Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Packerfan785

Can anyone identify anything wrong with me

I went to the doctor a little over a year and a half ago with most of these same problems (I did not have acne at the time) and he said it was just a teenage phase, yet it has not passed.

- I am 6ft 115 pounds (17 y/o Male)

- I struggle to get up after 8+ hours of sleep (Sleep through alarms even)

- I get very sore after simple exercise like touch football with friends

- My ankles and wrists can get agitated for days after heavy running or lifting

- I build up plaque very quickly on the back of my teeth despite not drinking soda, coffee, or tea

- I am unable to gain weight, I have been eating 2700 calories a day for the past week and a half and have not gained any weight

- I go to the bathroom about 3 times a day (good I know but it is a lot of stool with a lot of undigested food in it)

- I started weight lifting after not doing so all summer and I had to start out more than 20 pounds under what I was at previously

I have totally revamped my diet in the time since I have seen the doctor and I have still kept the symptoms and even started getting acne. I am starting to feel it not as much a nutritional issue as an internal issue involving yeasts, parasites, or clogged organs.

Here is my diet:

Carrots

Broccoli

Chicken

Venison

Peppers

Onion

Turkey

Almonds

Pumpkin Seeds

Coconut Oil

Olive Oil

Cod Liver Oil

Apples

Strawberries

Blue Berries

Collard Greens

Apple Cider Vinegar

Calcium Supplement

Note: I have started taking antibiotics since the physical but I have not seen any additional symptoms or increased severity.

I plan on taking Probiotics, taking Epsom Salt bathes, doing a Liver Flush, adding some garlic into my diet temporarily, and seeing what happens.

I have also noticed that Sun and exercise greatly reduce my inflammation but in the right amount but that is not always practical living in Wisconsin and being a full time student. Also before I started using topicals and antibiotics this wouldn't even make a noticeable dent so I know it is not the only problem.

:think: It sounds like for some reason your intestines are not absorbing, which is causing you to be malnourished - which is causing a myriad of problems.

It looks like your diet excludes wheat. Are you gluten free? If not, get the Dr to do a biopsy for celiac sprue. We spout that off a lot in this forum, but you really sound like you ought to be tested.

If it's not that, other Inflammatory bowel diseases should be ruled out - eg; Crohns, Ulcerative Colitis, Behçet disease, or perhaps parasites.

Has your Dr tested for any of this?

Good news guys I am starting to gain weight. I still am going to try and get a physical though.

EDIT: False alarm, weighing at night vs morning makes a HUGE difference...

Definitely a digestion problem if you see undigested food in stool. Try to figure out if it only certain foods. Otherwise look into digestive enzymes or HCL. FYI 2700 calories isn't jack shit for a semi active 6+ foot younger male. Keep eating lol.

Definitely a digestion problem if you see undigested food in stool. Try to figure out if it only certain foods. Otherwise look into digestive enzymes or HCL. FYI 2700 calories isn't jack shit for a semi active 6+ foot younger male. Keep eating lol.

I second this; I'd highly recommend you take betaine HCl and digestive enzymes and see if they don't help enormously. Get betaine HCl separately and learn your appropriate dose by taking the recommended dose at a big meal and see if your stomach feels "warm" (I haven't tried this but I'm told that's how you tell when you've slightly exceeded your ideal dose, no harm done to your stomach though, but you back off by 1 capsule once you've hit that level and that's what you take at bigger meals).

You might try shifting your diet around a bit too; I think it might be a sign of poor digestion, but I get loose stool with undigested food in it particularly if I eat a lot of uncooked vegetables or greens. Fruits also don't seem to bode well for me, but I believe that's because of my fatigued adrenal glands.

