Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mid30's

A Journey to Freedom.

The TWO main reasons I will be writing here are to report how I'm doing with my goal of stopping my skin picking and how Daniel Kern's Regimen is working for me.

I am 6 days into the Regimen and have already had to stop using Dan's moisturizer. It caused my face to be so itchy and uncomfortable that I had an even harder time keeping my fingers off my face than usual.

I'm a mom to two sweet children, ages 3 and 2. I've got to attend to them and will be back later. I'd love to have some picture updates here, but I don't know how to get them on this page. I'll have to research that too.

I've been researching how long my 'lobster' face will last while on the regimen. I am quite uncomfortable from the neck up - like all the time. I wonder if I've moved up too quickly on the BP. I use about 1/2 to 3/4 of a pump 2x a day. It is kind of hard for me to measure 1/2 a pump. I think maybe I will just use a little twice a day and see if maybe my skin can get used to it easier. I look like I have a sunburn and my face is burning at all times. I can deal with it, but it is starting to affect other aspects of my life.

Regimen Day 8

I have not had a picking session since Friday afternoon - it has been almost 5 days. I have, however, picked at a few bumps that I have not had patience with or that have started being uncomfortable. I made them worse and wish I had let them do their own thing. So other than 3 spots on my face that I've messed with, I've done well. But with my red, painful face, I don't want to touch it anyway. I am happy with the results just not happy with the side effects of the BP.

I think it takes about 6 hours for my face to accept that I've put BP on it once again. After the 6 hour point today it wasn't burning and I wasn't thinking about my face all the time. It was still as red as can be, but at least it wasn't painful. Of course we start all over again tonight. I did do something different and I really didn't think I had a choice. After my face dried from my night wash, I noticed it is flaking and dry all over. So bad. I was scared to put BP on my face being that dry so I put moisturizer on first. I let it dry for about 5 minutes or so and then applied 1/2 pump of the BP. At first it didn't burn, but it's a burning now. It feels very tight around my mouth and nose. My cheeks and forehead aren't so bad. I would like to find out if there is anything I can do to 'super' moisturize my face while it's getting used to the BP. I was curious to know if all this burning, itching, flaking, lobster face is normal or maybe I could be allergic to BP. I think all this IS normal. It hurts quite bad. Irritating - that's the word. SO VERY IRRITATING. I had a real good day in front of the mirror. I am happy to say that I haven't 'attacked' my face in 5 days. I think that is a great description of what I've done to my poor face for the past 20 years - a new friend came up with it.

I'm off to bed. I plan on getting back to the correct order in the morning. Wash, BP, moisturizer. I am thinking of putting some Vit E oil on some VERY dry spots tonight. I KNOW I'm not suppose to be using extra stuff right now, but I am just so dry.

Regimen Day 9

I am shocked to report that I DO NOT have my regular burning sensation this morning! I did do one thing different because of all the flaking. I mixed a little brown and white sugar together and combined it with my cleanser when I washed my face this morning. I washed extremely gently and would not have done it if I had lots of acne everywhere. I waited till my face dried and then applied the BP. Less of it though. I think I was a bit too generous with my 1/2 pumps so now I am really trying to use right at 1/2 a pump morning and night. My face is still bright red, but NO burning. I am tight and a bit tingly but the lack of burning is a major plus for me today. For the past several mornings, my face has hurt so bad that I haven't felt like doing ANYTHING around the house. Today, I'm ready for action!

I don't know if I should have used the sugar - but I really needed exfoliation and I don't have the jojoba oil to do so with.

If I were to go out of the house - I wouldn't be using make-up, only cover-up in a few spots. Those spots wouldn't be so bad if I had not messed with them a few days ago.

I am happy to report that I haven't picked at anything and I am QUITE proud of that fact!

Regimen Day 13

I will start this log with the sad fact that I picked at my face this morning. A lot. Every time I pass the mirror I am reminded of that fact.

