prescribed acne pills(Doxycycline), which i don't need anymore.

i had moderate acne and my physician prescribed the gel to me. Every night, i wash my face with neutrogena oil free acne wash, dry my face, then apply the gel. For the first three months of using this regimen, I also took prescribed acne pills(Doxycycline), which i don't need anymore.

My goodness, Molika may I ask who your dermatologist/physician is? I just went to my first one a week ago and he recommended the EXACT same regimen to me (neutrogena oil free acne wash, dry face, then apply gel along with eating prescribed Doxycycline (aka oracea). How is that regimen still coming along now? I haven't begun it yet and have moderate acne as well so I'm a little nervous/scared yet excited for results... Any updates on how your skin has improved thus far? :) Also, I can imagine how drying this combination treatment may be, did your physician suggest any moisturizers somewhere in the regimen and what have you tried in combating the associated dryness? We're almost like twins here in this situation..

Edited by neffyiffy

i too am on the doxy/clindamycin regimen. been on it for 3 weeks. Iv only had acne (well not really acne but had a BAD breakout due to emotional stress) for about 3 months but it has left ALOT of red marks and a couple scars. i only have 2 small active zits at the moment which is quite impressive due to the fact that i used many other products for the same amount of time and all of them only made it much worse (BP products).

Im hoping when i get off the Doxy it doesnt come back 10X worse.

i havnt experienced any dryness whatsoever, but before i use make-up (light mineral foundation- avon smooth minerals) i use Dove essential nutrients SPF15+ moisturiser. i wash my face with just warm water in the morning and night, sometimes i add in a little cetaphil gentle skin cleanser if im washing off makeup or feel oily/dirty, and i occasionally wash with a solution of epsom salts and warm water instead of just water.

Using ACV/ lemon juice as a toner a few times a week to try help the scars.

Any updates on anyones progress??

I've been using clindamycin phosphate foam for a couple to a few years for acne.I have sensitive skin to benzyl peroxide so I was limited on what I could use anyways but nothing helped so I went to my dermatologist and he prescribed it for me.It has worked wonderfully!My face rarely breaks out and that's when I forget to use it.The foam is a quick and easy application but it burns in a space briefly every once in a while.I absolutely love this stuff I hate putting any creams or anything on my face so it is very ideal for me.Hope this helps

Also....(I forgot to add this) If you're concerned about scars buy some Mederma.It's kind of pricey but you just need a small tube and it works great to clear up acne or any kind of scars.You can buy it anywhere...walmart target or probably any pharmacy.It's over the counter and I recommend it for scars :)

My Derm suggested this topical as a spot treatment? Is that strange? Most scripts are written for all over face treatment...

So you can just use this as a spot treatment? How did that work for you?

I'm using clindamyicin combind with BP and have been on it for 3.5 weeks, coupled with an oral antiobiotic. Def seeing results. Can't wait to see what I'll look like in another 2 months!!