Breakouts between e...

Notifications
Clear all

Breakouts between eyebrows

MemberMember
(@mokhc)

Posted : 10/16/2008 4:09 pm

Hi,

I am 28 years old and used to have severe acne. I went on Accutane for about a year+ and it has cleared up my skin pretty well. I still have mild breakouts but nothing as bad as what it used to be. Anyways, I have noticed that for the past few months, most of my breakouts have been concentrating in the area between my eyebrows. And it's more always the same ones which resurface at least once a month. I never used to have breakouts there even when I had severe acne. Does anyone have the same problem? I'm not taking anything except for 1000mg of Vitamin B5. I don't take Vitamin B complex with it. My cleansing regimen is still the same since I was on Accutane. Could the Vitamin B5 be the problem?? Any help will be most appreciated!! Thanks.

MemberMember
(@sarahf79)

Posted : 10/16/2008 6:25 pm

Hey there! I'm your age, 29, and about a year ago I had the same problem! I had no idea why, but these cysts were coming out between my eyebrows. I was not wearing glasses, or anything that would conceivably irritate that area. It eventually went away on it's own about 3 or 4 months after it started, but in the meantime I was battling it with heavy BP application - which was the only thing that helped. But it was serious application - like a huge dollop at night, and in the morning before work. Of course that resulted in flaking for a bit, too. It was a battle, and I still have no idea why the breakout occurred in that spot. Now they're just back to my chin and jawline, as usual

MemberMember
(@mokhc)

Posted : 10/31/2008 4:29 am

Thanks...I'll try what you did and hopefully it works!!

MemberMember
(@bigpore)

Posted : 11/07/2008 10:46 pm

Do you tweeze? If so, rinse your tweezer with rubbing alcohol before and after use. I know if I don't, I have hell to pay.

MemberMember
(@deletemyaccount)

Posted : 03/02/2009 2:49 pm

Do you tweeze? If so, rinse your tweezer with rubbing alcohol before and after use. I know if I don't, I have hell to pay.

AHHH I bet that's why I have a zit now. I NEVER rinse mine. I'll do that for NOW on.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 03/02/2009 5:03 pm

I've seen several people say that they break out between the eyebrows from eating peanuts.

I know my jawline, chin, neck, hairline cystic acne was a reaction to citrus and I figured it out from a coworker that got cysts only on her chin after drinking OJ. It seems that different citrus fruits caused a cyst in a different region. For example, I tried having a tangerine for the first time in about a decade and I promptly got cysts at my temples near the hairline. And limes, specifically key limes which I guess are stronger, cause cysts on my neck and jaw. I'm unwilling to experiment any further.

MemberMember
(@arley23)

Posted : 03/02/2009 5:05 pm

Thanks for the tip for now on when I do my eyebrows I will rinse my tweezers with rubbing alcohol.

MemberMember
(@deletemyaccount)

Posted : 03/02/2009 6:10 pm

I've seen several people say that they break out between the eyebrows from eating peanuts.

I know my jawline, chin, neck, hairline cystic acne was a reaction to citrus and I figured it out from a coworker that got cysts only on her chin after drinking OJ. It seems that different citrus fruits caused a cyst in a different region. For example, I tried having a tangerine for the first time in about a decade and I promptly got cysts at my temples near the hairline. And limes, specifically key limes which I guess are stronger, cause cysts on my neck and jaw. I'm unwilling to experiment any further.

What about something like organic Almond Butter? I just recently ate some on some Ezekiel bread and shortly after noticed this zit towards the left side between my eyes. Although I was plucking between there yesterday and shortly after I ate the almond butter.

I also use squeeze lime and lemon into my water, but I don't physically eat it, just to flavor my water. I actually have a zit right ON my temple too. LOL.

MemberMember
(@chocobot)

Posted : 03/13/2009 11:20 pm

Happens if I tweeze, but I think it happens if I clean it too.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 03/14/2009 1:11 pm

What about something like organic Almond Butter? I just recently ate some on some Ezekiel bread and shortly after noticed this zit towards the left side between my eyes. Although I was plucking between there yesterday and shortly after I ate the almond butter.

I also use squeeze lime and lemon into my water, but I don't physically eat it, just to flavor my water. I actually have a zit right ON my temple too. LOL.

Sure, if you are allergic to almonds. Almonds aren't nuts, btw. They are the seed of a fruit related to cherries, peaches and other stone fruit. Genus Prunus. They are a common allergen.

Citrus is another common allergen, and it does cause me to break out in cysts. But I don't usually have a problem with lemon or lime juice in water. Except if it's key limes. And I've seen lemons in a list of foods few people are allergic to but with no explanation about why that is.

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 03/14/2009 1:38 pm

Show me an article where it says citris is a common food allergy.