Things were going so well too - I had not actively picked at my face in 9 days. I am very proud of that but now I am starting from scratch. My face looks like it has been though war - and it has.

I upped the BP this weeked because my face was really getting used to the amount I was using. I'm going to be using 1 full pump at night and 1/2 a pump in the morning for awhile. I am also going to start using Dan's moisturizer again. I'm having trouble with flakes and my moisturizer (Purpose) seems to mix with the flakes. Dan's moisturizer does burn, but I'll see if I can get past that for a few days.

My face was doing SO WELL this weekend. I did notice that there were potential places that could come up though. I messed with EVERYTHING I could find this morning so I really don't know the true state of my face.

I am sad :cry: I know that this is a process though, and as long as I am willing to work toward my goal of NO PICKING, I will have victory in the Lord's time. I may have fallen down, but I'm standing right now. I am also aware that I'm going longer and longer between failures. Maybe this one will be the last one! The thought of that makes me happy!

Red face was gone until I upped the BP and went back to Dan's moisturizer.

Flaking continues to be an issue.

Picking IS interferring with my assessment.

Hi :)

Just wanted to drop by to offer my support! I know it's tough at first, but keep going and you'll gradually learn the products and routine that works best for you. Personally I find Dan's moisturiser makes my skin red and causes a burning sensation too. Good luck!

Regimen Day 15

My face is slowly recovering from my picking session on Monday. I say slowly because there are several places that will need time to heal from my picking. If I look back a month ago, I see that I couldn't even go 24 hours without picking at my face. I am thankful for the progress I have made in less than a month, and I know without a doubt I will continue to make progress. The only GOOD thing about my picking session on Monday is that I was REALLY able to see the results of picking after going almost 10 days without picking. My skin is agitated, bruised, I have scabs - it is sore! The day before I picked I could only 'see' 2 or 3 problem spots. And those were easily covered up with cover-up. So basically, what I've done is create more problem areas and make my face look like crap.

I am learning that it would be better to have some acne just under the surface and leave it alone to see what it does on its own rather than to pick at a bunch of stuff that may or may not even rise to the surface.

I do wonder what will happen when I stop 'cleaning' out my pores. I know I'm not actually cleaning them out when I pick, but I am getting lots of 'plugs' out and I wonder what will happen if I stop doing that. My body can't absorb hard plugs can it? I do need to know the answer to this quiestion. I think I do anyway. If I knew what would happen if I didn't pick, it may help me not to pick.

I am using Dan's moisturizer and it is really causing my face/neck to burn and itch. I mean itch like fire. I like my purpose moisturizer, but I think it causes more flakes. I may switch back to it tonight. My face is still VERY red - most likely due to an increase in BP over the weekend and the moisturizer. I'll need several more days to evaluate my skin due to Monday's picking session. I do think that the breakout around week 2 was starting prior to my picking on Monday.

I have a new goal to reach 10 days without picking. I have picked a spot or two since Monday and I guess I'm looking at it like its a gray area. I want this issue to be black and white before me. NO PICKING is my goal. The only intervention I can't get out of performing is to gently allow a white head to drain if I need to go out and it is READY.

I was thinking maybe Dan's moisturizer causes irritation to my face because it has Jojoba oil in it, but I see that Rhianna uses the jojoba oil on a regular basis and Dan's moisturizer causes irritation for her too.

Maybe when I order more BP next time, I'll get the Jojoba oil. I like Dan's cleanser though.

OK, so starting tonight, I'll switch back to my Purpose moisturizer. I think I will NOT put BP on my neck. I don't have much acne on my neck, but I thought I'd just treat face and neck together. My neck is NOT HAPPY with me for slathering BP all over it night and day.

Regimen Day 16

I've noticed a few things. First - I like the way my skin looks and feels about 4 days AFTER a major face picking session. I'm not saying this is good and that I want to do it every now and then to acheive these results - but at least I am understanding more about why I do it. I see lots of pores that look like they can be 'cleaned' out and even though I do damage that lasts for several days, eventually, once my face heals, it is smooth and I don't see the 'need' to pick at anything for awhile.