I'd get to both a doctor and nutritionist, and believe it or not ask a few nurses here and there. Oftentimes, they've seen everything because they know many different doctors, they can be very astute and knowledgable. Bottom line, get some help and input. I'd also suggest going to a board certified chiropractor. Don't judge them until you've been to one, A REAL ONE that is, who's been to more school than most MDs. FYI, I went to 7 different doctors with symptoms that they couldn't really identify anything with, the chiropractor took just one look at me and said, "I think you have this and this." And know what? He was RIGHT. I got help from him when the Drs weren't worth a damn, so don't knock them unless you've tried them.

Saw the doctor, she thought it was related to my lymph nodes for sure but they are just fine. Then I had my blood and urine examined and the report back was that they were extremely healthy.

One thing is that the doctor said to stop drinking apple cider vinegar (almost an angry sound in her voice) yet would not give me a reason. Now my parents are yet again pissed at me and don't want me to drink it despite the obvious health benefits and that my symptoms far predate my use of ACV.

Where should I go from here. Something is obviously wrong, people do not stay this underweight while eating as much as I do, and people do not just lose 15 pounds out of the blue when they were already 130 pounds like I was. (Last spring before I even knew diet affected acne I was eating Taco Bell, BK, Wendy's, etc at least once a day and I noticed that a couple months after I weighed myself I lost a large amount of weight and did not notice a difference in appearance.)

I'd get to both a doctor and nutritionist, and believe it or not ask a few nurses here and there. Oftentimes, they've seen everything because they know many different doctors, they can be very astute and knowledgable. Bottom line, get some help and input. I'd also suggest going to a board certified chiropractor. Don't judge them until you've been to one, A REAL ONE that is, who's been to more school than most MDs. FYI, I went to 7 different doctors with symptoms that they couldn't really identify anything with, the chiropractor took just one look at me and said, "I think you have this and this." And know what? He was RIGHT. I got help from him when the Drs weren't worth a damn, so don't knock them unless you've tried them.

I went to the doctor a little over a year and a half ago with most of these same problems (I did not have acne at the time) and he said it was just a teenage phase, yet it has not passed.

- I am 6ft 115 pounds (17 y/o Male)

- I struggle to get up after 8+ hours of sleep (Sleep through alarms even)

- I get very sore after simple exercise like touch football with friends

- My ankles and wrists can get agitated for days after heavy running or lifting

- I build up plaque very quickly on the back of my teeth despite not drinking soda, coffee, or tea

- I am unable to gain weight, I have been eating 2700 calories a day for the past week and a half and have not gained any weight

- I go to the bathroom about 3 times a day (good I know but it is a lot of stool with a lot of undigested food in it)

- I started weight lifting after not doing so all summer and I had to start out more than 20 pounds under what I was at previously

I have totally revamped my diet in the time since I have seen the doctor and I have still kept the symptoms and even started getting acne. I am starting to feel it not as much a nutritional issue as an internal issue involving yeasts, parasites, or clogged organs.

Here is my diet:

Carrots

Broccoli

Chicken

Venison

Peppers

Onion

Turkey

Almonds

Pumpkin Seeds

Coconut Oil

Olive Oil

Cod Liver Oil

Apples

Strawberries

Blue Berries

Collard Greens

Apple Cider Vinegar

Calcium Supplement

Note: I have started taking antibiotics since the physical but I have not seen any additional symptoms or increased severity.

I plan on taking Probiotics, taking Epsom Salt bathes, doing a Liver Flush, adding some garlic into my diet temporarily, and seeing what happens.

I have also noticed that Sun and exercise greatly reduce my inflammation but in the right amount but that is not always practical living in Wisconsin and being a full time student. Also before I started using topicals and antibiotics this wouldn't even make a noticeable dent so I know it is not the only problem.

I had almost the exact same problem. I have Celiac Disease. It's basically a condition involving the consumption of wheat/gluten. I wasn't absorbing necessary vitamins/nutrients properly, and it caused a lot of problems.

I had almost the exact same problem. I have Celiac Disease. It's basically a condition involving the consumption of wheat/gluten. I wasn't absorbing necessary vitamins/nutrients properly, and it caused a lot of problems.

