Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
neverforget

Treatments without surgery! Please help :(

Hi all, I'm new here and my names mark! I've been fighting Acne for 5 years now and it has finally come to a close. However, as a lot of you will already know, I'm left with scars. I'd say they're quite severe in ways, but I still don't think it's too serious.

Anyway, at the moment I just don't have enough money to go for surgery like laser treatment etc, and was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction towards a remedy I can use at home (doesn't have to be natural).

I was looking at "chemical peels" and was wondering if any of you have any personal experience with them? Any other suggestions would be excellent as I've also been fighting the scars as well as the acne for over a year now.

So please, any advice or suggestions would really make my world. It truely gets in the way of my everyday life and I must put an end to it!

Thank you very much in advance, Mark!

(P.S. I live in the UK so any good website recommendations etc, have to ship to the UK!)

:D

Hey welcome, chemical peels more than likely do more good than harm.

Treatments are different for different skin types and scars.

For non surgical there are retinoids which increase cell turnover from what I understand.

Your scars, depending on how deep they are will more than likely be there for a long time, But you can make them look better. If you dont already exfoliate daily. The only proven method to healing scars is time.

Hey welcome, chemical peels more than likely do more good than harm.

Treatments are different for different skin types and scars.

For non surgical there are retinoids which increase cell turnover from what I understand.

Your scars, depending on how deep they are will more than likely be there for a long time, But you can make them look better. If you dont already exfoliate daily. The only proven method to healing scars is time.

Hey, I wouldn't say my scars are deep, they're just very red, as if it were a spot after it had burst except smooth. My skin is very smooth, there aren't really any lumps from the scars. I've just started using a Clearasil exfoliate and it says I should use it once in the morning and evening. Should I use the exfoliate as a mask? Or should I rub it on and quickly rinse it off?

Thanks very much in advance, any feedback is most welcome!