So I still would like to know what will happen if I don't pick at anything. I suppose I need to find out for myself.

My face was SO flakey when I woke up. I used Vit E oil all over and was able to loosen some flakes. I then took a shower and washed my face. Once my face dried it was TOO flakey to put BP on first so I rubbed some Vit E oil on my flakey spots. Then I put BP on. And then my Purpose moisturizer. I've had to go back and apply more moisturizer since then. I don't think that the Vit E oil is good to leave on, but I was kind of desparate for something to control the flakes.

So I'm still quite red faced and flakey - I am applying almost a full pump of BP at night but less in the morning. I think I will keep that up until my face gets used to this amount. It DID get used to the 1/2 a pump twice a day so I am hoping that it will get used to this amount eventually.

Again, I can't evaluate my acne because I'm still recovering from picking on Monday.

Just wanted to stop by and say reading through your entries and your story is so similar to mine! I'm a big face picker as well- I see one little bump, and my mind screams DESTROY! So I definately know where you are at.

I'm going to be starting the regimen soon as well, (just as soon as it gets here!) so I hope your story, as well as mine, will have success!

Good luck! :)

Regimen Day 17

I am convinced that my acne has responded very well to the BP - I don't know that I will ever be able to get up to 2 full pumps twice a day and I really don't think I'll need to. My actual acne is quite mild and becomes moderate around my cycle, but my past picking has made everything much worse.

I can also see delayed 'wound' healing with the BP. I would pick at something before and it would be gone in a few days, with the BP the spot lingers and remains darker than the rest of my skin. This is actually a good thing for me because it gives me a VERY good reason to leave my face alone.

I am still unhappy with the flaking and am tired of spending money on moisturizers! I've read that people use eucerin. I haven't used it before - maybe I'll try that. I did try Cereve (I think that is how you spell it!) I DID not like it, it burned my face and I lost my receipt. (I'm not sure I should have tried to take it back after trying it anyway!)

I really enjoy the two times a day that I 'take care' of my face with the regimen. I would really recommend Dan's regimen to anyone who has mild to moderate acne who hasn't used BP on a regular basis. My acne responded to the BP quickly and the majority of it was gone in just a few days - I know I am one of the 'lucky' ones. If only I could realize that every time I go to the mirror.

I will stop picking my face completely one day. I won't accept anything less.

Regimen Day 18

My face is almost back to normal in terms of healing since picking at it on Monday.

I dread putting moisturizer on after the BP. I know the burning will start once I apply it. I'm going to do some more research on moisturizers and hopefully pick something else up later today.

I think my face is less red today - I am using a full pump in the PM and about 3/4 a pump in the am. My acne is under control now - I feel like I may just get to 1 full pump am and pm and stick there for awhile. If I start to break out, I'll attempt to go up.

Regimen Day 18

My face is almost back to normal in terms of healing since picking at it on Monday.

I dread putting moisturizer on after the BP. I know the burning will start once I apply it. I'm going to do some more research on moisturizers and hopefully pick something else up later today.

I think my face is less red today - I am using a full pump in the PM and about 3/4 a pump in the am. My acne is under control now - I feel like I may just get to 1 full pump am and pm and stick there for awhile. If I start to break out, I'll attempt to go up.

I was just wondering if you are still using the regime. Its November 20th now. You would be at almost 40 days... what's your status?

Dan's moisturizer was itchy to me, too, until I waited a full 20-25 minutes AFTER the BP dried.

If you've already tried that, then I'm sorry for not reading thoroughly enough.

Best of luck!

Regimen Day 39

I've been busy, but not too busy to keep up with my regimen in the morning and at night.