Thing is I have been on a gluten/wheat free diet for a couple of months now.

Please you guys these symptoms are taking over my life, I really need help, the doctor admits that I am not in good health yet offers no solutions. This is literally driving me crazy.

Uhm, I'm actually the last person on this board to give you any kind of advice (I eat terribly, really I do), but I noticed that you don't have alot of iron/proteins in the foods you said you ate? A lack of iron and proteins can make a person tired, lose weight, and make a person breakout.

But that is only probably a tiny part of it, if it's anything at all.

Hey bro,

Diet looks good, but here some advice about weight lifting and gaining weight. Your caloric intake apparently isn't enough to gaining weight, so here's what I suggest. Go to GNC, or the Vitamin Shoppe and purchase something called Weight Max 2200. Its a protein shake with 2200 calories and a little over 50 grams of protein. It'll help you gain weight and keep the muscles you build up that day.

That is what I'd recommend at the moment if your seriously looking to gain some weight.

As far as the running and lifting thing, you probably trying to do to much at once. You need to start small, and eventually you'll stop feeling pains when running. Once you've stopped feeling the pain, slowly increase your distance. If that process doesn't work, you might need to see a doctor about that then.

Just my advice!

What'd you think

Might pay to consult a holistic health practitioner and get a lengthy consultation. Just be aware if they start telling you to take this and drink that it won't solve nothing.

But otherwise, are you eating for your metabolic type?

For instance, I don't see any dark and fatty meats there, but do you wish you did eat them? Would you like to be consuming butter and cream but don't?

Theres alot more to eating what your body craves than ppl think, as long as its real food.

Try a teaspoon of salt a day as well. Proper salt that is.

Uhm, I'm actually the last person on this board to give you any kind of advice (I eat terribly, really I do), but I noticed that you don't have alot of iron/proteins in the foods you said you ate? A lack of iron and proteins can make a person tired, lose weight, and make a person breakout.

But that is only probably a tiny part of it, if it's anything at all.

I have more than the daily recommended amount of protein. I'm not sure about iron though, what foods are high in iron?

...I have more than the daily recommended amount of protein. I'm not sure about iron though, what foods are high in iron?

Have you calculated your daily calorie intake? Where's the fat in your diet? The meats you eat are generally lower in fat. Fat intake helps with absorption of some vitamins, and provides a longer lasting source of energy that's more steady blood sugar-wise than a carb boost, and also provides a feeling of satiety. Once you calculate your daily calorie intake, find out how many calories you should be taking in to MAINTAIN your weight, then eat more than that. There must be some websites somewhere that will help you gain weight based on your current height/weight and calorie consumption.

A high protein with low fat and low carb diet can lead to malnutrition and excessive weight loss, particularly with the male metabolism (men generally have better success at weight loss on carb-restricted diets than most women).

Consult a registered dietician, too.

...I have more than the daily recommended amount of protein. I'm not sure about iron though, what foods are high in iron?

Have you calculated your daily calorie intake? Where's the fat in your diet? The meats you eat are generally lower in fat. Fat intake helps with absorption of some vitamins, and provides a longer lasting source of energy that's more steady blood sugar-wise than a carb boost, and also provides a feeling of satiety. Once you calculate your daily calorie intake, find out how many calories you should be taking in to MAINTAIN your weight, then eat more than that. There must be some websites somewhere that will help you gain weight based on your current height/weight and calorie consumption.

A high protein with low fat and low carb diet can lead to malnutrition and excessive weight loss, particularly with the male metabolism (men generally have better success at weight loss on carb-restricted diets than most women).

Consult a registered dietician, too.

I did calculate my maintenance calories and added 500 more in order to gain a pound a week.

Eat more red meat and animal fat. Give it a try. You will see an instant improvement in all the symptoms listed above.

Eat more red meat and animal fat. Give it a try. You will see an instant improvement in all the symptoms listed above.

Ditto that