What kind of pimples are you having between your eyebrows? Maybe you can have your derm inject them with cortizone. I went to the derm and he injected six pimples on me yesterday. It does work. The inflamation goes down in 48 hours and the pimple is gone

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 03/14/2009 5:00 pm

Show me an article where it says citris is a common food allergy.

???? They are included on any standard allergy test in which they test you for common allergens. Like this one:

http://www.ibstreatmentcenter.com/b2.htm

But here's an article:

http://whfoods.org/genpage.php?tname=diet&dbid=7

MemberMember
(@illegalsmile)

Posted : 02/16/2010 8:19 pm

I was getting these stupid pimples/bumps (sometimes they would form a whitehead, other times they were just cyst-like) in between my eyebrows and it was really pissing me off. You can search google and it's probably been posted in this thread about what parts of your body are overwhelmed or toxic () and create skin problems. Well I had started drinking too much tea and was constantly breaking out in this area. The day after I stopped drinking tea and just went back to only water things started to clear up, now the pimples have subsided altogether.

Background: I have the occasional pimple here and there (esp. if I haven't been taking care of myself).

I've learned from helping friends and myself that what really works is being HEALTHY and knowing what your body can't handle. If you can't handle processed flour, don't eat it. If you can't drink 32oz of a tea a day, don't. The body is simple. If you're reading this and you're over say 25 and you still have regular breakouts then you need to re-evaluate your diet and lifestyle altogether. Before this tea incident I might have a pimple show up once every 3-4 months.

MemberMember
(@flowerr)

Posted : 02/23/2010 8:21 pm

According to chinese medicine and stuff, certain areas of your face that break out represent a certain part of your body that is unhealthy.

The breakouts between eyebrows usually mean your heart and your liver that is "unhealthy"... hahaha I dont kno if you wanna believe this but this is just a bit to think about!

Have you been drinking? Exercising regularly? :)

MemberMember
(@wesclo)

Posted : 05/11/2010 1:04 am

i also get these breakouts and noticed it coincided with the development alot more dead skin in my eyebrows kinda like dandruff, wierd i know. so anyway ive just been putting a bit of head and shoulders on my eyebrows for the dandruff and the pimples would go away soon after, try it if you have flaky eyebrows

MemberMember
(@wintersports)

Posted : 03/02/2020 12:41 pm

On 5/11/2010 at 1:04 AM, Wesclo said:

i also get these breakouts and noticed it coincided with the development alot more dead skin in my eyebrows kinda like dandruff, wierd i know. so anyway ive just been putting a bit of head and shoulders on my eyebrows for the dandruff and the pimples would go away soon after, try it if you have flaky eyebrows

Sorry to bump a 10 year old thread, but I had been dealing with this since May 2019 or so and finally solved it around January 2020 by removing all products that contain fatty esters from my routine, using Nizoral anti-dandruff shampoo once a week, using Dan's BP generously around my eyebrows daily, and switching from 0.1% Retin-A Micro to 0.1% Tazorac cream. It seemed to take a combination of all 3 to solve the issue of acne between eyebrows for me.

I think dandruff/fungal acne definitely has something to do with it as Nizoral and Head and Shoulders both work by having anti fungal ingredients (ketoconazole and pyrithione zinc). BP is apparently mildly anti fungal according to the Simple Skincare Science blog on fungal acne but it's also super effective for acne as we all know here. Retin-A Micro apparently is so weak for acne that there aren't many comparison studies versus regular Retin-A (you would think that if it was a superior product then the inventor Johnson & Johnson would flood academic journals with studies showing superior results for Retin-A Micro).

Somewhat most importantly is the discontinuation of use of products containing fatty esters, which are generally known to be comedogenic and have been studied to boost the growth of the malassezia fungus (which also causes dandruff). This is the link between eyebrow acne and dandruff. Personally I have cut them out of my skincare since around November, cured my eyebrow acne around late January when I enacted all the treatments listed above, and then reintroduced fungal acne promoting ingredients like isopropyl palmitate or stearic acid one by one into my routine. Upon introduction of these products I began getting eyebrow acne again within 2-3 days.

I disagree with everyone jumping to diet as the cause. Unless you have a food allergy, the link between acne and diet is not as clear as the link between fatty esters and malassezia and the first thing I would try is BP, Nizoral shampoo on the face 2-3 times weekly, and eliminating ingredients that promote malassezia growth. A good resource for looking up the ingredients labels of products is SkinCarisma, which did not exist at the time of the last post on this thread. Fungal acne as a topic also seems to be a more recent internet phenomenon, it was maybe around 2016 or so that I began to see lots of references to it on reddit.

So the moral of the story is: avoid ingredients that trigger fungal acne!

MemberMember
(@ben100604)

Posted : 04/17/2020 4:27 pm

It's highly unlikely that you will ever find a specific cause of acne for specific areas of your face. Not without investing tens of millions into cutting edge technology and research.

Anything else is just speculation based on anecdotal evidence from strangers on the internet. And that's never good.