I am SO satisfied witn my complexion right now. My face is acne-free and I have nothing to mess with for the most part. (I can ALWAYS find places to mess with, but that's another story.) My face is still dry, but not as dry as before. I am happy to say that I do not get red like I did after applying the BP, nor do I have the pain and itching. I'm using a full pump morning and night. I've decided not to increase the BP unless I need to. My face hasn't been breaking out at all, so I'm going to stay at one pump twice a day for as long as I can. I've started using Dan's moisturizer again. I'm waiting longer after applying the BP before I put the moisturizer on. I still don't know if I'll stick with it, but it doesn't burn as much as it did before. I've also been using CeraVe. I don't think I like that much either. I was using Purpose, but it was too white. So I'm still working on the moisturizer. I do know I need one though!

OK, so at just about 40 days I have to say I am so thrilled! My husband told me the other day that he was shocked that I found something over the internet that really worked. Well, I found the information on the internet but I told him the product was available in another form (on the spot) just about anywhere.

In September, when my complexion was at it's worst - I called for an appointment with a dermatologist. I had to choose one my insurance took and ended up with an appointment in mid November! TWO months away!!!! I am so excited to say that I didn't need to go to that appointment. My face is clear!!! I told my husband that I was going to cancel the appointment and spend the $50 copay I would have had to pay on more BP!!!!!

I really didn't think this would/could work for me. I have such sensitive skin and it stayed red for weeks after applying the BP. I am so thankful. Now that my face is clear, I see my large pores here and there - and my scars from previous acne picking sessions. Part of me sees these as flaws - but a MUCH BIGGER part of me is so thankful that I can see those scars and pores (I used to see only acne.)

Regimen Day 46

I am currently watching the Alabama/Auburn game. ROLL TIDE!!!!

I will be ordering more supplies from acne.org soon - I don't want to run out!! I think the 8oz bottles will last me about a month and a half. I have been using Dan's moisturizer more too. As long as I wait till the BP is dry, I don't have much discomfort and I think my face is reacting well to it. I don't have the flakes like I did either.

I must admit that I've been skipping EVERY now and then. Like this morning. BUT, I will not skip twice in a row. My face has not broken out because of skipping, but I don't want to make a habit of it. We have company this weekend and I've been busy entertaining.

I am excited to say that I don't need to wear any make-up or any cover-up, unless I want to. I've noticed that when I pick at my cheeks - not enough to tear the skin. Anyway - I've noticed that I can see the damage anyway - almost like bruising - slight red marks. So again, it is VERY important for me to leave my face alone.

I haven't picked much, but I have not stopped 100% yet. I will though. It is good for me to see that any picking will result in damage. I am thankful for these products and will continue to use them for a long time to come!

Regimen Day 46

I will be ordering more supplies from acne.org soon - I don't want to run out!! I think the 8oz bottles will last me about a month and a half. I have been using Dan's moisturizer more too. As long as I wait till the BP is dry, I don't have much discomfort and I think my face is reacting well to it. I don't have the flakes like I did either.

I must admit that I've been skipping EVERY now and then. Like this morning. BUT, I will not skip twice in a row. My face has not broken out because of skipping, but I don't want to make a habit of it. We have company this weekend and I've been busy entertaining.

I am excited to say that I don't need to wear any make-up or any cover-up, unless I want to. I've noticed that when I pick at my cheeks - not enough to tear the skin. Anyway - I've noticed that I can see the damage anyway - almost like bruising - slight red marks. So again, it is VERY important for me to leave my face alone.

I haven't picked much, but I have not stopped 100% yet. I will though. It is good for me to see that any picking will result in damage. I am thankful for these products and will continue to use them for a long time to come!

You are so encouraging! Keep it up! I'm going into my 2nd week tomorrow and haven't stopped completely picking yet. I hope to soon!

Regimen Day 46

You are so encouraging! Keep it up! I'm going into my 2nd week tomorrow and haven't stopped completely picking yet. I hope to soon!

Regimen Day 46

Regimen Day 51

WOW! I am shocked that almost two months have gone by since I started this regimen.

I'm still picking at virtually nothing and leaving some red marks. I must admit though - I don't have much to pick at and even when I do pick for a long period of time, my face is not reacting the way it would before I started the regimen. I'm not trying to give myself a license to pick - but the truth is that if I do pick, I don't have the consequences like I did before.

I'm quite convinced that my picking has more to do with something going on inside of me. I see that I don't have ANY active acne, but for some reason, I still search for places to pick at. So I guess since my acne is cleared up, I need to start working on dealing with the psychological aspect of picking. I don't know how to do that, but I need to find out how.

I have noticed that if I skip a regimen session, my face is a bit red and irritated the next time I apply the BP. I really need to set a time and stick to it, I'm all over the place right now with my times. In the beginning, I was strict - 7am, 7pm. On the dot, no matter what. I've become lax with the times and I need to work on that too. Maybe if I can get back to that self-disciplined mindset that I first started with when I started the products I'll make more progress in the picking aspect.

Well, I dished out $78.48 yesterday to this website! I ordered another starter kit, some more AHA, AND some Jojoba oil - plus shipping.

I thought about ordering the 16oz sizes, but being so close to Christmas, and having to order those other things, I thought I'd wait till next time to order the bulk. :-)

My husband is quite supportive and didn't bat an eye when I showed him the bill. I am saving money though - I'm not buying 'stuff' from Wal-Mart any more to 'try out' on my face.

I think I've talked about this before, but now that my face is clear - I am more aware of all it's imperfections (past scars, large pores, etc.) I remember someone bringing this up on the 'what to expect' information. It really is true. I am so thankful that I can remember being so broken out that I didn't even see those minor imperfections. So now, when I see them, I remember the acne covering my whole face, and those imperfections kind of go away (from my eyes anyway.)

I'm still in awe at how clear my face is day after day after day. I do have one area on my right cheek that ((I)) am fully responsible for. I messed with it until it is what it is now - an unsightly large scab. It is really amazing to me how I could have done this - I didn't have to - it wasn't a blemish even. It will heal and I'll still have clear skin when it does. That is exciting. It gives me MORE of a desire to quit messing with my face at all. I still have far to go but this regimen makes it as easy as possible for me to quit picking. I love my skin. Scab and all! I would like it to go away by Friday afternoon though (I'm going out of town!)

I'm still in awe at how clear my face is day after day after day. I do have one area on my right cheek that ((I)) am fully responsible for. I messed with it until it is what it is now - an unsightly large scab. It is really amazing to me how I could have done this - I didn't have to - it wasn't a blemish even. It will heal and I'll still have clear skin when it does. That is exciting. It gives me MORE of a desire to quit messing with my face at all. I still have far to go but this regimen makes it as easy as possible for me to quit picking. I love my skin. Scab and all! I would like it to go away by Friday afternoon though (I'm going out of town!)

Hey, just checking in on your status... I hope things are continuing to look up!

I am amazed that almost a year has gone by since I started the regimen. If anyone is thinking of trying it but not really wanting to spend the money - I say DO IT! There is a money back guarantee, I think - you have nothing to lose. It really, really worked for me and I don't know that I will ever want to stop using these products.

I use the cleanser, BP, and the moisturizer and I love it. I thought it might be too good to be true, but for me it is not. I love that I am clear as long as I choose to be (I still have problems with picking at my face).

I am amazed that almost a year has gone by since I started the regimen. If anyone is thinking of trying it but not really wanting to spend the money - I say DO IT! There is a money back guarantee, I think - you have nothing to lose. It really, really worked for me and I don't know that I will ever want to stop using these products.

I use the cleanser, BP, and the moisturizer and I love it. I thought it might be too good to be true, but for me it is not. I love that I am clear as long as I choose to be (I still have problems with picking at my face).

after a year, how many pumps of BP were you using? the full two?